Royalty points for a pre season friendly

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Jun 2006 15:04

Surely it is more of an opportunity for those who already have a lot of RPs to get even further ahead?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Jun 2006 15:11

starliaison I may be wrong but the opposition for a home friendly cannot be from a lower league so it seems to me it has to be a foreign team (and as the SPL is from a different country don't Rangers and Celtic qualify as foreign?).

Is this really true? I can't see how or why this would be a Premiership ruling.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jun 2006 15:50

Hoop Blah
starliaison I may be wrong but the opposition for a home friendly cannot be from a lower league so it seems to me it has to be a foreign team (and as the SPL is from a different country don't Rangers and Celtic qualify as foreign?).

Is this really true? I can't see how or why this would be a Premiership ruling.

Probably not strictly true as Fulham played Watford at home in a friendly first game back at Craven Cottage.

Is most likely a timing thing. Prem clubs will often want to play their home friendly close to the start of the season, normally after the FL has started.

kirkrich

by kirkrich » 06 Jul 2006 22:28

Not being a sth these days, I will definately go to this game as I don't suppose I will get a chance to see many matches this season. As for the nectar points... couldn't give a stuff, I'm well down the pecking order and will probably stay there. Best chance i have of going when I can is when the ground expands, won't need sainsbury points then!