Confirmation of Away Season Tickets

The Cube

Re: Confirmation of Away Season Tickets

by The Cube » 20 Jun 2006 11:13

starliaison
royalsteve stupid question....did the AST start this season or were AST's available in previous seasons? If so, I knew nothing of it and Ive been to almost every RFC home game and a large number of away games for 30 years. Alot of RFC fans I speak to say the same. I guess demand isnt as high in previous seasons but this also indicates poor marketing on the club's part?

As far as I know they have been available for at least 2 seasons and maybe started when they changed to the new computer system. It was also possible to have cup tickets automatically sent to you for your ST seat and charged to your card the same way as the AST works (also hardly used).

I don't think they were heavily marketed but there was definitely mention of them 2 years ago with the ST renewal bumpf.

Certainly those who do have an AST know most of the others as there were only about 70 before and they are the people who tend to go to every away game rather than just a lot - which is just as well as you have to take every single ticket this season.

The home cups season ticket was not available for 2005/06, so I'm glad to see that it has been brought back for next season.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 21 Jun 2006 14:06

The Cube
starliaison
royalsteve stupid question....did the AST start this season or were AST's available in previous seasons? If so, I knew nothing of it and Ive been to almost every RFC home game and a large number of away games for 30 years. Alot of RFC fans I speak to say the same. I guess demand isnt as high in previous seasons but this also indicates poor marketing on the club's part?

As far as I know they have been available for at least 2 seasons and maybe started when they changed to the new computer system. It was also possible to have cup tickets automatically sent to you for your ST seat and charged to your card the same way as the AST works (also hardly used).

I don't think they were heavily marketed but there was definitely mention of them 2 years ago with the ST renewal bumpf.

Certainly those who do have an AST know most of the others as there were only about 70 before and they are the people who tend to go to every away game rather than just a lot - which is just as well as you have to take every single ticket this season.

The home cups season ticket was not available for 2005/06, so I'm glad to see that it has been brought back for next season.

I agree. Just a shame I couldn't get one seen as I renewed my season ticket online!

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 23 Jun 2006 19:19

The Cube
starliaison

i didnt bother with the cup home season ticket, despite going to all the cup home games last season....reckon a change of mind is in order and will get RFC to update my card

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 27 Jun 2006 11:24

bobby1413 I emailed the sales office yesterday morning asking about my home st and away st.

They replied today saying that both are safe and have been allocated to me.

YAY!

Anyone else heard yet?

I have had two text messages a few days apart saying my season ticket is allocated, I was hoping one was the AST. but not sure now.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 27 Jun 2006 12:02

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~842340,00.html

Away season tickets
Every supporter who has applied for an away season ticket has been successful.

Around 700 supporters have signed up, and the Club will be sending a short SMS text message very soon to confirm these purchases.

Please ensure Reading FC has your current mobile telephone number - you can update this information by visiting the 'Update Your Details' on the ticketing section by emailing memberservices@readingfc.co.uk with your customer number and mobile number.

You can still apply for away season tickets using the normal application form and submitting it to the Sales Centre.

-----

I believe thats answered your questions! Im surprised its 700 tho.. thought is would be double that!

I'm Mad

by I'm Mad » 27 Jun 2006 12:05

Wasn't it only something like 100 people had an AST for last season though? That's a big increase as it is bb0118.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 27 Jun 2006 12:06

No AST for you though im mad - pLOLastic.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Jul 2006 14:25

Text just received from RFC confirming the successful renewal of my away season ticket.

Having renewed my home ST on-line, I now have a new parking ST and a home cup ticket registration to go with the above.................all received via my postal application (registered, just in case :wink: )

So, credit where credit's due................well done to all concerned.

Keeper

by Keeper » 04 Jul 2006 14:28

Just had one too, wonder if i'm still just next to you Woodcote, not that I ever sat in my allocated seat :wink:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Jul 2006 14:33

And the few became a multitude...................gloryhunters, couldn't you eat 2 for breakfast :evil:

:P

Keeper

by Keeper » 04 Jul 2006 14:51

How many of us were AST's last season, i'm sure 100 is way too many, more like 30.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Jul 2006 14:58

No more than 50 would be my guess.

The Cube

by The Cube » 04 Jul 2006 16:07

Pretty sure the club said at some stage it was "about 70".