The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

5325 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Franchise FC » 14 Jul 2018 07:53

Winston Biscuit wrote:
Sanguine wrote:Weird episode this only in that at no point has he been 'sacked' or agreed to 'leave by mutual consent', or 'resigned'. It's just dragged on forever, Sarri is as good as confirmed on his way and now Conte has 'left the club'.

I heard a story a while back that Chelsea were essentially looking into having 2 managers as Conte wouldn't resign and they didn't want to sack him and give him a lump sum. It was speculated that they would have 1 official manager and one head coach, Conte would be asked not to report in for training or matches ever again and so would essentially leave but would not be able to take a job elsewhere

Any half-arsed employment lawyer would get him the full payout as soon as he's told not to attend the first training session.
Employment law still applies, even to football clubs

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 14 Jul 2018 09:31

Franchise FC wrote:
Winston Biscuit wrote:
Sanguine wrote:Weird episode this only in that at no point has he been 'sacked' or agreed to 'leave by mutual consent', or 'resigned'. It's just dragged on forever, Sarri is as good as confirmed on his way and now Conte has 'left the club'.

I heard a story a while back that Chelsea were essentially looking into having 2 managers as Conte wouldn't resign and they didn't want to sack him and give him a lump sum. It was speculated that they would have 1 official manager and one head coach, Conte would be asked not to report in for training or matches ever again and so would essentially leave but would not be able to take a job elsewhere

Any half-arsed employment lawyer would get him the full payout as soon as he's told not to attend the first training session.
Employment law still applies, even to football clubs

Allegedly Conte was Real Madrid's first choice to replace Zidane. But due to the legal ramifications and wanting his full £9m pay off, it delayed the whole process thus Real opting for Lopetegui. The legal battle ensues because Chelsea are citing Conte was in breach of his contract and will use the Diego Costa saga as a prime example.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2018 11:27

You can feel the media already lining up the “who’s Sarri now” type headlines

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Addict
Location: and you know that I feel out of place until i'm levered off my face

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jul 2018 15:05

'Sarri seems to be the hardest Ferd'

^newspaper headline when Rio gets beat up by Sarri due to Sarri saying he was a member of the Ferdinand family and if anyone said he wasn't he would fight them.
Last edited by Winston Biscuit on 14 Jul 2018 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Addict
Location: and you know that I feel out of place until i'm levered off my face

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jul 2018 15:07

'Sarri, you're not a winner'
Enter Shikari

5325 posts