Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: England - the future....

by Royal Rother » 17 May 2018 14:48

Hoop Blah wrote:
Royal Rother wrote:
Hoop Blah wrote:
He played the last two games there and excelled. It shouldn’t be too much of a surprise to someone willing to lambast the manager for his selections really...

Quite the opposite I’d have thought.

Well not really, IMO.

I'd expect someone (discounting the brain dead trolls etc) to make such a comment with at least a little bit of knowledge of the subject. Basically, anyone with enough interest to be driven to comment on it being laughable etc surely would've at least read a match report, teamsheet or the subsequent debate from those two games. Walkers switch to centre half was probably the main talking point of those friendlies.

Are you OCD?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 May 2018 13:45

Royal Rother wrote:Are you OCD?

I guess I must be!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 May 2018 16:06

:D

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 May 2018 11:54

You still pushing for Wilshere’s inclusion, RR?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by stealthpapes » 21 May 2018 16:04

stealthpapes wrote:England U-17 2 1 Italy U-17.

Almost 8000 in a sun drenched Bescott watched a stereotypical game of two halves. With none of the players that won the U-17 world cup, England struggled for the first half. Italy looked more composed, more cynical and played with much more nous.

Second half, though, was great fun from an England point of view. Appiah's goal was very well taken, they created at least three or four absolutely golden chances and ran out deserved winners. Two other players I noted - right back, Crowe, very composed and striker/attacking mid, Duncan, combative.

More pressing to the thread title, England got to the semis of this tournament and were beaten on penalties. Italy made it all the way to the final but were abject in their penalties. Netherlands won.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 21 May 2018 16:22

stealthpapes wrote:
stealthpapes wrote:England U-17 2 1 Italy U-17.

Almost 8000 in a sun drenched Bescott watched a stereotypical game of two halves. With none of the players that won the U-17 world cup, England struggled for the first half. Italy looked more composed, more cynical and played with much more nous.

Second half, though, was great fun from an England point of view. Appiah's goal was very well taken, they created at least three or four absolutely golden chances and ran out deserved winners. Two other players I noted - right back, Crowe, very composed and striker/attacking mid, Duncan, combative.

More pressing to the thread title, England got to the semis of this tournament and were beaten on penalties. Italy made it all the way to the final but were abject in their penalties. Netherlands won.

Looks like they are teaching them well from a young age then etc etc

1026 posts