Still we apparently had a load of ooooooooooos and aaaaaaaaaahhs

Had enough of his excuses and cliché s

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Nigel Adkin's post game interview /Derby

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2014 18:30

F8ck me, I despair! I find it absolutely incredible and depressing that people appear to want to get rid of a manager as much on the basis of how he sounds in his post match interviews as for anything else!

Even if that was to be a valid reason, we could sack Adkins and replace him with someone who does give 'acceptable' interviews and things still wouldn't get any better on the pitch. For things to change the owners need to free up the purse strings a bit and the manager, whoever that is, needs to go out and sign some loan players to strengthen the squad. It is absolutely ludicrous that the only 'cover' we have in defence is a youngster who has played just one full league game.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 18 Oct 2014 20:25

Adkins's comments seemed a reasonable reflection on the game.
I noted the oohs and aahs as well. I'm hoping for a full-on Ron-Manager style version at some point.
Of course he uses clichés. He can't say publically what he thinks or says within the dressing-room walls. So the whole thing is reduced to non-controversial, safe and standard terms.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 18 Oct 2014 20:41

RoyalBlue F8ck me, I despair! I find it absolutely incredible and depressing that people appear to want to get rid of a manager as much on the basis of how he sounds in his post match interviews as for anything else!

Even if that was to be a valid reason, we could sack Adkins and replace him with someone who does give 'acceptable' interviews and things still wouldn't get any better on the pitch. For things to change the owners need to free up the purse strings a bit and the manager, whoever that is, needs to go out and sign some loan players to strengthen the squad. It is absolutely ludicrous that the only 'cover' we have in defence is a youngster who has played just one full league game.

I want him gone because we are going backwards with his rubbish Tactics.
Fed up with his Blah Blah post match waffle.

Soton got rid because they where ambitious. Look where they are now!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Oct 2014 20:55

He (NA) was instrumental in getting them there tho'.

Write this season off folks....most of us already had before August....mid table will do, thank you.

Next season, correct funding and more back-up, judge the guy then.....he's already on a downer with himself

seanboyd_2

by seanboyd_2 » 18 Oct 2014 21:16

AthleticoSpizz He (NA) was instrumental in getting them there tho'.

Write this season off folks....most of us already had before August....mid table will do, thank you.

Next season, correct funding and more back-up, judge the guy then.....he's already on a downer with himself

+1

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 18 Oct 2014 21:18

I would buy a car from this man.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Oct 2014 21:22

2.8 lita injection I would buy a car from this man.

I'd run him over with a car.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Oct 2014 07:50

He actually almost said something in that interview rather than just give us a summary of the game and the usual round of cliches, so things must be being taken seriously behind the scenes - nice one Nigel.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 19 Oct 2014 08:43

i would much rather hear this kind of thing than the repetative crap from the previous boss (we will take the positives and move on)
At least Nigel tells it as he sees it.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Oct 2014 08:46

LOL, do you genuinely believe that Windy or are you on the wind up?

Adkins says "We'll take the positives" all the time, in fact it's his most used saying.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Oct 2014 08:59

Royality creeps In
RoyalBlue F8ck me, I despair! I find it absolutely incredible and depressing that people appear to want to get rid of a manager as much on the basis of how he sounds in his post match interviews as for anything else!

I want him gone because we are going backwards with his rubbish Tactics.
Fed up with his Blah Blah post match waffle.

Soton got rid because they where ambitious. Look where they are now!

It's not like Southampton have had any sort of financial windfall regarding selling players for stupid amounts of money or anything.

In regards to NA I actually thought he came across well in the interview and IIRC he actually says "I can't come out here and say we will take the positives" or something along those lines.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Oct 2014 11:42

Royality creeps In Still we apparently had a load of ooooooooooos and aaaaaaaaaahhs

Had enough of his excuses and cliché s

There weren't any excuses given or cliches used in that interview, were there?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Oct 2014 11:44

At the start of the season the general feeling on here appeared to be that if we can finally get the ownership issues sorted, blood some of our excellent Academy products, and finish lower mid table then it would be a successful season - as for promotion, forget it, the squad simply isn't ready for it.

Where are we now? Ownership sorted, loads of youngsters blooded, and lower-mid in the table, but because we signed a couple of players and flirted with the play off zone briefly, expectations are raised to stupid levels and all of a sudden Adkins is crap, needs to go so we can recover the season.

Frankly, it's all a bit feeble-minded.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Oct 2014 12:08

I for one dislike his interviews, hence why I don't bother listening to him. If i want a summary of the game I have just watched, I rather catch highlights on TV!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Oct 2014 12:18

Didn't I say about signing a defender on loan and you ripped into me?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Oct 2014 12:21

And both Coppell and McDermott would admit when we had played badly

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 19 Oct 2014 12:31

windermere_royal i would much rather hear this kind of thing than the repetative crap from the previous boss (we will take the positives and move on)

Absolutely risible that some still rubbish the previous, over-performing manager. I think that many of you thoroughly deserve every drubbing we get tbh.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Oct 2014 13:02

windermere_royal i would much rather hear this kind of thing than the repetative crap from the previous boss (we will take the positives and move on)

Spot on. He was crap. Adkins plays proper football. Successful exciting attacking football that it's been a pleasure to watch for the last 18 months. A real pleasure. Well done you Nigel.