Tickets for Burnley

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

Tickets for Burnley

by Flyingkiwi » 11 Feb 2016 21:37

Am I going to have any trouble buying a ticket on saturday for the Burnley game?? What's the process?? Is there a ticket booth at the gates or will I have to go to some "main office" somewhere?? How much time should I give myself to complete this process?? I'll be in Reading tomorrow afternoon (fairly late afternoon). Is there somewhere in town I can buy one??
Cheers.
FK

RG7Fan

Re: Tickets for Burnley

by RG7Fan » 11 Feb 2016 22:02

Flyingkiwi Am I going to have any trouble buying a ticket on saturday for the Burnley game?? What's the process?? Is there a ticket booth at the gates or will I have to go to some "main office" somewhere?? How much time should I give myself to complete this process?? I'll be in Reading tomorrow afternoon (fairly late afternoon). Is there somewhere in town I can buy one??
Cheers.
FK

Maybe try the ticket office???

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 11 Feb 2016 22:31

You need to go to the ticket office at the ground, the match will not be sold out so you should have no problem. The ticket office is next to the "megastore" - it's pretty obvious. If for any reason you're not sure ask anyone - there's a 98.7% chance the person you ask will be pleased to help you.

If you're travelling by public transport from Reading try to set off by 1:30. It shouldn't take too long to find the ticket office. You can pay using a card or cash. It costs more than in advance but it's perfectly possible to buy a ticket on spec on the day. If you've never been before the East Stand tends to be full of mostly season ticket holders, the North Stand is for home (Reading) fans behind the goal Reading will almost certainly be attacking in the second half. The lower west is for grandparents and other assorted almost dead people, the upper west is like the lower west only more so, it costs more and is even less atmospheric than a graveyard with all the atmosphere removed.

Have a great visit and bring us luck.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Feb 2016 09:39

Are you going to Burnley?

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 12 Feb 2016 10:23

Yep Green. I'll be there. I'll be coming down to Reading today.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Feb 2016 10:28

Flyingkiwi Yep Green. I'll be there. I'll be coming down to Reading today.

If you have a member card then making a phone call to the T.O. or going on line to their site will be the easiest options.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 12 Feb 2016 13:54

Armadillo Roadkill If you've never been before the East Stand tends to be full of mostly season ticket holders, the North Stand is for home (Reading) fans behind the goal Reading will almost certainly be attacking in the second half. The lower west is for grandparents and other assorted almost dead people, the upper west is like the lower west only more so, it costs more and is even less atmospheric than a graveyard with all the atmosphere removed.

All stands are mostly season ticket holders but aim towards the East stand Y24/25/26. You'll have a great day out singing from the repertoire of three songs, one of which relates to an achievement before Christ was born. The away supporters will then laugh incessantly. Beware, all of the chants are so complex you'll remember the words after the first line - and by god you'll need to - cos they'll be sung ad infinitum all afternoon and the only listeners will be in the first column in the South stand as the puny chorus disappears like a will o' the wisp on the wind no further than 20 ft from this legendary East Stand atmosphere. However, this maybe a myth due to having a ST in Upper West where no one has ever heard anything emanate from that part of the ground. You will then be blasted with a retort one hundred times the volume from a couple of hundred away supporters. Enjoy.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Feb 2016 16:37

Pandoras Box All stands are mostly season ticket holders.

Really barely 12000 out of 24000, expect to have to sit down the front and freeze to death, worse if it rains or snows.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 12 Feb 2016 18:14

Cheers for all this info folks.

Last year, when I asked a similar question (I had planned to go to the Wigan game that got postponed), somebody told me that there was a bus that ran from somewhere near the station to the stadium. Does this bus still exist and, if it does, what number is it??

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Feb 2016 22:48

Flyingkiwi Cheers for all this info folks.

Last year, when I asked a similar question (I had planned to go to the Wigan game that got postponed), somebody told me that there was a bus that ran from somewhere near the station to the stadium. Does this bus still exist and, if it does, what number is it??

Dunno, what was its number plate and i'll check with the bus company whether it's been written off in some hideous bus crash/insurance scam yet or not.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 12 Feb 2016 23:53

Flyingkiwi Cheers for all this info folks.

From the station, head down towards Greyfriars Road, the buses depart from outside where the old bus station used to be. No 72 £4.00 return.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Feb 2016 06:43

Buses to ground really easy to find.

Leave train station and turn right, down the steps and you'll see taxis and a few buses lined up. They are the ones that go to the ground.

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1