SPECULATION - MOHAMED EISA

by savage 4 england » 11 Jun 2018 17:41

No rumour at all.

This should be the type of signing we should be looking at:
- 23 goals in League Two last season;
- 23 years old;
- Looks quick and create something out of nothing; and
- Relatively cheaper wages.

It would probably be a lot of money for someone from League Two (£1-2m), but given the current climate it seems like a reasonable risk.

It seems Brentford are sniffing around and they have been excellent at snapping up players from the lower leagues.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION - MOHAMED EISA

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2018 18:29

Big jump from League 2... I'd want to see evidence of quality over more than two seasons if we want someone to jump two divisions. I'd rather give Nova, Smith, Loader and Bod some faith than pay £1m for a guy off the back of one very good season in L2.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 11 Jun 2018 18:37

Snowflake Royal wrote:Big jump from League 2... I'd want to see evidence of quality over more than two seasons if we want someone to jump two divisions. I'd rather give Nova, Smith, Loader and Bod some faith than pay £1m for a guy off the back of one very good season in L2.

I totally understand getting evidence of his quality over a period of time, but sometimes you have to make gut decisions. Two years down the road after two more good seasons then we would be priced out of buying the player altogether? and the vultures would have snapped him up.

MM

by MM » 11 Jun 2018 19:08

Agree 100% this is exactly the player I would like us to sign. He's been improving steadily over two seasons and would be a great signing. We'd still need another striker, and plenty of other better players too though.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 11 Jun 2018 19:12

Snowflake Royal wrote:Big jump from League 2... I'd want to see evidence of quality over more than two seasons if we want someone to jump two divisions. I'd rather give Nova, Smith, Loader and Bod some faith than pay £1m for a guy off the back of one very good season in L2.

£1m is nothing these days, just pay the price if it is so and then see what happens

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2018 20:37

Crowbar6753 wrote:

I totally understand getting evidence of his quality over a period of time, but sometimes you have to make gut decisions. Two years down the road after two more good seasons then we would be priced out of buying the player altogether? and the vultures would have snapped him up.

Sorry I meant over more than one season, so at least two. You're right it does mean possibly missing out. I'm not sure we need another prospect not necessarily ready to step up yet though. As signings go, it wouldn't be horrible though.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jun 2018 10:01

STOP POSTING ABOUT THESE PLAYERS - THEY AREN'T GOING TO PLAY BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Mo Eisa is an absolute machine, I'd be very open to this signing

Hound
Hob Nob Addict

by Hound » 12 Jun 2018 10:08

certainly wouldn't argue if we tried to sign this chap

leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by leon » 12 Jun 2018 20:06

Hound wrote:certainly wouldn't argue if we tried to sign this chap

Yes you would

linkenholtroyal

by linkenholtroyal » 12 Jun 2018 21:17

leon wrote:

Yes you would

No he wouldn’t :D

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Regular

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Jun 2018 21:58

John Smith wrote:

STOP POSTING ABOUT THESE PLAYERS - THEY AREN'T GOING TO PLAY BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Mo Eisa is an absolute machine, I'd be very open to this signing

There's justification for Novakovich, he's had a great standard, scoring 22 goals in a league that is of a higher standard than League Two.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict

by Hound » 12 Jun 2018 22:15

leon wrote:

Yes you would

Yeah you’re probably right

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1