Owners Xmas raffle

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tilehurstender
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: 18 Jul 2004 22:26

Owners Xmas raffle

by tilehurstender » 23 Dec 2018 13:09

How do I find out whether I’ve won or not????

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5342
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2018 13:29

You'd have been announced as manager.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11992
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by sandman » 23 Dec 2018 14:36

Much like the rest of the club this was an utter shambles.

biff
Member
Posts: 508
Joined: 07 Mar 2008 23:33

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by biff » 23 Dec 2018 14:47

They put the names on the screen. A great idea, but if id've won the meal with players I'd hand it back.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7683
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2018 17:15

What raffle?


muirinho
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by muirinho » 23 Dec 2018 18:57

biff wrote:They put the names on the screen. A great idea, but if id've won the meal with players I'd hand it back.


and miss out on the glorious opportunity to tell them what you think of them?

Surely not.

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11433
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by RoyalBlue » 23 Dec 2018 23:56

sandman wrote:Much like the rest of the club this was an utter shambles.


Agreed. Before the game they announced that the prizes had to be collected from the club reception after the game.

Then some bright spark decided that the only way they would announce the winners was by flashing the names of the winners up on the screen in tiny font during the second half! :twisted: Even if people did spot them it was impossible to read the names from the far end of the stadium.

It was almost as though they wanted to ensure the prizes weren't claimed.

A nice gesture from the owners ruined by the incompetence of those they entrusted to run it.

User avatar
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3456
Joined: 15 Jun 2012 15:24

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Dec 2018 04:10

RoyalBlue wrote:
sandman wrote:Much like the rest of the club this was an utter shambles.


Agreed. Before the game they announced that the prizes had to be collected from the club reception after the game.

Then some bright spark decided that the only way they would announce the winners was by flashing the names of the winners up on the screen in tiny font during the second half! :twisted: Even if people did spot them it was impossible to read the names from the far end of the stadium.

It was almost as though they wanted to ensure the prizes weren't claimed.

A nice gesture from the owners ruined by the incompetence of those they entrusted to run it.

Seriously? I'm in Y20 and could absolutely see nothing on the screen, if that was the only way to claim then yes, utter shambles.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Dec 2018 09:24

I was in the ED stand and couldn't see a damn thing on the screen. If that is the only way they are announcing the winners then it is a complete and utter con and a scam.


Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 748
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Dec 2018 18:45

I won the pork chops!

User avatar
Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 26528
Joined: 29 Jun 2012 13:28

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Green » 28 Dec 2018 13:44

Nice that it was somebody on here who brought home the bacon

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11433
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by RoyalBlue » 31 Dec 2018 11:53

I see that the OS has pictures of the winners of some of the bigger prizes. Either those people were sat near the big screen and/or have great eye sight or the club sent someone to notify them during the game that they were a prize winner.

It would be good if the club actually published a list of the prize winners on the OS (most of the prizes weren't perishable so don't see why the winners couldn't pick them up at tomorrow's game) and might reduce suspicions that it was all a bit of a con.

User avatar
Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 26528
Joined: 29 Jun 2012 13:28

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Green » 31 Dec 2018 12:52

Assuming the winners are happy for their details to be published, and have given consent to that effect.

One hapless betting firm I worked at did a million pound big prize promo - which was basically to generate publicity when the prize was won. However they didn't put it in the T&Cs that you had to "go public" with the prize, and the winner chose to keep quiet. D'ohs all round :)


muirinho
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by muirinho » 02 Jan 2019 18:19

Green wrote:Assuming the winners are happy for their details to be published, and have given consent to that effect.

One hapless betting firm I worked at did a million pound big prize promo - which was basically to generate publicity when the prize was won. However they didn't put it in the T&Cs that you had to "go public" with the prize, and the winner chose to keep quiet. D'ohs all round :)


Full list of winners is now published!
Can still claim if you are on the list and didn't realise at the time

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/j ... rs-raffle/

User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11433
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jan 2019 18:39

Yep, looks like the tweets finally worked. So all above board. And they are now allowing supporters to still collect the prizes if they didn't/couldn't see the results on the day of Middlesbrough game. What a shame it was such hard work getting them to this point.

And I never realised that the @RFCSupport 'The official support account for @ReadingFC' twitter account existed.

Given they only have 656 followers it would seem most other supporters are unaware of its existence too!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 19385
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: https://goo.gl/maps/i8aVNAvDB872

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Forbury Lion » 10 Jan 2019 10:30

Just had a browse down the list, which was in a seemingly random order (why not make it alphabetical?)..... No win for me :cry:

I did spot the name of Andy Murray, one to add to our celebrity fans wikipedia page :?:

A1ndy
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: 15 Jun 2005 08:33
Location: Reading

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by A1ndy » 10 Jan 2019 10:57

Forbury Lion wrote:Just had a browse down the list, which was in a seemingly random order (why not make it alphabetical?)..... No win for me :cry:

I did spot the name of Andy Murray, one to add to our celebrity fans wikipedia page :?:



Hi, this is myself... reminded me I need to ring the club and find out what I have won..lol

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jan 2019 10:58

A1ndy wrote:
Forbury Lion wrote:Just had a browse down the list, which was in a seemingly random order (why not make it alphabetical?)..... No win for me :cry:

I did spot the name of Andy Murray, one to add to our celebrity fans wikipedia page :?:



Hi, this is myself... reminded me I need to ring the club and find out what I have won..lol


A tennis racquet.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5205
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Nameless » 10 Jan 2019 11:15

You’ve won a hip replacement, donated by the Circle Hospital.
Enjoy....

User avatar
Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 26528
Joined: 29 Jun 2012 13:28

Re: Owners Xmas raffle

by Green » 11 Jan 2019 18:20

A new joke book

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

It is currently 19 Jan 2019 18:55