Tiago llori

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5342
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Tiago llori

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2019 10:04

Lower West wrote:
Hound wrote:He hasn't been absolutely terrible on the pitch, but the fact he has been injured a lot (twice when he has been there as a sub), is probably not cheap, not a long term option, and is having no discernibly positive effect on his fellow defenders makes him a very poor signing imo


A major influence on the younger players such as Rinomhota. The experience he brings shouldn't be underestimated. Clement identified the lack of character in the squad towards the end of last season. Hence at the time a throwaway signing. Suspect he offers a lot on the training ground as well and in the dressing room.

I don't think that's anything but wild speculation. If O'Shea was such a positive influence surely we'd see Blackett, Ilori and co play smarter and make fewer mistakes. This is a player you is on target for his third relegation in a row in teams that are a total shambles and just can't defend. How does that suggest he's a good influence.

And why would you say he's had any affect on Rinomhota, who was a good prospect long before he arrived.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8200
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Tiago llori

by Hound » 12 Jan 2019 10:11

Yep clearly not offered that much in the dressing room or training ground looking at a) our league position and b) our lack of character - esp when we go behind

What I see is a nice guy and a good pro. What i don’t see is any evidence of leadership

User avatar
poohs pure
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: 10 May 2004 22:48
Location: berks

Re: Tiago llori

by poohs pure » 12 Jan 2019 11:45

andrew1957 wrote:Probably a player better suited to the European game. Would be a good move for us and him if it happens.


Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus?

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6169
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Tiago llori

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2019 13:08

poohs pure wrote:
andrew1957 wrote:Probably a player better suited to the European game. Would be a good move for us and him if it happens.


Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus?


Real Murcia, Marbella, Matera.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7683
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Tiago llori

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2019 15:32

Rumour is that Reading have now turned down a 2.2m Euro bid. Also a truly bizarre rumour is that Sporting also want Reading to carry on paying Ilori’s wages for this season :shock:


Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3148
Joined: 13 Jul 2004 13:32

Re: Tiago llori

by Royalwaster » 12 Jan 2019 19:35

Sutekh wrote:Rumour is that Reading have now turned down a 2.2m Euro bid. Also a truly bizarre rumour is that Sporting also want Reading to carry on paying Ilori’s wages for this season :shock:


How about we pay them 2.2m Euro and pay his wages .... ? Sounds like a Champ manager bid.

User avatar
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Posts: 12690
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 21:46
Location: Doesn't really matter how, just so long as it's now. 

Re: Tiago llori

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2019 02:01

Take whatever they're offering and get a proper centre half in.

User avatar
leon
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 18886
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:18
Location: Hips, Lips, Tits, Power

Re: Tiago llori

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 03:40

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Lower West wrote:
Hound wrote:He hasn't been absolutely terrible on the pitch, but the fact he has been injured a lot (twice when he has been there as a sub), is probably not cheap, not a long term option, and is having no discernibly positive effect on his fellow defenders makes him a very poor signing imo


A major influence on the younger players such as Rinomhota. The experience he brings shouldn't be underestimated. Clement identified the lack of character in the squad towards the end of last season. Hence at the time a throwaway signing. Suspect he offers a lot on the training ground as well and in the dressing room.

I don't think that's anything but wild speculation. If O'Shea was such a positive influence surely we'd see Blackett, Ilori and co play smarter and make fewer mistakes. This is a player you is on target for his third relegation in a row in teams that are a total shambles and just can't defend. How does that suggest he's a good influence.

And why would you say he's had any affect on Rinomhota, who was a good prospect long before he arrived.


This post is entire speculation and baseless opinion.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5342
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Tiago llori

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2019 10:21

You seem to have a hard on for me right now, but I'll explain scepticism for you seeing as you dont seem to get it.

I haven't made an assertion, I've rejected an assertion that has no supporting evidence just speculation. I've then said what I'd have expected to see if it was true.

It's also a fact, not speculation, that John O'Shea is currently on for his third relegation in a row.


Jinx
Member
Posts: 605
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 19:41

Re: Tiago llori

by Jinx » 13 Jan 2019 16:53

It's not a fact if it hasn't happened - it's a possibility

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5342
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Tiago llori

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2019 20:06

It's a fact it is a possibility that is currently on target to happen seeing as we're in the relegation zone. I didn't say he had been relegated three seasons in a row. Or that he definitely would be.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5205
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: Tiago llori

by Nameless » 13 Jan 2019 20:08

It’s a fact that he’s on target to be relegated 6 times in a row although where that gets us I’m not sure.

User avatar
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 2799
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 11:35
Location: Watching the revolving door at the County Ground

Re: Tiago llori

by Lower West » 13 Jan 2019 20:54

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Lower West wrote:
Hound wrote:He hasn't been absolutely terrible on the pitch, but the fact he has been injured a lot (twice when he has been there as a sub), is probably not cheap, not a long term option, and is having no discernibly positive effect on his fellow defenders makes him a very poor signing imo


A major influence on the younger players such as Rinomhota. The experience he brings shouldn't be underestimated. Clement identified the lack of character in the squad towards the end of last season. Hence at the time a throwaway signing. Suspect he offers a lot on the training ground as well and in the dressing room.

I don't think that's anything but wild speculation. If O'Shea was such a positive influence surely we'd see Blackett, Ilori and co play smarter and make fewer mistakes. This is a player you is on target for his third relegation in a row in teams that are a total shambles and just can't defend. How does that suggest he's a good influence.

And why would you say he's had any affect on Rinomhota, who was a good prospect long before he arrived.


In all your years of watching football have you never noticed how experienced players read the game so well. Making up for the loss of pace etc. Yet manage to be in the right place at the right time, effortlessly. Good talent learns from those around them. Players have voices.


Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8200
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Tiago llori

by Hound » 13 Jan 2019 21:27

But I don’t think O Shea is

He just seems like an aging CB to me - doesn’t bring anything other than winning a few headers and a complete lack of pace

Really don’t want to see him back in the side. And going back to the OP I’m pretty sure Gomes is determined to keep Ilori in it

URZZZZ
Member
Posts: 287
Joined: 20 Apr 2013 18:30

Re: Tiago llori

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2019 21:35

Hound wrote:But I don’t think O Shea is

He just seems like an aging CB to me - doesn’t bring anything other than winning a few headers and a complete lack of pace

Really don’t want to see him back in the side. And going back to the OP I’m pretty sure Gomes is determined to keep Ilori in it


I think he works better against more direct teams so he was obviously going to struggle against Swansea who play quick football between the lines. Nice to see us finally keep a clean sheet without him yesterday though :wink:

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5342
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Tiago llori

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2019 21:58

Lower West wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
Lower West wrote:
A major influence on the younger players such as Rinomhota. The experience he brings shouldn't be underestimated. Clement identified the lack of character in the squad towards the end of last season. Hence at the time a throwaway signing. Suspect he offers a lot on the training ground as well and in the dressing room.

I don't think that's anything but wild speculation. If O'Shea was such a positive influence surely we'd see Blackett, Ilori and co play smarter and make fewer mistakes. This is a player you is on target for his third relegation in a row in teams that are a total shambles and just can't defend. How does that suggest he's a good influence.

And why would you say he's had any affect on Rinomhota, who was a good prospect long before he arrived.


In all your years of watching football have you never noticed how experienced players read the game so well. Making up for the loss of pace etc. Yet manage to be in the right place at the right time, effortlessly. Good talent learns from those around them. Players have voices.


Yes. Griffin was particularly good at that. But reading the game well to cover your weaknesses isn't the same as being a positive influence and I didn't see a lot of it from O'Shea when he's played in any case.

I mean this is a player who coped with his complete lack of pace by getting himself sent off and suspended.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 15:29

Re: Tiago llori

by Theroyalbox » 14 Jan 2019 10:06

Am I the only one who thinks illori is a decent CB and worth more than £3 million...?

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8200
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Tiago llori

by Hound » 14 Jan 2019 10:25

Theroyalbox wrote:Am I the only one who thinks illori is a decent CB and worth more than £3 million...?


I think he is potentially worth more than 3m. too many mistakes recently have certainly hit his value. He has tons of ability if he could concentrate better and make better decisions at times.

I'd personally like him to stay, but can understand why we'd cash in

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6337
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Tiago llori

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2019 10:26

Hound wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:Am I the only one who thinks illori is a decent CB and worth more than £3 million...?


I think he is potentially worth more than 3m. too many mistakes recently have certainly hit his value. He has tons of ability if he could concentrate better and make better decisions at times.

I'd personally like him to stay, but can understand why we'd cash in


He'd look pretty much international class in a slower league I feel. In Spain or Portugal he'd get a lot more time on the ball and would make far less mistakes because he'd hardly ever be pressed. I don't think the Championship suits his game at all.

User avatar
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 22954
Joined: 06 Jul 2015 00:19
Location: JAPAN! fcuk you all.

Re: Tiago llori

by Maneki Neko » 14 Jan 2019 11:09

Theroyalbox wrote:Am I the only one who thinks illori is a decent CB and worth more than £3 million...?


nope. I think Illori agrees with you

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

It is currently 19 Jan 2019 18:54