What do you think of the owners? Poll

What are your feelings towards the owners currently?

delighted with them
7%
happy with them
48%
ambivalent
25%
Pissed off with them
8%
Leave now
12%

Total votes: 73
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: What do you think of the owners? Poll

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Sep 2021 16:49

windermereROYAL
Lower West
windermereROYAL How about a poll of where would we be without them? I`ll wait.

The bigger question is now where we are heading. As during their tenure they have proved themselves not to be good custodians of a community asset. We have gone backwards not forwards.

You didn`t answer the question, the previous two owners were a Russian that didn`t have a pot to piss in and a couple of Thais that were more interested in the land (and a song that made us a laughing stock)
Dai Yonnge has ploughed a fortune into this club, he`s built a state of the art training complex, of course he`s made some bad decisions by spending too much thus incurring big losses but the same could be said of John Madejski for selling to the proceeding frauds.

I`ll ask again, where would we be now if the Chinese hadn`t bought the club?

In less debt, probably still owning our own stadium. Maybe still in the Championship.

Thais >>>>> than Yongge

They actually took steps to get us out of the financial blackhole Zingaravich put us in, and are the ones who created the plans for the training ground. Yongge just put us straight back in the mire. At least the Russian got us promoted.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 26 Sep 2021 21:48

Please just go now.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 26 Sep 2021 21:51

windermereROYAL I`m astounded that there are 7 who voted leave now, f/king good idea, administration and a distinct possibity of us going out of business altogether.

Elm Park Royals!.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Sep 2021 21:53

Loaded, heart in right place but don't understand football. I'm willing to give them a chance to learn. QPR seem to be run on a more even keel under Fernandez now; maybe we're just a bit behind in terms of learning.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Sep 2021 22:04

Brogue
Lower West
Brogue not sure I get the lack of assets thing. Dai owns them, doesn't he? why would he sell the club and keep the assets? You couldn't build anything else on the land on where the stadium is or the training ground. So what would he do with them? keep them and get the club to pay him rent? A billionaire. Seems a bit small fry to me, i mean how much could he get back on rent for the two? he would surely be better off in including them in the sale.

Dai Yongge is no different to Jack Ma. The party could remove him at a stroke......... Not as if he is rumour free personally. Makes you wonder if his movements are now restricted. Given the absence of any visibility.

Yeah but isn’t the money here in the uk with his sister who has British residency? I may be completely wrong don’t quote me on that :lol:

More than just residency. She was married to an Englishman for 20 years and has British citizenship. The Daily Mail even did a puff piece on her labelling her a British success story as a young, female self made billionaire.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 26 Sep 2021 22:38

I just wish we had more sustainable finances, although this league is hard to be sustainable in the first place so I guess I can forgive the ambition to try compete financially with those relegated sides. Our best window in years came from one of the strictest embargo’s we’ve had due to FFP. You don’t have to spend loads of money to get good players if the recruitment is good, it’s a perfect compliment to having an excellent academy. Get a director that matches this sort of philosophy we’re laughing.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Sep 2021 22:46

TiagoIlori I just wish we had more sustainable finances, although this league is hard to be sustainable in the first place so I guess I can forgive the ambition to try compete financially with those relegated sides. Our best window in years came from one of the strictest embargo’s we’ve had due to FFP. You don’t have to spend loads of money to get good players if the recruitment is good, it’s a perfect compliment to having an excellent academy. Get a director that matches this sort of philosophy we’re laughing.

Our best transfer windows in recent times were summer16, January 19 and summer 21 where we spent diddly squat but brought in a mix of excellent free and loan signings, As you say we don’t need to throw money at this if you do the groundwork rather than take a scatter gun approach.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Sep 2021 23:54

Zip
TiagoIlori I just wish we had more sustainable finances, although this league is hard to be sustainable in the first place so I guess I can forgive the ambition to try compete financially with those relegated sides. Our best window in years came from one of the strictest embargo’s we’ve had due to FFP. You don’t have to spend loads of money to get good players if the recruitment is good, it’s a perfect compliment to having an excellent academy. Get a director that matches this sort of philosophy we’re laughing.

Our best transfer windows in recent times were summer16, January 19 and summer 21 where we spent diddly squat but brought in a mix of excellent free and loan signings, As you say we don’t need to throw money at this if you do the groundwork rather than take a scatter gun approach.

Loan signings result in the team always being in transition. How many quality footballers no longer play week in week out football. Suspect it's why the standard in the Championship is deteriorating season by season. Baba Rahman was signed by Chelsea in 2015 for £14 million. Since then he's made around 60 appearances for Chelsea and while out on loan. That's crazy for a guy who is now 27 and had the best part of his playing career.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Sep 2021 07:45

Lower West
Zip

Loan signings result in the team always being in transition. How many quality footballers no longer play week in week out football. Suspect it's why the standard in the Championship is deteriorating season by season. Baba Rahman was signed by Chelsea in 2015 for £14 million. Since then he's made around 60 appearances for Chelsea and while out on loan. That's crazy for a guy who is now 27 and had the best part of his playing career.

That’s the downside of what we have done although some of those loanees do become permanents, ie Ovie.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Sep 2021 08:29

Lower West
Zip

Can’t agree with that at all. Whenever I see highlights from past matches I’m struck by the number of misplaced passes and the poor defensive organisation. We also see more and more internationals playing at this level. Look at players like Wilson, Brooks, Mitrovic, Gibbs-White, Wallace, Mowatt, Sibley, Norwood… Even just looking at Reading, I honestly think Joao is the best striker we’ve ever had and Swift is better than Sidwell or Harper, albeit with a different set of strengths. Someone like Drinkwater would never have ended up at this level ten years ago.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2021 12:35

SCIAG
Lower West
Zip

Can’t agree with that at all. Whenever I see highlights from past matches I’m struck by the number of misplaced passes and the poor defensive organisation. We also see more and more internationals playing at this level. Look at players like Wilson, Brooks, Mitrovic, Gibbs-White, Wallace, Mowatt, Sibley, Norwood… Even just looking at Reading, I honestly think Joao is the best striker we’ve ever had and Swift is better than Sidwell or Harper, albeit with a different set of strengths. Someone like Drinkwater would never have ended up at this level ten years ago.

Swift is yet to prove himself in the PL. Joao the same.

Kitson, for example, did the business every year he was here as a perm signing.

I reckon you could find some mindblowing players in brief Chump stints 10 or 20 years ago if you looked. 10 really isn't long ago.

I think technical skills are much higher, but that don't necessarily make a better player.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Sep 2021 22:39

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG
Lower West

I reckon you could find some mindblowing players in brief Chump stints 10 or 20 years ago if you looked. 10 really isn't long ago.

I think technical skills are much higher, but that don't necessarily make a better player.

Kitson scored 15 in 81 in the PL, so not sure he really proved himself there either! Had half a season for us where he looked like our best but the goals dried up after the Spurs 6-4.

I think the main advance is tactical/mental rather than technical. Technical skills have improved (particularly for defensive players) but these days there is better organisation, pressing, passing, more interchanges. Players like Norwood and Drinkwater are technically good yes, but they can also sit and control a game. Not so long ago they wouldn’t have been appreciated because tactically everyone used a 4-4-2 and needed their midfielders to run all over the place. Now you see more kinds of players and more playing styles flourishing than you did back then.

Yeah, ten years ago you had people like Gylfi and Hoolahan, but I think Swift’s got more strings to his bow than they did, there are far more roles he can fill for the team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2021 23:10

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal
SCIAG Can’t agree with that at all. Whenever I see highlights from past matches I’m struck by the number of misplaced passes and the poor defensive organisation. We also see more and more internationals playing at this level. Look at players like Wilson, Brooks, Mitrovic, Gibbs-White, Wallace, Mowatt, Sibley, Norwood… Even just looking at Reading, I honestly think Joao is the best striker we’ve ever had and Swift is better than Sidwell or Harper, albeit with a different set of strengths. Someone like Drinkwater would never have ended up at this level ten years ago.

Kitson scored 15 in 81 in the PL, so not sure he really proved himself there either! Had half a season for us where he looked like our best but the goals dried up after the Spurs 6-4.

I think the main advance is tactical/mental rather than technical. Technical skills have improved (particularly for defensive players) but these days there is better organisation, pressing, passing, more interchanges. Players like Norwood and Drinkwater are technically good yes, but they can also sit and control a game. Not so long ago they wouldn’t have been appreciated because tactically everyone used a 4-4-2 and needed their midfielders to run all over the place. Now you see more kinds of players and more playing styles flourishing than you did back then.

Yeah, ten years ago you had people like Gylfi and Hoolahan, but I think Swift’s got more strings to his bow than they did, there are far more roles he can fill for the team.

Kitson was a bad fit at Stoke and never fully recovered from Riggott. But he scored our first PL goal and still got a decent number the next season. Joao's had an outstanding half season. Woop.

Sigurdsson shits all over Swift.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Sep 2021 23:21

SCIAG
Lower West
Zip

I saw Darren Caskey make his debut for Spurs. All the talent but not the application. Hence why he played the majority of his career at a far lower level than he was capable of. Drinkwater obviously has had off pitch issues. Given he's on over a £100k a week. Chelsea are footing the bulk of his wages. No one else is even willing to take a chance. Ejaria reminds me of Tiago Ilori, who cost us £3.75m from Liverpool. Load of promise but ultimately a football journeyman.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Sep 2021 23:23

Ovie is still very young. Way too early to suggest he will be a football journeyman

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Sep 2021 02:19

Ovie Ejaria has hit a wall with his development and that is his maturity with the ball, as he ages I’d expect him to resolve that and become a very good perhaps premier league quality player. Fulham away was sublime from him, but we only see that sort of performance once every five games or so.

Also I think Ilori made a huge mistake going back to a big club Sporting- he made that mistake leaving them in the first place too. Was blatantly never good enough, think he knew that too. We couldn’t exactly say no to the money he offered so I’m glad he went back, but I think abroad at a smaller club he would’ve had a good career or in a three at the back system here. If he got a move to a smaller Portuguese club or someone in the Spanish second tier I think he’d have settled somewhere by now.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 28 Sep 2021 07:06

The owners gambled, in didn’t pay off yet we still remain competitive in the league - there is no reason that this team cannot push for a playoff place with this team.

Over the next couple of months we get the majority of the team back, plus with the punishment being finalised, Reading are surely negotiating allowing to offer current players contracts as well as negotiating what they can bring in.

Priorities to Xmas must be to finalise the punishment with favourable terms, offer contracts to those out in the summer that financially viable, if we cannot secure a contract for swift et al then we sell at Jan, balancing as much as we can for the next season.

The signings, bar Dann at this time, have all proved their worth. Shows what can be done on a limited budget. Another striker will give us a real outlet when Joao is injured.

Need to keep these owners sweet though, better stability and control over the teams in and outs going forward

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Nov 2021 12:00

mikey0406 The owners gambled, in didn’t pay off yet we still remain competitive in the league - there is no reason that this team cannot push for a playoff place with this team.

Over the next couple of months we get the majority of the team back, plus with the punishment being finalised, Reading are surely negotiating allowing to offer current players contracts as well as negotiating what they can bring in.

Priorities to Xmas must be to finalise the punishment with favourable terms, offer contracts to those out in the summer that financially viable, if we cannot secure a contract for swift et al then we sell at Jan, balancing as much as we can for the next season.

The signings, bar Dann at this time, have all proved their worth. Shows what can be done on a limited budget. Another striker will give us a real outlet when Joao is injured.

Need to keep these owners sweet though, better stability and control over the teams in and outs going forward

Well things seem fairly rosey with the owners currently, JLo reporting today (see below link) that Mr Dai was at the Forest game and was enjoying himself on the pitch afterwards. Strikes me he feels a bit more of a connection to the club than many perhaps give credit for and after a week with the points deduction as well.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-22228469

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Nov 2021 12:16

Sutekh
mikey0406 The owners gambled, in didn’t pay off yet we still remain competitive in the league - there is no reason that this team cannot push for a playoff place with this team.

Well things seem fairly rosey with the owners currently, JLo reporting today (see below link) that Mr Dai was at the Forest game and was enjoying himself on the pitch afterwards. Strikes me he feels a bit more of a connection to the club than many perhaps give credit for and after a week with the points deduction as well.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-22228469

Blanked Tim Dellor walking off the pitch after their schoolboy antics on the pitch. The club is simply a plaything to show off to your mates.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2021 18:38

Hey pals, look... I almost ruined the club and I still get to come and watch them and oxf*rd about without a care.