MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (a)

394 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2022 17:40

Hound With Joao, Sarr, Loum, Holmes, Fornah, Meite, TMc plus Ehib and Clarke knocking about - we should be a real threat from set pieces and crosses

Likes of Long, Yiadom, NGW, Ejaria are also either pretty tall or good in the air

Ejaria may be tall, but he's certainly not good in the air.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Aug 2022 18:22

Snowflake Royal
Hound With Joao, Sarr, Loum, Holmes, Fornah, Meite, TMc plus Ehib and Clarke knocking about - we should be a real threat from set pieces and crosses

Likes of Long, Yiadom, NGW, Ejaria are also either pretty tall or good in the air

I’d say either. He’s not bad in the air anyway. Not great but ok

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Aug 2022 19:53

Hound
Snowflake Royal

I’d say either. He’s not bad in the air anyway. Not great but ok

His stats are better than I'd thought they'd be, at distinctly average.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Aug 2022 22:26

Noticed a couple of the Rotherham players went of injured tonight - Washington and their full back.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Aug 2022 10:18

anyone else think this is a must win game? crazy after only two league games so far, but i feel we will be scrapping around for every point this season it's imperative we take points off those teams who are going to be in and around us. Its certainly a must not lose, but id go as far as saying must win at all costs.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Aug 2022 10:24

Brogue anyone else think this is a must win game? crazy after only two league games so far, but i feel we will be scrapping around for every point this season it's imperative we take points off those teams who are going to be in and around us. Its certainly a must not lose, but id go as far as saying must win at all costs.

Losing would be pretty shit, but I don't think we're at a must win stage just yet.

If this game was at home and we didn't pick up all 3 points, I would be quite worried, but an away fixture, this early in the season - I think a point wouldn't be disastrous.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Aug 2022 10:36

Brogue anyone else think this is a must win game? crazy after only two league games so far, but i feel we will be scrapping around for every point this season it's imperative we take points off those teams who are going to be in and around us. Its certainly a must not lose, but id go as far as saying must win at all costs.

I'd say it's not because it's too early in the season. I understand the point, as both teams are expected to be down near the bottom this season, but it's too early to tell if we will be (or indeed if Rotherham will be).

As of this weekend, it's just another game for me that I'd want us to take at least a point from and I'll be happy. These first half a dozen games are important to get a goods points tally on the board to set us up nicely for the season. If we can have, say, 7 points minimum by game 6, then that's a decent starting point.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Aug 2022 11:48

Hendo

Losing would be pretty shit, but I don't think we're at a must win stage just yet.

If this game was at home and we didn't pick up all 3 points, I would be quite worried, but an away fixture, this early in the season - I think a point wouldn't be disastrous.

Of course it isn’t a must win or even a must not lose - 2 games into the seaosn when we’ve won one already

Be a good one to win of course but that’s about it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Aug 2022 13:18

It's not must win by any means. You can't have must win games in the first half of the season. There's far too much to go.

What it is, is important in setting the tone for the season ahead.

Lose and it's a worrying sign of where we'll be (struggling) to compete (the bottom).

Draw and its not very informative, but maybe leabing towards lower middling

Win and we're actually starting fairly well (in a relatively kind opening) and are starting to look like maybe a nice quiet season of mid-table mediocrity.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Aug 2022 17:58

Win this match and can see us sitting 3rd or 4th! URZ.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Aug 2022 18:22

I'd argue that the performance is more important than the result.

On any day, you can win or lose a game and it not be a reflection of your long term success. That's just how football goes, individuals results involve a good chunk of chance.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Aug 2022 19:14

FIFA simulation has us down for a 0-2 win. I'm going with that.
I think Loum is gonna make a huge difference.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Aug 2022 20:27

Whatever the outcome no more injuries please"

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Aug 2022 22:51

Lets hope Steve Martin has his eye sight in place for this one after not giving 3 stonewall penalties against Hull last season.

A point would be ok, win would be great. A loss and I'll be worried.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Aug 2022 09:49

Royal_jimmy Lets hope Steve Martin has his eye sight in place for this one after not giving 3 stonewall penalties against Hull last season.

I'll only be worried by a loss if we are shocking with it.

The first thing I would like to see is us not conceding in the first 15 mins - in the 3 games this season we've conceded first in each after 4,9 and 10 mins. That needs to stop quickly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Aug 2022 09:56

Honestly I’m not particularly worried even if we’re diabolical and lose 3-0 at this stage. Will be if we get more injuries though

Loads of the season to to, Loum and Sarr need time to get up to speed. Got the likes of Meite, Joao and Ejaria to return at some point soonish

Pretty sure we’ll be absolutely fine - if - and this is a massive if - we ca. actually keep players fit

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Aug 2022 10:07

Stranded
Royal_jimmy Lets hope Steve Martin has his eye sight in place for this one after not giving 3 stonewall penalties against Hull last season.

I'll only be worried by a loss if we are shocking with it.

The first thing I would like to see is us not conceding in the first 15 mins - in the 3 games this season we've conceded first in each after 4,9 and 10 mins. That needs to stop quickly.

Yeah agree we need to start quicker, we can't keep chasing games each week because, as our results so far show, we won't be winning that often otherwise.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Aug 2022 15:37

Rotherham looking to sign Watford striker Ashley Fletcher but unlikely to happen in time for the Reading game (if it goes ahead at all).

Conor Washington and Peter Kioso will have late fitness tests before the game while Tom Eaves (calf) and Joshua Kayode (groin) are both definitely out.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Aug 2022 15:48

So I guess for tomorrow we are looking at something like:

Lumley

Yiadom
Holmes
McIntyre

Hoilett
Hendrick
Loum
Guinness-Walker

Ince
Camara

Long

Unless Ince decides to push Loum in to defence, allow Yiadom to fo RWB and Hoilett move up to replace Ejaria. Fornah and Hutchinson as senior outfield options on the bench.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Aug 2022 16:51

I struggle to see Ince trusting Camara with a start after leaving him in the cold.

I think we'll see Abrefa, who he has been using semi regularly, come in at RWB and Hoilett move to LF

394 posts