.......Holmes, Hutchinson, McIntyre
Hoilett.... Laurent, Rhinomota..........NGW
...........................Swift
.................Ince.. Joao

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2022 11:20

Christ you're pathetic Paul. Try growing up.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Oct 2022 11:26

I think if it comes down to a midfield battle, I'd be relatively confident we can make it a difficult game for them in there with Ince who will chase like mad, Hendrick can keep things ticking over and if Loum can rediscover his early days form and be sharp then we could match them up in that area.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Oct 2022 11:30

YorkshireRoyal99 I think if it comes down to a midfield battle, I'd be relatively confident we can make it a difficult game for them in there with Ince who will chase like mad, Hendrick can keep things ticking over and if Loum can rediscover his early days form and be sharp then we could match them up in that area.

Yeah i agree - i expect the team to be very different again and Loum and Fornah will be back in.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Oct 2022 11:46

Snowflake Royal
Hound If we can stay in the game then I always fancy us from set pieces

Key is not to give away silly goals early on. Would happily take 0-0 at ht

Oh yeah, keep it even and we're in with a shout. Set piece or break.

We just let ourselves be dominated so much and be under so much pressure, with Nowich's available strikeforce, I'm expecting another Sheff Utd.

Agreed, Sunderland picked us out at ease with clever passes through the lines and with Norwich playing in a fairly similar manner, will be the same all over if we don’t adjust

Am a fan of two up top but would bring Meite in for Joao to engage higher up the pitch - shame Long isn’t available with one of Loum/Fornah replacing Yiadom

Important thing is if we do concede an early goal, to make sure we stay in the game and stop the quick fire goals in quick succession

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Oct 2022 23:22

This is a winnable game. Norwich are good but aren't invincible. If we play like we did vs Blackburn then we'll win, below that standard and we won't. Have to play better than we did on Saturday and ensure our final ball is better. Norwich are clinical so we'll need to be clinical ourselves.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Oct 2022 23:24

YorkshireRoyal99 Seems likely, Joao and Carroll worked well and will cause issues for Norwich if we can play to their strengths really. Don't think you can change too much (that isn't enforced) from yesterday. Maybe Loum might come into the middle, I want to see him displaying his (very) early season form and get a bit of consistency back in his game.

I don't think they were a balanced forward pair. Got away with it Saturday Vs a poor Huddersfield

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Oct 2022 23:34

On the contrary I think sticking with Joao and Carroll could see them bullying many champ defences. Meite is the perfect bench impact option to bring on when there’s tired legs.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Oct 2022 08:53

Royal_jimmy
YorkshireRoyal99 Seems likely, Joao and Carroll worked well and will cause issues for Norwich if we can play to their strengths really. Don't think you can change too much (that isn't enforced) from yesterday. Maybe Loum might come into the middle, I want to see him displaying his (very) early season form and get a bit of consistency back in his game.

I don't think they were a balanced forward pair. Got away with it Saturday Vs a poor Huddersfield

They didn't link with each other but players around them are capable of playing off both of them and they are both big targets to hit, particularly Carroll out of the two and they will occupy a teams back line that's for sure and it can allow runners from midfield.

For example, look at our 2nd goal on Saturday where we had a midfielder break from the wrong side of Huddersfield's midfield but the CB's couldn't come and engage as it left us with an overload. (Could partially blame the full back for being wider there but he was occupied anyway).

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 04 Oct 2022 10:45

Memo to self-don't get carried away.
Saturday was great but these next 2 games will surely be harder, however if we pick up a point or more the position will still be very healthy.

It seems as though Norwich are not as strong at this level as in previous years so , with our confidence flying high, we do have a real chance tonight IMHO.
I haven't read that memo to self written so many times in the past but really should have done. :wink:

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Oct 2022 11:54

From what I saw on saturday I cant see a reason why these 2 cant work as a pair, definitely one to watch, Carroll and Joao are both clever enough to figure out a understanding. Just need a CM to step higher up centrally to win the 2nd balls. This will come as games go by.
Luckily first game with Carroll and Joao up top was against a deflated Hudders, a better team like Norwich would have mopped up everything with ease from those 2.

I have said this so many times - Joao is not a target man and should never be used as one. Play it into his chest or feet. He will either draw a foul or lay it off. He wins very little in the air.

I am back to the feeling of; if we walk away with no more injuries I would be happy. If we dont lose by more than 2 goals I would also be ok, the bigger picture is they are a team challenging for promotion we are not.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Oct 2022 12:54

Thought there were signs of Joao getting back to near his best on Saturday. Was linking up play nicely, but yes utterly pointless hitting long balls to his head. Literally didn’t win a header

Bit weird this being 3rd vs 2nd and me having zero expectation of anything other than a comfortable defeat. Strange season this

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 Oct 2022 13:26

Hound Thought there were signs of Joao getting back to near his best on Saturday. Was linking up play nicely, but yes utterly pointless hitting long balls to his head. Literally didn’t win a header

Bit weird this being 3rd vs 2nd and me having zero expectation of anything other than a comfortable defeat. Strange season this

We are due our monthly heavy defeat, horrible feeling that might be coming this evening.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Oct 2022 14:12

NathStPaul
Hound Thought there were signs of Joao getting back to near his best on Saturday. Was linking up play nicely, but yes utterly pointless hitting long balls to his head. Literally didn’t win a header

We are due our monthly heavy defeat, horrible feeling that might be coming this evening.

100%

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Oct 2022 14:13

I think we'll surprise a few people tonight - Norwich on the sort of run that has to end at some point and we are pretty confident at home. 2-1 to us which we'll follow up with a tame 3-0 defeat on Friday.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Oct 2022 14:21

Always possible as well

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Oct 2022 14:39

Joao is probably due a goal this week. It's not that often he goes 4/5 without scoring.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Oct 2022 15:01

This on telly?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 04 Oct 2022 15:02

Winston Biscuit This on telly?

Think it is on one of those Sky Sports channels that nobody ever watches, Arena or something like that.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Oct 2022 15:09

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit This on telly?

Think it is on one of those Sky Sports channels that nobody ever watches, Arena or something like that.

Sky Sports Kabadi

187 posts