Mcd says we haven't got any cash....

723 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Mcd says we haven't got any cash....

by sandman » 10 Aug 2010 20:06

If only we spent money the way Portsmouth did now there is a well run club. Damn you Madejski damn you to hell ya B@stard.

A.Mong, Reading

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 10 Aug 2010 20:08

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe The real question is why has no one come in to take the club off him.

:idea:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 10 Aug 2010 20:14

Interesting one that Arch, many clubs are linked with take overs, some good the majority not good, but for a club whose owner continually bleats on about wanting to sell, there does seem to be very few willing to make an offer ?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Aug 2010 20:14

sandman If only we spent money the way Portsmouth did now there is a well run club. Damn you Madejski damn you to hell ya B@stard.

A.Mong, Reading

There is always people like you who take it to the extreme with awful comparisons.

This is the new " doing a leeds or bradford" :lol: :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Aug 2010 20:22

More likely that Frank fickle's of hob nob are at it again. I'm not being serious just going to the opposite extreme.
Last edited by sandman on 10 Aug 2010 20:48, edited 2 times in total.

North Eaat royal
Location: Part of that defence that didn't turn up after 2.45 on Sunday

by North Eaat royal » 10 Aug 2010 20:32

i still find it funny that some of you thought Sir Tightness himself would spend some money. Let's be honest the best we can hope for is an emergency loan deal.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Aug 2010 20:40

sandman If only we spent any money on players whatsoever

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2010 20:40

NR_Royal oxf*rd Madejski, I'm sure we could at least sign Zurab if he wasn't such a oxf*rd tightarse.

I understand we have to be responsible with the cash, but surely in the best interest of the club we really need a defender. *explodes*

Not really, we *should* stay up without one, we've a fairly small chance of going up even with Zurab. So the best long term interests of the club is to play it safe financially for now.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 10 Aug 2010 20:42

I'll just put this here;

If anyone comes in for Long we will get shot of him in a heart beat. He is the last of the squad on inflated wages that the club can't afford and they are desperate to get that amount of the books. Don't be suprised if he is one of the ones out the door before deadline day.

That's on good authority.

My own impression is that we will also see Gylfi leave before the end of August.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 10 Aug 2010 20:53

The most annoying thing is that we NEED another CB because it is the one position where we are seriously short on options. We're not talking about spending a fortune on the possibility of gaining promotion but making sure we've got adequate cover in defence for what is a very long season. I think we were lucky last season to not have that many injuries and we also had cover, now we have less cover and we are already being hit with injuries which could seriously cost us points all because we were too tight to make sure we had enough cover in all positions.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2010 20:56

Ups and Downs I'll just put this here;

If anyone comes in for Long we will get shot of him in a heart beat. He is the last of the squad on inflated wages that the club can't afford and they are desperate to get that amount of the books. Don't be suprised if he is one of the ones out the door before deadline day.

That's on good authority.

My own impression is that we will also see Gylfi leave before the end of August.

I'd be delighted to see Long go for decent money. I don't think we'd miss him a great deal and it might just open the door for another striker.

My positivity and blind optimism tells me Gylfi is with us 'til January at least. Although him going might force us to play two strikers again, which wouldn't be awful.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 10 Aug 2010 21:06

The Sig will stay with us until next summer because he said he wants to get us bk into the premiershrip so surely that means if we dont get into the prem this year then thats when he will go.
With Long i'd rather him stay for the moment because if we sill him we wont buy anyway which would leave us with Chutch,Rasiak,Hunt that is simply not good for a team like us pushing for atleast play-offs.
Personally i think that may mean McAnuff leaves which will leave us light on the wing.
How about Bobby Convey for a return :wink:

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 10 Aug 2010 21:25

sandman If only we spent money the way Portsmouth did now there is a well run club. Damn you Madejski damn you to hell ya B@stard.

A.Mong, Reading

Wondered how long it would be before Madesjski got his hourly bollocking from the a-holes who know oh-so much about running a business and/or a footie club... Until you have invested millions, give it a rest its becomning just a tad tiresome. Still; I dunno why I am staning up for him, I don't think he gets upset over the comments on here...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Aug 2010 21:50

Perhaps if the daft old coot stopped spouting BR style BS, like being determined to reach the Premier League, and instead preached caution and consolidation, he would not get the stick and abuse that he gets on here. If BMcD manages to keep us in the Championship, he will have done a brilliant job.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Aug 2010 21:55

Terminal Boardom Perhaps if the daft old coot stopped spouting BR style BS, like being determined to reach the Premier League, and instead preached caution and consolidation, he would not get the stick and abuse that he gets on here. If BMcD manages to keep us in the Championship, he will have done a brilliant job.

He does he talks about cutting the cloth and he gets crucified for it. He can't win.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 10 Aug 2010 22:03

A.Mong, Reading

TBF, Portsmouth business model gave them a plethora of internationals, an F A Cup win, a second cup final and european football, after which they crashed and were left in he championship with a threadbare squad.

Reading's model brought relegation and a few years in the championship culminating this season with us still in the championship and with a threadbare squad.

A cynic could ask which is the more successful model.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Aug 2010 22:05

sandman
Terminal Boardom Perhaps if the daft old coot stopped spouting BR style BS, like being determined to reach the Premier League, and instead preached caution and consolidation, he would not get the stick and abuse that he gets on here. If BMcD manages to keep us in the Championship, he will have done a brilliant job.

He does he talks about cutting the cloth and he gets crucified for it. He can't win.

He'd win a bit more if he spent any of the money when we got in the Premiership, hadn't prattled on about having to 'cut our cloth' when we spent f*ck all anyway and he pocketed it instead. Our wages will be amongst the lowest in the league with all the youngsters we have in our first team, yet we supposedly have nothing to spend despite raking in over £15 million in transfers since we went down, plus parachute payments, plus the money we saved by spending next to nothing when we went up...and that's before you even get to the amount of players we've released and savings we've made on coaching staff. People jumping to Madejski's defence are shit at maths.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Aug 2010 22:06

I just find it annoying that around 2 sides a day in the championship are getting young prem players in on loan with the liklihood the prem club are picking up most of the wages and we are sitting back doing nothing when on saturday we will have a donkey and someone playing out of position against a side in the prem last year who still by the way have decent attacking players.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 10 Aug 2010 22:13

Royals-lad14 The Sig will stay with us until next summer because he said he wants to get us bk into the premiershrip so surely that means if we dont get into the prem this year then thats when he will go.
With Long i'd rather him stay for the moment because if we sill him we wont buy anyway which would leave us with Chutch,Rasiak,Hunt that is simply not good for a team like us pushing for atleast play-offs.
Personally i think that may mean McAnuff leaves which will leave us light on the wing.
How about Bobby Convey for a return :wink:

Convey should never have left. He only left because Stephen Hunt was in good form.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Aug 2010 22:20

Schards#2
TBF, Portsmouth business model gave them a plethora of internationals, an F A Cup win, a second cup final and european football, after which they crashed and were left in he championship with a threadbare squad.

Reading's model brought relegation and a few years in the championship culminating this season with us still in the championship and with a threadbare squad.

A cynic could ask which is the more successful model.

Funny, but true. Who cares about morale high ground when you reap those rewards.

Royalee He'd win a bit more if he spent any of the money when we got in the Premiership, hadn't prattled on about having to 'cut our cloth' when we spent f*ck all anyway and he pocketed it instead. Our wages will be amongst the lowest in the league with all the youngsters we have in our first team, yet we supposedly have nothing to spend despite raking in over £15 million in transfers since we went down, plus parachute payments, plus the money we saved by spending next to nothing when we went up...and that's before you even get to the amount of players we've released and savings we've made on coaching staff. People jumping to Madejski's defence are shit at maths.

+1, being kind with only the 15 million part too. It was more like 20 million on players sold.

723 posts