Old Reading Footage on VHS/film/Youtube

610 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Old Reading Footage on VHS

by LoyalRoyalFan » 02 Dec 2010 18:25

If you didn't get my message strap, thanks again.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 02 Dec 2010 20:21

strap
floyd__streete
Tony Le Mesmer Ive got quite a bit of footage taped of TV an VHA tapes from the early 90s

I taped most of the Reading goals off Coasts to Coast and the like from 1991-95, (with added extras from the Goldstone and The Dell!).

I want to upload this to DVD, or a format where i can upload to my PC. Any advice? I know someone on here has uploaded footage from the record breaking Royals video.

the 91-93 period if great viewing as the club didnt release end of season videos for that period. Some great footage of Slough away in 91 and Senior's last game in 92.

If you got some of this stuff up on to DVD and subsequently made a copy for me I would reward you very handsomely indeed. Failing that get it on You Tube, call it public service broadcasting. This sounds like a job for Strap.

Happy to help if I can. I am trying to do some stuff for LoyalRoyalFan, but am well behind as I am currently trawling through half a dozen tapes given to me by Victor Meldrew. Great fun wading through grainy old VHS, but it is easy to get sidetracked!

What I should do is simply copy entire tapes (adverts, rubbish and all) and then just list what I have. I think I'm trying to be too clever in actually editing out the non-RFC bits. Actually, some of the old adverts and pundits comments are hilarious!! Any thoughts?

I am happy to start a HNA collection of DVDs and make them available for Nobbers, but would be nervous about copyright infringement. Any bright legal minds out there able to put my mind at rest re. this sort of thing? Obviously I wouldn't charge for the content, maybe just the cost of blank DVD and postage, but I wouldn't want to end up in front of the beak for providing a public service!!

LoyalRoyalFan and VictorMeldrew - if you are reading this, I AM working on your stuff! Honest!

Did you mange to do anything with that tape I sent you a few years back strap ?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 02 Dec 2010 20:29

Mid Sussex Royal I've got the old royals gems tapes - from 1984/85 onwards.

There must be some older tapes out there somewhere - we were on the Big Match once or twice a season (Southern TV version) as the main game before the club produced the royal gems tapes - even when in div 4 in the 1970's.

I can remember our centenary game v Gillingham being on in 1971

I contacted meridian but they never came back to me.

I remember a 5-1 win over Nothampton the 78-79 title winning season was coverd by Southern with David Bobin doing the commentry being on tv. Also the Preston game which we lost 2-3 with the lowest ever EP crowd was also coverd by Southern. Would love to see those 2 again even just for the footage of EP.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 02 Dec 2010 20:33

Quality stuff. Love looking back at some of the old footage. Had a sigh on seeing Mr Forster score a goal against Grimsby thinking how I would love to have him at this club right now if he was that age.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Dec 2010 20:50

strap Hi Loyal Royal Fan - just a quick bump to let you know the following are now up on YouTube as requested. I will trawl through you rlatest list and see what I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62TtjMsWYds = Forest 04-01-17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMtVB3oJsE = Grimsby 02-10-05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THptsW9pouQ = Swindon 01-03-27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDVXTFBaII = Wycombe 02-02-26

YouTube have upped the max vid time to 15mins per rip so I am in the process of uploading RFC v The Sham 03-04-04.

I think you will like this one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jRz0psbcE

Ahh goalscoring centre forwards, used to be good didn't it? I went to all of those games. Directly behind the hilarious goal at Grimsby after 2 excellent goals. Whitehead's best ever game for RFC at Swindon in a smash and grab win, got pissed on. Wycombe was one of RFC's last win of the season that year i think. Had a laod of winnable games left, drew the lot.

West Ham was a great day, Pards murked funny listening back to the post match interviews where COppell goes on about Kitson what he's got and great potential hope he fulfils it, certainly did :mrgreen:
Last edited by Alan Partridge on 02 Dec 2010 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 02 Dec 2010 20:52

Tamworth_Royal Did you mange to do anything with that tape I sent you a few years back strap ?

Would you believe it - yes, I made a start at trying to edit out the ads and non RFC stuff, but have moved house twice since we swapped tapes, and my original VHS>DVD hardware wasa crap anyway, so I stopped working on it. Now I have a propoer set able to easily cope with the data, I have to dig out the tapes again. They are in a box of general RFC stuff that I hope is in the loft - so will make a point of haivng a rumage around for them this w/e. I've also got some of my old tapes in the same box - Maidstone v Reading FAC at Dartford's old ground included. Yes, really must dig those out ...

Hopefully be able to get them back to you soon. You still enjoying my Tranmere Play-off semi-final tape!? Must be work out by now!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Dec 2010 20:59

Alan Partridge Wycombe was one of RFC's last win of the season that year i think. Had a laod of winnable games left, drew the lot.

Penultimate win - the last one being Chesterfield away in mid-March.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Dec 2010 21:09

T.R.O.L.I.
Alan Partridge Wycombe was one of RFC's last win of the season that year i think. Had a laod of winnable games left, drew the lot.

Went to that en all, got a paROFLking ticket. Forster belter.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 02 Dec 2010 21:10

Yeah, I was at that Swindon game. Crowd went nuts when that goal went in!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Dec 2010 21:13

strap
Nick Shorey my Lord! Fantastic. That West Ham game was a cracker. Good old Repka :lol:

This one's even better - check out 6 mins - the look on the face of the thieving bastard is fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlkQEK4E9-k

Amazign to think they had Carlos Tevesz on the bench that day. His pose was exactly the same as last night at Eastlands - only the eyes visible.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Dec 2010 21:34

Maguire
strap
Nick Shorey my Lord! Fantastic. That West Ham game was a cracker. Good old Repka :lol:

This one's even better - check out 6 mins - the look on the face of the thieving bastard is fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlkQEK4E9-k

Amazign to think they had Carlos Tevesz on the bench that day. His pose was exactly the same as last night at Eastlands - only the eyes visible.

Immense. Reading could have had 10 that day. West Ham put in the worst performance i've ever seen from a professional football side but even so Reading were awesome that day. goals from all over the park, forget just how good that 4th goal was with Shorey waltzing through.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 02 Dec 2010 21:49

Alan Partridge forget just how good that 4th goal was with Shorey waltzing through.

Agreed, if that had been Messi people would have been drooling!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Dec 2010 21:52

1871 Royal
Alan Partridge forget just how good that 4th goal was with Shorey waltzing through.

If it had been Messi, he'd have shot with his right foot instead of passing to Harper.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Dec 2010 22:14

Row Z Royal
1871 Royal

If it had been Messi, he'd have shot with his right foot instead of passing to Harper.

Right decision to pass, it went in.

Otherwise he might have had Snowball on his case for being 'wasteful' if he dragged a shot wide :wink:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Dec 2010 22:23

Alan Partridge
T.R.O.L.I.

Went to that en all, got a paROFLking ticket. Forster belter.

Went to every game from Cambridge (the game after Wycombe) to the end of the season - some cracking away trips (despite the results) with Mr Angry and Skyline:

Cambridge (2-2) - Kitson flicking the v's
Chesterfield (2-0) - don't remember too much about the game other than thinking how much of a dump Saltergate was
Bristol City (3-3) - 3-2 up after 15 mins, should have won 4-3. The day the Queen Mum died "God rest her soul" :lol:
Tranmere (2-2) - 2-0 down back to 2-2 - la la la Rougier! - preceeded by an afternoon and evening on the sauce in Chester the night before
And obviously Brentford (1-1)

Happy days!!!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Dec 2010 22:33

strap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jRz0psbcE

Gr8 day this. Martin 'Mad Dog' Allen bought myself and Andy RFC a pint in the Golden Cross after the game, legend. That evening we (we being Andy RFC and I, not Mad Dog and I) got smashed at a cracking house party where Compo's Hat came dressed as Freddie Mercury in the I Want To Break Free video :lol:

Additional: LOL @ 'Judus' :roll: :lol:. And watching those interviews just brings home what a complete d*ck ALOLan PaROFLdew is.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2010 22:44

strap Hi Loyal Royal Fan - just a quick bump to let you know the following are now up on YouTube as requested. I will trawl through you rlatest list and see what I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62TtjMsWYds = Forest 04-01-17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMtVB3oJsE = Grimsby 02-10-05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THptsW9pouQ = Swindon 01-03-27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDVXTFBaII = Wycombe 02-02-26

YouTube have upped the max vid time to 15mins per rip so I am in the process of uploading RFC v The Sham 03-04-04.

I think you will like this one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jRz0psbcE

Fantastic work strap.. I remember thinking at that West Ham game I didn't care if Kitson didn't score another goal for us, he'd become a legend anyway... Didn't he get a hat-trick against them the next season at home?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 Dec 2010 23:00

floyd__streete

Gr8 day this. Martin 'Mad Dog' Allen bought myself and Andy RFC a pint in the Golden Cross after the game, legend. That evening we (we being Andy RFC and I, not Mad Dog and I) got smashed at a cracking house party where Compo's Hat came dressed as Freddie Mercury in the I Want To Break Free video :lol:

Additional: LOL @ 'Judus' :roll: :lol:. And watching those interviews just brings home what a complete d*ck ALOLan PaROFLdew is.

Yep weapon.

I've never seen Compo in proper fancy dress, i think he's still smarting over Gomezg8.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 02 Dec 2010 23:22

Alan Partridge
floyd__streete

Yep weapon.

I've never seen Compo in proper fancy dress, i think he's still smarting over Gomezg8.

:lol: Stiched20

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 03 Dec 2010 01:02

Great thread, I really enjoyed watching the older clips. Fun to see John Salako after hearing that sing song.

610 posts