QPR points deduction?

1341 posts
loyalroyaldaz

Re: QPR points deduction?

by loyalroyaldaz » 05 May 2011 17:35

Ferris
Royal Lady Less of this bant lads, Ferris - surely you'll be one of the first to hear the decision? :|

I already know the decision, but I'm not allowed to say anything.

Yeah whatever. Always easy to use that one. If you did really know then don't come on here giving it that mate, it makes you look a right tool !

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 05 May 2011 17:36

...as I said before, QPR will be docked a notional amount of points that will result in them finishing second to Norwich...so they lose the kudos of being champions, but they still go up .....they will also receive a fine and a warning about their future transfer activities..

..hence no appeal from QPR, so playoffs are as you were
Last edited by DOYLERSAROYALER on 05 May 2011 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 05 May 2011 17:37

Got a text from a mate saying QPR will get off scott free and will then sue the FA for slander etc

not sure how true this is or just wishful thinking

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 May 2011 17:38

loyalroyaldaz
Ferris
Royal Lady Less of this bant lads, Ferris - surely you'll be one of the first to hear the decision? :|

Yeah whatever. Always easy to use that one. If you did really know then don't come on here giving it that mate, it makes you look a right tool !

Much like your location then.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 05 May 2011 17:43

loyalroyaldaz
Ferris

The decision will be delayed until Monday, hth.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 05 May 2011 17:44

Dates aren't affected so as far as i'm concerned, it doesn't affect RFC really and i therefore dont give a sh!t anymore

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 05 May 2011 17:46

The decision will be delayed until Monday, hth.[/quote]

Ferris - Monday allows them (FA) to calculate the number of points they need to deduct to ensure QPR finish 2nd ....assuming that the lazy buzzards dont work at weekends of course :wink:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 05 May 2011 18:19

andrew1957 Rumour is they are getting a 5 point deduction and a fine. So no effect on the play offs.

Fits my prediction earlier in the thread that they'll deduct points but not enough to drop them out of the top two, plus a sizable fine.

Cowardly if this is the case though, but that's what many expect from the gutless FA.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 05 May 2011 18:27

Qpr owned by Briatore and Ecclestone amongst others. Both complete crooks IMHO and extremely rich. They will get off lightly.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 05 May 2011 18:42

Jackson Corner I can never gat my hear round QC's coming from the same chambers. One minute having lunch together the next slagging each other off in court. Anyone remember Petrocelli? He was a lawyer who spent his spare time building a brick wall.

He was building the family home whilst living in a caravan and solving complex cases then crushing all in court. Friday night BBC 1 9pm.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 May 2011 18:47

Neil Warnock’s side’s automatic promotion to the Premier League could be rescinded if the FA find them guilty, with a deduction in points putting them in the playoff places where they would fight it out for the last promotion spot.

The club have also been threatened by the Football League that they will not wait for their appeal to be heard, with their potential playoff opponents given a bye to the final, according to the Daily Mirror.
If not already mentioned....... :? Though it is according to.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 05 May 2011 19:01

royalexile Neil Warnock’s side’s automatic promotion to the Premier League could be rescinded if the FA find them guilty, with a deduction in points putting them in the playoff places where they would fight it out for the last promotion spot.

The club have also been threatened by the Football League that they will not wait for their appeal to be heard, with their potential playoff opponents given a bye to the final, according to the Daily Mirror.
If not already mentioned....... :? Though it is according to.

Lol. That would amuse me if QPR ended up in the play-offs and refused to take part leading to their opponents getting a bye...be nice if it was us.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 05 May 2011 19:18

I am beginning to think that the punishment could actually be draconian - either a relegation - or so many points off the total that they won't even be in the play offs.

If it was only going to be a small points deduction, a fine or even a points deduction that put them in the play offs - then there would be no reason to delay the announcement as no team would be advantaged by knowing.

This could explain the delay - as suddenly Millwall, Leeds etc can make the play offs but QPR cannot relax against Leeds - as they don’t know what their fate will be either.

Probably wishful thinking - but I really cannot see any other reason for the delay (apart from possibly complete incompetence by the FA).

peeping bernal

by peeping bernal » 05 May 2011 19:28

QPR will be crowned Champions on Saturday, have there day in the sun and then be relegated 1 division to the Championship. This will then have no effect on the play offs and give till the end of May to sort it out when the PL finish. 3rd bottom will then get a reprieve from relagation. Can then also rumble on in court until the fixtures are issued for next year.

If it was going to have any effect on the table then it would have to be announced straight after the final whistle as it would /could leave anyone in 7th place in limbo not knowing whether to let the players go off on holidays etc. Oh who is 7th and where are they Saturday? Leeds are at QPR, 2 birds with one rock. The FA would only need to be in 1 place.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 05 May 2011 20:01

My theory is this. QPR will be deducted 10 points which has already been decided. The decision not to announce is based on Health & Safety issues. If QPR lose or draw and Carfiff or Swansea get right results crowd trouble would be a major concern. Will be announced on Monday and just team change for one of the playoffs. QPR fans will have calmed down.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 05 May 2011 20:39

Has anyone mentioned that Plymouth Argyle are due a 6 figure sum if QPR are promoted to the Premier League, as a clause in Mackie's contract kicks in (I think it's him), and they are taking legal advice as its not small change to them given their predicament

Messy, but at least the lawyers will make money...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 May 2011 20:42

Two crappy cheating clubs getting screwed over for the price of one. Marvelous. :lol:

royalhaven

by royalhaven » 05 May 2011 20:46

damnit I was really looking forward to the decision tomorrow. I have been obsessed by this for the shear entertainment value but I need to get back to work! Its amazing to see how major sports governing bodies often can't see the forest for the trees (see NFL lockout, different I know but LOL at the "unwittingly" negative effect this has on supporters). Money, money, money

My opinion has changed a dozen times over this case and I am not sure any decision will really surprise me now. For the record, based on what I have read from some on here, from the papers and bloggoshpere, I think that QPR will be in the PL next year as Champions of the Championship. It is just too monumental and unprecedented to take the title and PL away. Putting aside the "inside cricket" of how this in playing England, the rest of the world will take a very dim view of what on the surface will appear to be an excessive and unjust penalty to a quality footballing side.

Believe me, I know how that that in and of itself would be unjust but i actually think the FAs international image with its massive oversees support for its leagues will come into play here. Personally, I think the most cogent argument was made for a 30 or more points deduction and effective relegation to the Championship and I would be very happy to see that happen. In any case I don't think there will be any real impact on the playoffs. We still need to win 3 games against some very strong opponents.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 May 2011 20:46

Linden Jones' Tash Has anyone mentioned that Plymouth Argyle are due a 6 figure sum if QPR are promoted to the Premier League, as a clause in Mackie's contract kicks in (I think it's him), and they are taking legal advice as its not small change to them given their predicament

If they dont go up they wont get the money, simples really

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 05 May 2011 20:50

Linden Jones' Tash Has anyone mentioned that Plymouth Argyle are due a 6 figure sum if QPR are promoted to the Premier League, as a clause in Mackie's contract kicks in (I think it's him), and they are taking legal advice as its not small change to them given their predicament

Don't think so, I looked up some papers and saw
(September) "Warnock’s team already boast a ­five-point cushion at the top of the Championship ­table and look a good bet to go straight up.

And if they do, it will be great news for Plymouth, who will see Mackie’s transfer fee rise up to £500,000."
Source: http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/championship-match-reports/2010/09/19/leicester-0-2-qpr-jamie-mackie-s-the-eighth-wonder-as-hoops-go-surging-clear-102039-22571155/
Probably about 100k or 200k more then in that case.
They owe about 800k if I recall though so it still shouldn't save them.

1341 posts