Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back From The Game- Forest Away

by Kitson12 » 10 Apr 2011 00:01

Church's goal!

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 10 Apr 2011 00:02

Why is Long taking the penalties? He's missed two this season...give them to Harte for christs' sake.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Apr 2011 00:03

LOL, 20 seconds worth of analysis! What a joke!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Apr 2011 00:04

Kitson12 Church's goal!

I've seen it 3 or 4 times now I still can't see him touch it.

The spirit in our team right now is phenominal. It means so much for them all, just look at the way the bench runs to celebrate goals and how Kebe ripped his shirt off for his goal.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Apr 2011 00:06

Ian Royal
Kitson12 Church's goal!

The spirit in our team right now is phenominal. It means so much for them all, just look at the way the bench runs to celebrate goals and how Kebe ripped his shirt off for his goal.

Well the dubious goals panel has accredited the goal to Church, so if true, ecstatic for him!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Apr 2011 00:09

blueroyals Why is Long taking the penalties? He's missed two this season...give them to Harte for christs' sake.

Was a decent enough penalty, good save by the keeper.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 10 Apr 2011 00:12

Royalee
blueroyals Why is Long taking the penalties? He's missed two this season...give them to Harte for christs' sake.

It was a bit soft and low to the keepers right. Any keeper that studies beforehand where Long likes to put his penalties had it easy. Poor penalty.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Apr 2011 00:15

Kitson12
Ian Royal
Kitson12 Church's goal!

Well the dubious goals panel has accredited the goal to Church, so if true, ecstatic for him!

I'm not known for having the best eyesight, I guess. Delighted for him for being given it.

Don't think there was much wrong with Long's penalty, it was at a saveable heighte and not quite far enough towards the post, but it wasn't awful. Good save. And we won, so who gives a rats arse.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 10 Apr 2011 00:17

It was a good pen to miss...
I love billys 18 points left to play for, last week he said well there's 21 points left. He's taken 4 points from 24 and still convinced it will be a photo finish! Yes for 12th!
Last edited by Z175 on 10 Apr 2011 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Apr 2011 00:17

Ian Royal Don't think there was much wrong with Long's penalty, it was at a saveable heighte and not quite far enough towards the post, but it wasn't awful. Good save. And we won, so who gives a rats arse.

^This!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Apr 2011 00:19

Z175 It was a good pen to miss...
I love billys 18 points left to play for, last week he said well there's 21 points left. He's taken 4 points from 24 and still convinced it will be a photo finish! Yes for 12th!

It will be a photo finish, they just won't be in the picture.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 10 Apr 2011 00:29

No Hoops Sitting on the patio in La Manga Club having listened to the game on tinternet feeling very happy.

Happy Easter. :lol:

6 wins on the trott

I'm in Cancun, not many Roals fans here but I'm off out for a few celebratory schooners. :D

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 10 Apr 2011 01:05

Unbelievable tekkers

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 10 Apr 2011 03:59

BenReadingFC
T.R.O.L.I. Surely the biggest unaswered question for those of us who weren't there today but were there last season:

Was the steward who "lost" his orange beanie hat there again this year? :lol:

No, The little oompa loompa was nowhere to be seen but Floyd was wearing his hat in the Vat and Fiddle before the game.
I managed to catch Kebe's goal to make the score Forest 2 - 3 Reading
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi1ob3_kebe-goal_sport

I love this club! And seeing these types of videos has made my long-distance fan experience a thousand times better! Ben you are a legend!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 10 Apr 2011 04:00

Allyh84 I like the faster, newly improved version of the Kebe song. :D

I really think a version of the old John Salako song would work great with Jimmy Kebe!

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 10 Apr 2011 05:47

Weirdly, I was thinking last night - several thousands miles away in Oz - that Brian is going to go all out to win the remainder of the games and forget about a single striker. There is very little to lose and so much to gain. Frankly, most teams will be scared crapless of us at this stage and while such a strategy will mean we will lose a few goals our attacking force could take us to the Prem. Can't believe it really.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 10 Apr 2011 08:33

seahawk10
Allyh84 I like the faster, newly improved version of the Kebe song. :D

I really think a version of the old John Salako song would work great with Jimmy Kebe!

I don't even remember it :oops: Refresh my memory!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Apr 2011 08:45

roadrunner
Royalee

It was a bit soft and low to the keepers right. Any keeper that studies beforehand where Long likes to put his penalties had it easy. Poor penalty.

Well, if the 'keeper had gone the other way it would have been a cool penalty.

So the pen's fine, but it was a good save.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 10 Apr 2011 09:02

Having read all the comments on here I don't think I am in the minority when I say that was one of the best games I have ever seen, not just watching Reading but watching football for my whole life. The game had everything and each time either side went on the attack it looked like a goal was coming.

Thought the ref was poor, for both sides.

Wonderful tacktical decision by BMcD to start with 442. I will hold my hands up and say I was worried about Manset starting but thought he had such a good game but it was obvious he was so tired towards the end. Holds the ball up well hand seems to have very good feet. Just needs to look up occasionally.

The rest of the players were all magnificent. Don't think anyone had a bad game. They all had a never say die attitude for the full 90 odd minutes, which I haven't seen in a Reading side for a long time!

I would also like to appologise to the guy sitting next to me and behind me (if they are on here) for my constant jumping up and down every 5 seconds. Lots of high 5-ing and hugging going on. (Row T, seat 112 was mine yesterday)

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 10 Apr 2011 09:05

As some have already said on here this team has a real determination about it at the moment...form, spirit, desire, passion...

On Tuesday all the subs ran down the line to celebrate with Hal...yesterday every goal was celebrated like it meant so much...there is a real togetherness about the club and it seems we are all in this together...the players are putting in the effort, every single one of them, the management seem to be making some superb decisions in the last few games and the fans are now believing in this "non-ambitious, low spending" football team...it's not all about the money...when you have a squad like this that 'clicks' and puts in sooo much effort there aren't going to be many teams around who will cope with us.

Even when Forest scored, I never thought they would win...a draw possibly..but every goal we concede just seems to make us even more determined, but in a very calm manner...we don't start panicking and lumping the ball forward aimlessly, instead we just find another gear and pick up the energy levels...yesterday was one of the best performances I've seen...so glad that I went...ok the purists will moan we conceded goals...but that is down to the effort we put in to the attack and wanting to win...we conceded 3 goals, yet still improved our goal difference!!!

The next few weeks are going to be amazing... 8)

168 posts