The 2010/11 HNA GOOF AWARD Nominations

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

The 2010/11 HNA GOOF AWARD Nominations

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Apr 2011 22:48

Not so Long ago it was all about Ian Harte but as Royalee once pronounced of Leigertwood...

" I hope we send him back to QPR permanently, he's utter shit."

tbf to Royalee, he retracted his biased opinion a few months later.......however

I nominate

Royalee as #1 :oops: face

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The 2010/11 HNA GOOF AWARD Nominations

by Snowball » 09 Apr 2011 22:57

Neck and Neck with Ian's "Long will Never EVER score 20 goals in the Championship"

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 09 Apr 2011 22:57

Can we just nominate the entire Team Board?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 09 Apr 2011 23:51

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Apr 2011 00:12

AthleticoSpizz Not so Long ago it was all about Ian Harte but as Royalee once pronounced of Leigertwood...

tbf to Royalee, he retracted his biased opinion a few months later.......however

I nominate

Him and Long (who I also slagged off a lot at the start of the season) have been our best two players since the turn of the year, fair play to them...I guess that's why McDermott was a top scout and has done well as of late. I'm certainly not complaining - I still wish we'd play better football, but given the constraints Madejski enforces upon us, he's done a brilliant job.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Apr 2011 00:17

fair dinkums Lee

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Apr 2011 00:18

Royalee
AthleticoSpizz Not so Long ago it was all about Ian Harte but as Royalee once pronounced of Leigertwood...

I nominate

Him and Long (who I also slagged off a lot at the start of the season) have been our best two players since the turn of the year, fair play to them...I guess that's why McDermott was a top scout and has done well as of late. I'm certainly not complaining - I still wish we'd play better football, but given the constraints Madejski enforces upon us, he's done a brilliant job.

We have been playing very good football. Today especially!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 10 Apr 2011 00:19

^^ This

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Apr 2011 00:22

We may well have done today, I can't pass judgement as I wasn't there...but on Tuesday we were average and only looked a decent side once Leigertwood and Manny came on and we tend to hoof it towards Long. I'd still rather watch the sort of football Swansea served up against Norwich, but that said perhaps looking back Madejski would never have provided the funds to sign so many of those type of players.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Apr 2011 00:30

Royalee ...but that said perhaps looking back Madejski would never have provided the funds to sign so many of those type of players.

Still going on about that one aren't you?

So what if we go up? Will you still complain about the signings we've made? We are never going to play like Swansea, look at how we played when Rodgers was manager. We'd have needed 6 new players, at least, to have been close to playing the football Rodgers wanted to stamp on us. He was wrong at the time, McDermott is the right man. I'm more than happy with how we're playing, and with the amount of strength in depth, and the spirit of the squad, which is close if not better than that of the 106 squad. You look at the way we started the season, and you look at it now. Fabulous in my opinion.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Apr 2011 00:32

Royalee We may well have done today, I can't pass judgement as I wasn't there...but on Tuesday we were average and only looked a decent side once Leigertwood and Manny came on and we tend to hoof it towards Long. I'd still rather watch the sort of football Swansea served up against Norwich, but that said perhaps looking back Madejski would never have provided the funds to sign so many of those type of players.

Haven't Swansea essentially only spent on Sinclair this season? They've built that team over years.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Apr 2011 00:33

Ian Royal
Royalee We may well have done today, I can't pass judgement as I wasn't there...but on Tuesday we were average and only looked a decent side once Leigertwood and Manny came on and we tend to hoof it towards Long. I'd still rather watch the sort of football Swansea served up against Norwich, but that said perhaps looking back Madejski would never have provided the funds to sign so many of those type of players.

Haven't Swansea essentially only spent on Sinclair this season? They've built that team over years.

Also, they seem quite reliant on loans at the moment. Borini and Priskin for two examples.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 10 Apr 2011 00:35

Blimey. Give it up. He was not the right fit for us at all. Didn't work & the football IMO was dire. I'm sure yes it was partially due to the personnel we have but it didn't work & watching us at home was fcuking boring.

Plus he was an arrogant gobby tw@t that kept saying we'd played well when we'd been shit.

BM is the right fit. I don't think ANYONE can argue that he isn't getting the best out of our squad right now. Kebe & Long are different players under BM. Legs was a fantastic signing, Karacan has come on leaps and bounds, so has Pearce, HRK.

Fantastic stuff.

I'm not exactly a Madejski lover by any means but maybe he knew all along that we had enough in the squad to get out of this league? Lets face it you don't have to be extra special to get out - just consistent.

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1