Back from the game - Cardiff (A) - Wembley special.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Cardiff (A) - Wembley special.

by rabidbee » 18 May 2011 13:25

Just.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 18 May 2011 13:25

rabidbee Being the only carer for a 30-something kid with Asperger's and ADHD on an exciting day out meant that I just didn't have time to get anxious before the game, as I was more concerned with making sure he didn't play his annoying early-90s electronica, that we were able to park close to the stadium, and that he got his lucky pre-match KFC. It wasn't until 10 minutes into the first half that I could really start to enjoy the game. Still, the smile on his vacant little face in the car after the game, as he clutched his 4-pack of Budvar to his chest, meant it was all worth it.

And Jobi's goal gave me the perfect excuse to clock him one on the mouth during the celebrations, which helped ease my tension considerably too. Ooops!

:lol:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 18 May 2011 13:26

Yeah.

But rabid looked so peaceful with my nutsack on his forehead this morning.

photos to follow. 8)

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 18 May 2011 13:27

Mills was my MOTM.

Then Long.

Then McAnuff.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 18 May 2011 13:27

"Canwewatchanotherfilm?!!!I'mtirednowZzzzz...."

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 May 2011 13:30

nailseabiscuitman Can I just put a good word in for some Cardiff fans as they aren`t all complete planks. We parked up next to a car load of CCFC fans and I saw them look as we got out of our car and made a joke to them about if the car would be ok there. No problem they assured us. They caught up with us on the way to the ground and pointed out the best way in and also a better way back to the car. We had a very friendly chat and parted with a friendly handshake with them wishing us luck. Bumped onto them back at the car after the game and they congratulated us, although gutted with the result, shook our hands again and wished us luck in the final . (they reaaallly want us to beat Swansea )
This is how football should be and I am sure in a reverse situation not all of our fans would act the same way.

Probably true but there are still some planks out there

the guy behind me got a cut head from something (a coin?) thrown by Cardiff fans right at the end of the game

And LOL at the Cardiff fan with a group of Royals at Leigh Delamere services who claimed we were lucky to win!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 18 May 2011 13:33

rabidbee "Canwewatchanotherfilm?!!!I'mtirednowZzzzz...."

:D

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 18 May 2011 13:43

congratulations on last night ladies and gents, reading deserved winners in the end although i will allow myself some wistful thoughts as to what might have been if not for some comical defending for the first, and some terrible finishing from our forwards.

once you had the lead it was reading's night all the way.

and good luck at wembley (obviously!)

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 18 May 2011 13:48

Thames Valley Bluebird congratulations on last night ladies and gents, reading deserved winners in the end although i will allow myself some wistful thoughts as to what might have been if not for some comical defending for the first, and some terrible finishing from our forwards.

To be fair, BlueBers, you called Bywater's liabilitybility before Friday's game and he didn't let us down!

Thanks for being gracious too. :D

Thames Valley Bluebird

by Thames Valley Bluebird » 18 May 2011 13:51

Row Z Royal
Thames Valley Bluebird congratulations on last night ladies and gents, reading deserved winners in the end although i will allow myself some wistful thoughts as to what might have been if not for some comical defending for the first, and some terrible finishing from our forwards.

To be fair, BlueBers, you called Bywater's liabilitybility before Friday's game and he didn't let us down!

Thanks for being gracious too. :D

Ah yes :lol: I did mention that didn't I?

Our chance was of catching Norwich for 2nd so I was a lot more disappointed after the Boro debacle than last night.

I was less than amused when a Reading fan at work came over for a whinge about the ticket prices for Wembley this morning though, my heart bleeds for him , dear oh dear.

I think you'll have to up your game again to beat Swansea, they looked formiddable against Forest I thought, but if McDermott can get you chasing down their centre backs and stopping them playing out from the back you'll give them a good game. Williams is always good for an own goal, and I think if Kebe is back running at Tate he'll have a field day.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 18 May 2011 13:52

Cheers TVB and looking forward to beating Abertawe at Wem-ber-ley.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 18 May 2011 14:29

Mrs Ark commented last night that the Reading fans were really loud before realising that it was AT Cardiff. Fair play to all of those there.

What a night. I watched a rerun in the evening and it was the consummate professional performance, equalling, if not surpassing, Tranmere in '95. The back four were just collectively brilliant; Legs was everywhere where the ball was and ably supported by Jem in putting in a great shift. Shlong is a beast - what a handful to play against. Jobi was quiet first half, but was unleashed second half. The mini-Liverpool goal was the icing on the cake.

MoM was Mills. The block on Chopra was tremendous and he looked impassable all night. His best-ever Reading performance.

Proud to be a Royal today and booking a flight home as I speak.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 18 May 2011 15:00

I don't think I could have felt more proud to be Reading last night in that away end. I've got alsorts of cuts and bruises on my legs from the 3 goal celebrations but fukk it, that was special!

It felt like life had actually stopped when Shlong knock the ball skywards for the first, worse than Curo at Brentford.

Classic night!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 May 2011 15:11

Did people do a Poznan?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 May 2011 15:16

LoyalRoyalFan Did people do a Poznan?

There was a token effort but I don't think anyone wanted to miss the action so they quickly truned round!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 18 May 2011 15:17

LoyalRoyalFan Did people do a Poznan?

No.

Our hugging was much less organised.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 18 May 2011 15:26

My favourite bit was the pause as Long hit it. There was a cheer and then everyone sort of hushed as the ball sailed towards the net.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 May 2011 15:31

papereyes My favourite bit was the pause as Long hit it. There was a cheer and then everyone sort of hushed as the ball sailed towards the net.

It was surreal wasn't it? Then the RFC fans celebrated as one all at the same time!

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 18 May 2011 15:40

papereyes My favourite bit was the pause as Long hit it. There was a cheer and then everyone sort of hushed as the ball sailed towards the net.

much the same for the penalty, big cheer followed by the ' has he really given a penalty' silence, then the realisation.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 May 2011 15:42

Royal Lady

It was surreal wasn't it? Then the RFC fans celebrated as one all at the same time!

Especially as that ball was in the air for about 2 1/2 weeks.