Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Jul 2017 17:41

CountryRoyal
Jagermesiter1871 I've just spoken to someone from ifollow and if we're playing a team who doesn't have ifollow the game won't be view able so basically half the games this season won't even be on it. Especially against the 'bigger' teams. So our opener against qpr won't be on there.

That's not what the club said.

If I'm honest the guy seemed pretty clueless but he said any game against a club who doesn't have ifollow, won't be shown. So presumably that will include QPR.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Jul 2017 18:02

Just tried a couple VPNs (tunnelbear, hola and windscribe) and couldn't get any to allow me to sign up to the international subscription which I guess is a fair indicator.

MM

by MM » 29 Jul 2017 19:12

The terms and conditions don't say anything about not allowing subscribers to watch their team against a non-subscribing team. They would not be allowed to get away with that so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I know somebody who has successfully signed up as an international subscriber via a VPN, so that is also nothing to worry about. Whether the live videos work is another matter, time will tell but I can't see how they won't.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Jul 2017 20:19

MM The terms and conditions don't say anything about not allowing subscribers to watch their team against a non-subscribing team. They would not be allowed to get away with that so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I know somebody who has successfully signed up as an international subscriber via a VPN, so that is also nothing to worry about. Whether the live videos work is another matter, time will tell but I can't see how they won't.

Do you know which VPN he uses? Please PM me.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 29 Jul 2017 20:55

Jagermesiter1871
MM The terms and conditions don't say anything about not allowing subscribers to watch their team against a non-subscribing team. They would not be allowed to get away with that so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Ive signed up on the international VPN easily. But here are some tips.

1) Use a decent VPN (I use Tunnelbear)
2) Do not use your main browser - the RFC website knew I was UK based even though I was using a VPN because I have visited before on my normal IP address and there were cookies on my default browser.
3) connect to your VPN (choose a non UK location) and then use a new browser to access RFC website and follow the links. The option for International live matches subscription then comes up.

thanks
Mr C

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Jul 2017 21:45

Mr Controversial
Jagermesiter1871

2) Do not use your main browser - the RFC website knew I was UK based even though I was using a VPN because I have visited before on my normal IP address and there were cookies on my default browser.
3) connect to your VPN (choose a non UK location) and then use a new browser to access RFC website and follow the links. The option for International live matches subscription then comes up.

thanks
Mr C

You're a sir. Tried Tunnelbear in a different browser and it comes up with the $140 subscription. Out of interest did you use a UK billing address?

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 29 Jul 2017 21:59

Jagermesiter1871
Mr Controversial
Jagermesiter1871

thanks
Mr C

You're a sir. Tried Tunnelbear in a different browser and it comes up with the $140 subscription. Out of interest did you use a UK billing address?

No I Googled the address of a restaurant in usa and used that.

double d

by double d » 29 Jul 2017 22:40

Sounds like a load of bolloxks to me. Just watch football on 5 and MOTD

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2017 22:45

double d Just watch football on 5

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 31 Jul 2017 00:33

If it is an away game, and they away club is not apart of ifollow, how could it be shown?

EDIT - I have just found this in their FAQ

Q: Which clubs have chosen to not offer iFollow to their supporters around the world?

A: Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Bristol City, Derby County, Leeds United, Queens Park Rangers and five other Football League clubs.

Note, however, that for the 11 clubs that haven’t signed up for iFollow, they can still live stream the same games as the other 61 EFL clubs. The only difference is the 11 clubs will do it through their own digital infrastructure and brand rather than iFollow.

All 72 EFL clubs have the ability to live stream games overseas regardless of whether they are in iFollow or not.

So i think we will be able to watch them on ifollow. Time will tell I guess.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 31 Jul 2017 12:03

Mr Controversial

Great advice Mr C and this above is the key. BBC, 4od, sky, all of them have cookies away that give the game away. Edge for VPN stuff, Chrome for everything else. I'd also add another vote for tunnelbear for reliability - but be advised, it does get a bit laggy at times when streaming

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 31 Jul 2017 12:20

10539.4 Miles Away
Mr Controversial

Great advice Mr C and this above is the key. BBC, 4od, sky, all of them have cookies away that give the game away. Edge for VPN stuff, Chrome for everything else. I'd also add another vote for tunnelbear for reliability - but be advised, it does get a bit laggy at times when streaming

Another piece of advice if I may.

If you have a smart TV that you want to stream your phone to for watching the match, you wont be able to VPN and screenlink to your TV. Screenlink uses directwifi which gets screwed up with VPNs. You will need to get yourself a phone to HDMI adapter (like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/REALMAX-Micro- ... roid+to+tv) to get the picture from your phone on to your TV.,

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Aug 2017 15:10

GetReading - It's abundantly clear they're just turning every news item into clickbait. I know they want as much traffic on their site as possible but I would read the article on the football club regardless. It makes me want to rebel and not click on the news item and read the story elsewhere.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 01 Aug 2017 16:11

So with this iFollow, does the registration cover the whole platform or just for your team? In our family there are a couple of different teams supported in the EFL so would we be able to use a single log in and watch whichever game we want? Or is it logged to a single team?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2017 16:23

ArfnipIsARoyal So with this iFollow, does the registration cover the whole platform or just for your team? In our family there are a couple of different teams supported in the EFL so would we be able to use a single log in and watch whichever game we want? Or is it logged to a single team?

Signed up today and the package is called ifollow Reading so seems to be club specific

kirkrich

by kirkrich » 01 Aug 2017 18:24

Ifollow is coming up as £45 for a season pass, not £110 as I thought it would be reading all the above. Is that correct?

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 01 Aug 2017 19:00

kirkrich Ifollow is coming up as £45 for a season pass, not £110 as I thought it would be reading all the above. Is that correct?

The £45 is for UK/Ireland subscribers, who for that amount get what EFL Player offered last year i.e. BBC Radio Berks commentary.

For the equivalent of £110, one can buy the subscription that is offered to those outside UK/IRE, which is video streaming of every match. Many of us are hoping to buy this one, and use a VPN to watch those games. Using my old Dutch address and a VPN to connect to iFollow, I can buy the video subscription for €110.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 01 Aug 2017 19:27

Stranded
ArfnipIsARoyal So with this iFollow, does the registration cover the whole platform or just for your team? In our family there are a couple of different teams supported in the EFL so would we be able to use a single log in and watch whichever game we want? Or is it logged to a single team?

Signed up today and the package is called ifollow Reading so seems to be club specific

Cheers, just Reading it is then. Hopefully long term they'll launch an app with access to all games. NHL have an app like this and it's superb and would be perfect for football

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2017 20:23

ArfnipIsARoyal
Stranded

Cheers, just Reading it is then. Hopefully long term they'll launch an app with access to all games. NHL have an app like this and it's superb and would be perfect for football

Apps launched today. One per club, no central app. Could be worth downloading a second club and seeing if you can access the premium content.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 02 Aug 2017 12:04

kirkrich Ifollow is coming up as £45 for a season pass, not £110 as I thought it would be reading all the above. Is that correct?

Follow my instructions above about using a VPN and a new browser.

Mr C

3140 posts