Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by bcubed » 06 Jan 2023 13:48

Stranded
tidus_mi2 Cardiff game has been selected for Sky and moved to Friday 17th Feb 8pm.

Oh yay - another Friday night away game - they always pan out so well.

FFS

Just (yesterday) finalised arrangements for two nights out in Cardiff. It's all oxf*rd up now.

Just leave us alone please. We've been on tv way more than enough anyway

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Jan 2023 13:56

Another £20 reciprocal away day as well gone for telly

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Jan 2023 14:15

Reading V QPR on Saturday 14th is the chosen 3pm match broadcast internationally.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Jan 2023 15:08

Cardiff away switched from Sat to Friday night by Sky (17th Feb)

Another untimely one given we playing Rotherham 3 days earlier.

I'm sure the boss won't be happy.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jan 2023 16:01

Mid Sussex Royal Cardiff away switched from Sat to Friday night by Sky (17th Feb)

Another untimely one given we are at Rotherham 3 days earlier.

Unbelievable! FOUR times this has happened to Reading now, next worst is Brum with 2. Is there a specific reason they keep bogging up Reading; really wish clubs could tell Sky to sod off every now and then. Now we’ve got yet another Friday night TV game to go with the other 3 defeats. For the record Cardiff travel to Brum while Reading play Rotherham on the Tuesday before. Suggest you all check to see if Reading have any more Tuesday games so you can be prepared to have the following Saturday ruined.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Jan 2023 16:06

Well, with Cardiff being under an embargo as well, this can be the embargo derby.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jan 2023 09:16

Sutekh
Mid Sussex Royal Cardiff away switched from Sat to Friday night by Sky (17th Feb)

Another untimely one given we are at Rotherham 3 days earlier.

Unbelievable! FOUR times this has happened to Reading now, next worst is Brum with 2. Is there a specific reason they keep bogging up Reading; really wish clubs could tell Sky to sod off every now and then. Now we’ve got yet another Friday night TV game to go with the other 3 defeats. For the record Cardiff travel to Brum while Reading play Rotherham on the Tuesday before. Suggest you all check to see if Reading have any more Tuesday games so you can be prepared to have the following Saturday ruined.

Unless the Sheff Utd game gets re-arranged for a Tuesday night our other 2 remaining midweek games are both on Wednesday night, so this should be the last Friday night fright.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 21 Jan 2023 15:06

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 11 Feb 2023 14:52

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Mar 2023 18:15

Saw earlier that we've not been selected for any Sky matches next month - surely a good omen?

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/upcoming-tv-games/

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Apr 2023 20:27

Reading v Burnley is the 3pm match broadcast worldwide.
current list
beIN Connect MENA
beIN Sports MENA English 3 HD
Cosmote Sport 3 HD
V Sport 2 Norge HD
ViaPlay Norway HD

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Apr 2023 23:12

Wondering if Sky will opt for Huddersfield v Reading as a game for full coverage on the last day. Just what we’d want on top of everything else given Reading’s superb 8 wins in 41 live TV games so far (and 1 win in about 9 games so far this season) hell! they’d probably get the FL to agree to move it to a Friday night just to double down on everything.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Apr 2023 00:38

Sutekh Wondering if Sky will opt for Huddersfield v Reading as a game for full coverage on the last day. Just what we’d want on top of everything else given Reading’s superb 8 wins in 41 live TV games so far (and 1 win in about 9 games so far this season) hell! they’d probably get the FL to agree to move it to a Friday night just to double down on everything.

They all have to be played at same KO time.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Apr 2023 18:33

Royals and Racers
Sutekh Wondering if Sky will opt for Huddersfield v Reading as a game for full coverage on the last day. Just what we’d want on top of everything else given Reading’s superb 8 wins in 41 live TV games so far (and 1 win in about 9 games so far this season) hell! they’d probably get the FL to agree to move it to a Friday night just to double down on everything.

They all have to be played at same KO time.

Nah they'll prioritise the play off race which for 6th looks like running the distance

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Apr 2023 08:53

Reading v Wigan is the international TV pick on the 29th - so not available on RoyalsTV but plenty of feeds will be available.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 May 2023 10:08

New SKY deal signed for the period 2024-2025 until 2028-2029

Each season, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of:

328 Sky Bet Championship matches
    248 Sky Bet League One matches
    248 Sky Bet League Two matches
    All 15 Play-Off matches
    All 93 Carabao Cup matches
    All 127 EFL Trophy matches

Article 48 will remain which is the bit about blocking transmission of any game between 2.45 and 5.15 on a Saturday.

The FL and SKY are also pledging to give longer notice periods on changes to game times (this includes the selection of ALL live games prior to the FA Cup 3rd Round BEFORE the start of the season).

50% increase in the value of the current rights agreement and guaranteed payments of £895m and £40m in marketing benefits.

All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the FL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in League One and League Two during international breaks.

Finally the live games on SKY this Weeknd (7 & 8 May 2023) are:

Sunday May 7

Sky Bet League One

Barnsley vs Peterborough, 12pm - Live on Sky Sports Arena
Sheffield Wednesday vs Derby, 12pm - Live on Sky Sports Football

Monday May 8

Sky Bet Championship

Millwall vs Blackburn, 3pm - Live on Sky Sports Main Event
Preston vs Sunderland, 3pm - Live on Sky Sports Football
Swansea vs West Brom, 3pm - Live on Sky Sports Arena

Sky Bet League Two

Stockport vs Hartlepool, 12.30pm - Live on Sky Sports Arena
Tranmere vs Northampton, 12.30pm - Live on Sky Sports Football

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Jul 2023 09:07

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/j ... -friendly/

Wimbledon pre-season friendly, £5, 10am kick off (UK time)

retro royal

by retro royal » 08 Jul 2023 09:56

Anyone else with international royals TV pass able to view the Wimbledon game, just asks me to upgrade subscription. My subscription is valid until August.

EDIT FOUND the answer : -

Please note that these pre-season friendly fixtures are not included within seasonal/monthly subscriptions and all supporters wishing to watch these friendly games will need to purchase a Match Pass.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jul 2023 13:05

retro royal Anyone else with international royals TV pass able to view the Wimbledon game, just asks me to upgrade subscription. My subscription is valid until August.

Please note that these pre-season friendly fixtures are not included within seasonal/monthly subscriptions and all supporters wishing to watch these friendly games will need to purchase a Match Pass.

From what I've heard/read quite a few of those with International Royals TV passes were already pissed off from last season due to the number of blackout games. This, IMO, short-sighted move by the club is unlikely to encourage people to commit to a pass this season.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 08 Jul 2023 13:15

RoyalBlue
retro royal Anyone else with international royals TV pass able to view the Wimbledon game, just asks me to upgrade subscription. My subscription is valid until August.

From what I've heard/read quite a few of those with International Royals TV passes were already pissed off from last season due to the number of blackout games. This, IMO, short-sighted move by the club is unlikely to encourage people to commit to a pass this season.

Speaking as one of those international Royals I think the pass is excellent value (even if I’m forced to listen to Dellor) even with the blackout games.

It helps in the US that I have espn so the blackout games are shown there but I’m sure it’s a similar situation in other countries too.

3140 posts