Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
biff

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by biff » 05 Aug 2017 22:36

Jagermesiter1871
biff
Jagermesiter1871 Whats the general consensus on using a VPN then? Any issues streaming? And does it all work ok in Chrome?

Also - was it fine using a UK card address for sign up?

I paid for PIA VPN, seemingly the cheapest per month job (you can get discounts on all of them for longer subscriptions). Spoofed from Germany, no real drop in DL speed, and worked perfectly. Paid for ifollow with paypal, but i doubt theyre clever enough to care about the origin of the money, especially as itll be a bulk of their sales.

Perfect! Spoofed from Germany - as in you used a German server/IP?

Yes! Its a basic but powerful app, just chose to connect via Germany, and Ookla tells me im in central Berlin. There might be a free one but for 6 dollars a month and a fiver a game, it saves me plenty of away tickets and petrol.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 06 Aug 2017 13:17

Jagermesiter1871
harry So, what I could tell from abroad a choice of video and BBC radio Berks commentary. Combined would be perfect. I chose commentary but that's just me.
Either way I appear to have paid nothing so far for a service I was considering having the pay £110 for.
As per sky v radio Berks I opted for the latter. Accept I'm not Joe average. Would have happily traded money for 3 (or even one at the end) point

You paid nothing for just the radio right? You didn't have any visuals?

I have paid nothing this season. I think it may be because my subscription carried over somehow and runs out in next day or so.
I'll find out for next game as still abroad then.
Yesterday I managed to watch the video but our internet connection made that patchy. So I switched to audio commentary.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2017 15:07

Thought that iFollow was excellent. Yeah, some small changes would be great but I liked not having commentary. I guess the feeling they were going for was to give you as close to the experience of being in the ground as possible, so not having the commentary adds to that - I wonder if the absence of replays will depend on the home team? For our home games, I would imagine iFollow will use the same feed as goes to the stadium so would expect to see the same replays as in the stadium.

Only thing I would like is perhaps the score and or time in the corner.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Aug 2017 05:53

Is gillingham on ifollow or is it only league games?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2017 07:54

CountryRoyal Is gillingham on ifollow or is it only league games?

Only seems to be listing League games, which is surprising given it is an EFL app and the League Cup is their competition. Wouldn't expect the FA Cup to be on there but thought League cup may be (for ties not being shown on Sky at least).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2017 08:15

App has actually just updated and appears it will be on iFollow tonight.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 08 Aug 2017 08:30

When signed up it said that it only included league games, not FA Cup or EFL cup, but the Gill fixture has had iFollow next to it the whole time.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 08 Aug 2017 08:31

When signed up it said that it only included league games, not FA Cup or EFL cup, but the Gill fixture has had iFollow next to it the whole time. Maybe it's up to the club if they show them or not?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2017 08:47

Rawlie19

When signed up it said that it only included league games, not FA Cup or EFL cup, but the Gill fixture has had iFollow next to it the whole time. Maybe it's up to the club if they show them or not?

Maybe - hadn't even been showing on the fixture list on my app but if it is on tonight that is a bonus.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 08 Aug 2017 19:03

I'm getting funny messages about my location being unable to receive this broadcast for tonight's match.

I've tried several vpn locations around the world but none seem to work.

Still 30 minutes to kick off.

biff

by biff » 08 Aug 2017 19:07

anyone able to buy a match pass for tonight?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 08 Aug 2017 19:15

I have the ifollow and apparently it is listening only and not live video coverage for the Cup games but i will let you know just before the game starts. The info i got was only the league games get live video coverage.

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 08 Aug 2017 19:29

[quote="Mr Controversial"]I'm getting funny messages about my location being unable to receive this broadcast for tonight's match.

Still 30 minutes to kick off.[/quote]

On the app I get the same messages - but I'm in Austria so there should be no problem with location. I thought that because it cost more than last year's player there was a chance it would be better, but so far I'm being proved wrong.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 08 Aug 2017 19:39

commentary only i guess....ah well, least i get to watch the Fulham game on Saturday.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Aug 2017 19:40

No video.. What bull. I dont recall seeing it written anywhere that cup games were not included..

MM

by MM » 08 Aug 2017 19:43

I can assure you that the T&C's did say the Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and FA Cup games would not be available for video coverage.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2017 19:48

NewCorkSeth No video.. What bull. I dont recall seeing it written anywhere that cup games were not included..

It's in the International FAQs. No Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy or play off games will get live coverage. Only covers the league games not picked up for international broadcast.

They need to remove the Watch Live button for these games then to make it clearer.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2017 19:49

Emmer Green Royal
Mr Controversial I'm getting funny messages about my location being unable to receive this broadcast for tonight's match.

Still 30 minutes to kick off.

On the app I get the same messages - but I'm in Austria so there should be no problem with location. I thought that because it cost more than last year's player there was a chance it would be better, but so far I'm being proved wrong.

It is better, vast majority of league games live. Shame about tonight but it is on the site that it wouldn't be live.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 08 Aug 2017 20:04

so I'm a complete numpty/tool/melt.... as a full season iFollow subscriber where is the bleedin' link for the live commentary?

(In mitigation I got up at 4.30am and have had three flights today and just home from Riyadh. </humblebrag.... not> )

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Aug 2017 20:15

Stranded
NewCorkSeth No video.. What bull. I dont recall seeing it written anywhere that cup games were not included..

It's in the International FAQs. No Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy or play off games will get live coverage. Only covers the league games not picked up for international broadcast.

They need to remove the Watch Live button for these games then to make it clearer.

I accept that its not available. I don't like that they hid the fact. When signing up all it said about live games was that I could watch them and that its up to 46 games a season. Thats not very clear.

3140 posts