Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Apr 2021 11:08

How many times have QPR and Brentford been on? Just wondering if there's any correlation this season between being picked for live games and proximity to the Sky studios.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 02 Apr 2021 11:27

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Snowflake Royal I've got £100k in my head for some reason, but no idea why or if it's accurate.

Under the current deal, which I think runs to the end of next season, I believe the fees for live games for Division 2/Championship clubs are, for the home club, £100,000 per game (unless it’s played on Sunday (£120,000) or Thursday (£140,000)) - while away teams collect a fixed fee of £10,000.

So Reading, presuming those figures are still correct in the current climate, will have collected £1m for live SKY screenings by the end of April....

Away

Coventry
    Preston
    Watford
    Barnsley
    Swansea
    Bournemouth
    Sheff Wed
    Birmingham

Total: £80,000

Home

Stoke
    Bristol City
    Bournemouth
    Norwich
    Blackburn
    Nottm Forest
    Coventry
    Cardiff
    Swansea (Sunday)

Total: £920,000

Think that’s all the live games, but it gets a bit confusing this season given the number of games on red button and ifollow etc. so please feel free to correct if necessary.

You might also like to note that until SKY chose to televise Reading for the first time this season, Reading were doing quite nicely thank you very much having won 7 and drawn 1 of their first 8 games so perhaps it would actually have been better to have earned £0 so far.....

I'd assume red button would be less.

I reckon anything where it's still on Ifollow will be far less.

How many previous seasons do we have to go back to reach that many televised games prior to this one?

Don't really understand why the home team gets 10 times the fee.

We believe it’s changed for this season and the SKy fee is divided equally between the two clubs, c£75k each.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 Apr 2021 14:25

I’m pretty sure every club has been televised by Sky more than ever because of the world we are living in - how do we actually compare to others in the division :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Jul 2021 15:33

Good to see Sky have decided not to show us at all in August, while putting Wayne Rooney's Derby on 3 times. Don't go changing guys

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 09 Jul 2021 17:06

Does anyone know if the friendlies will be streamed?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Jul 2021 16:01

Middlesborough (h) 25th September is bought forward to 12:30 and will be shown on Sky.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/Boro-meeting-selected-for-television/

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2021 16:08

Hendo Middlesborough (h) 25th September is bought forward to 12:30 and will be shown on Sky.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/Boro-meeting-selected-for-television/

I think that was the game I enjoyed least of all last season tbh

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 20 Jul 2021 18:20

PremAddict Does anyone know if the friendlies will be streamed?

Reading v West Ham i know is being shown in Sweden so i would think there will be streams around.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Jul 2021 22:20

Also free to watch on Sky Bet. Assume all the bookies offering odds will have a live stream.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 24 Jul 2021 13:23

What is happening with Sky Red Button midweek games? Our home game against Bristol City is not listed as being on the Red Button on Sky’s website. Are we not allowing them to show games like that now?!

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 24 Jul 2021 13:44

Royals and Racers

Reading v West Ham i know is being shown in Sweden so i would think there will be streams around.

Today's match is on the clubs you tube account. Go to the website and follow the link. Radio Berks does not seem to have a commentary, as Tim is at Ascot today. Are Radio Berks starting to move away from Reading FC? What with finishing last seasons programmes at ten o'clock and no commentary (again) on a pre-season friendly . Next Saturdays schedule does not mention anything about the match, despite the sports programme being on.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Jul 2021 14:05

The Royal Forester
Royals and Racers

Today's match is on the clubs you tube account. Go to the website and follow the link. Radio Berks does not seem to have a commentary, as Tim is at Ascot today. Are Radio Berks starting to move away from Reading FC? What with finishing last seasons programmes at ten o'clock and no commentary (again) on a pre-season friendly . Next Saturdays schedule does not mention anything about the match, despite the sports programme being on.

This is the Reading link

https://t.co/pFVKQSleeN?amp=1

No commentary, possible kit clash (white shirt v white hooped shirt)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2021 13:22

Kitsondinho What is happening with Sky Red Button midweek games? Our home game against Bristol City is not listed as being on the Red Button on Sky’s website. Are we not allowing them to show games like that now?!

Same as the last couple of years, scheduled midweek fixtures in division/tier 2 will be available on the Sky “red button” service. By scheduled I mean scheduled by the FL as part of the standard fixture list not Saturday fixtures that are subsequently re-arranged due to illness, cup, weather etc.

Reading v Bristol City, on Tuesday 17 August, is on the service - it may have seemed “lost” as it’s an 8pm kick off rather than the more standard 7.45pm.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 30 Jul 2021 14:09

https://mobile.twitter.com/CPFC/status/ ... 1513800708

£4.99 to watch tomorrow's game on Palace TV

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 06 Aug 2021 11:37

Dumb question of the season award, but I take it that's it for iFollow Saturday games then ?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 06 Aug 2021 11:53

Zammo Dumb question of the season award, but I take it that's it for iFollow Saturday games then ?

Reckon so. It's called respecting the 3pm Saturday black-out on TV coverage in order to support live attendances throughout the pyramid.

There will be work done (analysis!) over the next year or two to see whether the blackout is a help or hindrance financially at the EFL level.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 06 Aug 2021 11:56

STAR Liaison
Zammo Dumb question of the season award, but I take it that's it for iFollow Saturday games then ?

Reckon so. It's called respecting the 3pm Saturday black-out on TV coverage in order to support live attendances throughout the pyramid.

There will be work done (analysis!) over the next year or two to see whether the blackout is a help or hindrance financially at the EFL level.

Cheers. Completely agree on the blackout. Good for the game/clubs. To be honest, I'd normally be there but can't make it tomorrow. Got so used to logging into iFollow ten minutes before kick-off that it almost becomes a habit !!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Aug 2021 12:35

I thought ifollow had gone? Or is that only Reading home games?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2021 14:39

Cripes the RoyalsTV IFollow replacement is shit to navigate.

But got in on video pass eventually.

78royal

by 78royal » 07 Aug 2021 14:59

Snowflake Royal Cripes the RoyalsTV IFollow replacement is shit to navigate.

But got in on video pass eventually.

Bought the match but can't see where in the app to watch it

3140 posts