Hob Nob Addict

Re: Where does Simon Church fit in now?

by Royalee » 08 Sep 2011 13:46

He doesn't, HTH.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 08 Sep 2011 14:27

Royalee He doesn't, HTH.

even when i agree with you i find you really objectionable.

Cookie

by Cookie » 08 Sep 2011 23:07

:lol: he's one for the future.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 09 Sep 2011 12:30

JimmytheJim
Royalee He doesn't, HTH.

even when i agree with you i find you really objectionable.

:lol: Just what I was thinking :lol:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 Sep 2011 12:53

"If they know better than me and better than the gaffer then I should just give up playing football now... like Shane should have last season"

What a bloke at work claims Churchy said to him recently. He didn't mention the forum for where the source of the criticism came from but it's prolly a good guess to think he's seen this and other threads questioning his place in the team.

Thumbs up for the comment. He has a point! (if he did say it)

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 09 Sep 2011 12:55

Don't listen to the h8rs Churchy. I believe in you, you just need to believe in yourself x

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 Sep 2011 12:57

LOL if he does read this.

And we don't know more than the gaffer because he obviously thinks you're shit too, that's why you're behind a leprechaun, a winger and two league 2 strikers in the pecking order you mug.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Sep 2011 13:18

I always thought Long would come good, although I'm really surprised how he turned it around so quickly. The difference with Church is that he just doesn't seem to have any particular talent to make it worthwhile persisting with him. He has no pace, not particularly strong, can't dribble and most of the goals he scored were on a plate inside the 6yd box or off his backside, Added to that he fluffs a lot of chances he gets, so I can't even say he's a finisher. He has a decent shot and runs around a lot and that's about it.

He's had a lot more chances than a lot of players and has never shown any reason to an automatic choice in the side. IMHO it's time for him to move on to a level where he'll get games.

Cookie

by Cookie » 09 Sep 2011 15:16

roadrunner "If they know better than me and better than the gaffer then I should just give up playing football now... like Shane should have last season"

What a bloke at work claims Churchy said to him recently. He didn't mention the forum for where the source of the criticism came from but it's prolly a good guess to think he's seen this and other threads questioning his place in the team.

If it's true that Simon Richard Church gets on here to read our comments then well I'd better make it clear where I stand on this.

He's a great young prospect and always will be, I've liked him ever since Coppell fell out with SHunt for picking him in preference for ther Burnley game. (That's the Burnley game we lost and where Coppell subsequently resigned) but we didn't lose cos of Churchie - he's a diamond geezer.

And if there was an all time best looking player league for the Royals - then Churchie would easily get say fourth or fifth place.

Any way he's the best Simon we've ever had at the club as well - way better than that Simon Cox.
Last edited by Cookie on 09 Sep 2011 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 Sep 2011 15:19

Cookie
roadrunner "If they know better than me and better than the gaffer then I should just give up playing football now... like Shane should have last season"

If it's true that Simon Richard Church gets on here to read our comments then well I'd better make it clear where I stand on this.

He's a great young prospect and always will be, I've liked him ever since Coppell fell out with SHunt for picking him in preference for ther Burnley game. (That's the Burnley game we lost and where Coppell subsequently resigned) but we didn't lose cos of Churchie - he's a diamond geezer.

And if there was an all time best lookng player league for the Royals - then Churchie would easily get say fourth or fifth place.

Any way he's the best Simon we've ever had at the club as well - way better than that Simon Cox.

You big fat homo! He'll love that.

I think he'll score in his next reserve match now!!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Sep 2011 15:22

Cookie Any way he's the best Simon we've ever had at the club as well - way better than that Simon Cox.

You were doing so well until this part. Does the name Simon Osborn ring any bells? :lol:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 Sep 2011 15:23

T.R.O.L.I.
Cookie Any way he's the best Simon we've ever had at the club as well - way better than that Simon Cox.

You were doing so well until this part. Does the name Simon Osborn ring any bells? :lol:

Yeah, or Simon Sheppard!!

:wink:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 Sep 2011 15:27

Maybe we should write an open letter to the one person who can bring out Church's best form.

Oh Gylfi, You came and you gave without taking
But we sent you away, oh Gylfi.
Well you kissed Church and stopped him from shaking and
He needs you today, oh Gylfi

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 Sep 2011 15:46

Simon's Church Maybe we should write an open letter to the one person who can bring out Church's best form.

Oh Gylfi, You came and you gave without taking

I would have thought that would have caused tension in the relationship!

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 09 Sep 2011 16:19

I like Churchy. I'd be delighted if he did well. I have faith 2009 wasn't a flash in the pan.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 10 Sep 2011 21:05

Given 15 minutes today, won't make the bench next week. send the kid out on loan to get some games under his belt.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 10 Sep 2011 21:53

Due to the epic boredom of today's match I counted how many minutes it was until Churchy got his first touch 6 mins

And I like him