Back from the game - West Ham

156 posts
Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - West Ham

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Dec 2011 19:03

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Tony Le Mesmer So, nobody thinks that Jimmy Kebe was being a disrespectful tosser? He deserved to get done properly , cant wait to see him leave the club personally.

No place in the game for a tackle like that TLM

Players who deliberately set out to harm another have no place in football.

No place in football for what Kebe did today.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Dec 2011 19:05

Upper West Ginger Considerable discussion about it on 606 this evening.
although the "studding" seems to be overlooked.

I'm biased (obviously) but JK did no wrong, and I wish that I had his cheeky quickness of mind.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 10 Dec 2011 19:07

Tony Le Mesmer
The Real Sandhurst Royal

Come on, football shouldn't be completely devoid of fun and mischief.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 10 Dec 2011 19:09

Brian McDermott's magic, he wears a magic hat...

:oops:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 10 Dec 2011 19:09

Tony Le Mesmer
The Real Sandhurst Royal
Tony Le Mesmer So, nobody thinks that Jimmy Kebe was being a disrespectful tosser? He deserved to get done properly , cant wait to see him leave the club personally.

I beg to differ. Ronaldo has made a career out of it. WH players were uninterested and left him on his own. He entertained the crowd. Collison saw red and as a result saw red (card).

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Dec 2011 19:10

Tony Le Mesmer
The Real Sandhurst Royal

Yeah no place in modern football for that where the players say "you know" about 200 times in interviews and come out with every media trained cliche going. It was a player showing character, bit of showmanship and if one of the greats like Pele, Maradona or Best had done it when they were playing it would be talked about for decades.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 10 Dec 2011 19:12

How is it disrespectful, it's a game, you are allowed to do what you want, if no West Hame player could be bothered to close him down he's free ot do what he wants.

Jimmy is a hero, i'll never forget this, i love him, West Hame can go do one, 1966 is long gone, they're no longer the best team around, England don't win world cups anymore, West Ham are insignificant, their fans just don't realise it yet.

Jimmy is god, Melon head can i convert to your religion?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Dec 2011 19:14

Tony Le Mesmer
The Real Sandhurst Royal

Sorry, what exactly did he do wrong? The match was won, slowing the game down and killing time was exactly the right thing to do. Harmless bit of physical sledging which got a massive and petulent over-reaction, rightly punished with a red. A red which would have been dished out whether Kebe lay down or got straight back up again.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 10 Dec 2011 19:18

Best hangover cure ever!

Fantastic all round performance from a game that looked dead at half time! Ledge my man of the match, with the biggest thumbs up to Church for an incredible cameo performance! Happy birthday lad!

Lastly Kebe was having his heels kicked at every opportunity so fair play to him for getting a bit of revenge! What he did was hilarious and obviously worked as Collison came at him like a bullet!

For once I cannot wait until The Football League Show! :D

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 10 Dec 2011 19:20

Listen to Sam Allardyce interview on the BBC web site.

No blinkers on Sam today he sum ups the Kebe incident and the Collison sending off very well.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 10 Dec 2011 19:20

Sorry, what exactly did he do wrong? The match was won, slowing the game down and killing time was exactly the right thing to do. Harmless bit of physical sledging which got a massive and petulent over-reaction, rightly punished with a red. A red which would have been dished out whether Kebe lay down or got straight back up again.[/quote]

Nothing wrong at all, it was entertaining, has got us in the limelight for a change, glad I was there to see it.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 10 Dec 2011 19:25

Savage and Roberts on 606 saying Collison right to be sent off but Kebe was out of order.

I think. Only just caught the last caller, he said Kebe was wrong to do it and that he was 'backing up' Savage and Roberts, I didn't hear the rest of it.

Personally couldn't give a shit, it was hilarious. Entertainment.

finbarr

by finbarr » 10 Dec 2011 19:27

Reminded me of a moment in mid 70's when we beat Swindon 4 -1 at Elm Park. On one run John Murray stopped and sat on the ball before resuming his run. I cannot recall anyone trying to break his legs for doing it.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 10 Dec 2011 19:28

Tony Le Mesmer
The Real Sandhurst Royal

There's a "code" amongst professionals that you just don't take the piss like Kebe did - but that still doesn't justfy the reations.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Dec 2011 19:32

This was typical of our home games with West Ham really. Once again they turned up full of usual arrogance, played appalingly, behaved worse and their fans - all mouth for the first hour - left in a strop at 2-0. F*ck 'em; morally and financially bankrupt club with a nasty, violent fanbase.

West Ham were the worst side I have seen us play this season, which made our own wasteful and shoddy first half performance even more irritating. We should have led by at least 2 before the red card, they have basically had two men sent off for petulance and Reading took advantage brilliantly. In a largely scrappy game the stand-outs for me were Leigertwood and Karacan.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 10 Dec 2011 19:34

Thought that was the best performance of the season imo. For me Lwood was mom he was immense but everyone was class. West Ham lost their discipline and ok Kebe took the piss but he didnt deserve that challenge.

Well chuffed

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 10 Dec 2011 19:35

For me this was a victory built from the back - Pearce and Gorkss were superb throughout - their performance today was definitley one of the best ever Reading centre-back perfromance I've ever seen.

Added to that Cummings had a really great game and Harte, although exposed for pace a couple of times, didn't let us down on the right.

Top, top defending!

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 10 Dec 2011 19:38

I thought the first half was poor. We didn't look great and neither did they. Thankfully the game sprung to life second half, it was great that we got the lead so soon after the first red and it was one way traffic after that. The second goal was excellent and some of the best football I've seen us play for a while.

Huge lolz from Kebe with the socks. Beating West Ham never gets old. :D

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 10 Dec 2011 19:42

floyd__streete This was typical of our home games with West Ham really. Once again they turned up full of usual arrogance, played appalingly, behaved worse and their fans - all mouth for the first hour - left in a strop at 2-0. F*ck 'em; morally and financially bankrupt club with a nasty, violent fanbase.

West Ham were the worst side I have seen us play this season, which made our own wasteful and shoddy first half performance even more irritating. We should have led by at least 2 before the red card, they have basically had two men sent off for petulance and Reading took advantage brilliantly. In a largely scrappy game the stand-outs for me were Leigertwood and Karacan.

Agree with that almost entirely. Thought Kebe was the stand up player along with Leigertwood. Didn't realise until after the game that he'd taken the piss with the sock pulling up. Don't really agree with that but if it winds the arrogant bastards on KUMB up, then I can live with it. West Ham. Pfucking hate them.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 10 Dec 2011 19:42

M-U-R-T-Y Savage and Roberts on 606 saying Collison right to be sent off but Kebe was out of order.

I think. Only just caught the last caller, he said Kebe was wrong to do it and that he was 'backing up' Savage and Roberts, I didn't hear the rest of it.

Personally couldn't give a shit, it was hilarious. Entertainment.

coming from savage thats hilarious

156 posts