Banging of Seats

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Banging of Seats

by tomrfcurz » 07 Jan 2012 19:02

Noticed this at the end of last season and obviously now this campaign. It's utterly ridiculous. You might as well boo than do this. Would be good if everyone did it after a goal or something but to show dis-satisfaction (which as far as i can work out is why it is done). Just seems stupid. Maybe i'm being a plum and missing something but its a bit embarrassing :oops:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Banging of Seats

by Forbury Lion » 07 Jan 2012 19:08

You say it's stupid, yet you noticed it.... I believe that was the intention, so maybe it wasn't so stupid?

You then go on to say it would be good if everyone did it... make you sodding mind up!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 07 Jan 2012 19:11

Empty seats................. more fans needed!!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 07 Jan 2012 19:12

IT - IS - PATHETIC.

It was done when every decision went against us or sliced pass or an attack broke down. Certain aspects of being a supporter make me cringe.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 07 Jan 2012 19:21

Forbury Lion You say it's stupid, yet you noticed it.... I believe that was the intention, so maybe it wasn't so stupid?

You then go on to say it would be good if everyone did it... make you sodding mind up!

I think you missed the point. What i meant is that it is stupid to use it to sound disappointment in the team

And if i'm noticing it (although in Y26 myself) i'm sure the players are too and thinking 'what the fcuk' so maybe it is stupid?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Jan 2012 19:26

Is it any worse than the drummer or music after we score?

I can't stand either, at least banging on the seats is fan generated. Whilst I don't take part in seat banging it's less cringe worthy than "Easy Easy" chants or "Back the boys and make some noise, bang bang bang URZ".. or who wants Pizza etc etc

As long as seats are not damaged, let the fans bang them if they want. There are bigger issues to worry about.

As for the original point, which I missed - As a way of showing displeasure, it is rubbish.... A slow clap would work better or booing, not that those are necessarily going to affect the team in a constructive way.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 07 Jan 2012 19:39

Forbury Lion Is it any worse than the drummer or music after we score?

I can't stand either, at least banging on the seats is fan generated. Whilst I don't take part in seat banging it's less cringe worthy than "Easy Easy" chants or "Back the boys and make some noise, bang bang bang URZ".. or who wants Pizza etc etc

As long as seats are not damaged, let the fans bang them if they want. There are bigger issues to worry about.

As for the original point, which I missed - As a way of showing displeasure, it is rubbish.... A slow clap would work better or booing, not that those are necessarily going to affect the team in a constructive way.

No its not any worse, but there's been plenty of moaners on here about them so i thought i'd join in on this

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 08 Jan 2012 10:18

Let's face it. The world has ended. The fact that you are reading this means you are dreaming and/or have been selected for the after life*

*EDIT: tho clearly not on this planet, what with the world ending and all that.

buddy1983

by buddy1983 » 08 Jan 2012 10:46

I hate this too, I just dont see the point. What good is it when your team are struggling and the fans are clearly on their backs. Wouldnt help motivate me.

jesusisaroyal

by jesusisaroyal » 08 Jan 2012 10:49

I have a season ticket in the Y25 and regularly bang my seat in frustration. In my opinion it is a very effective way of venting our anger at the team's performance and letting our feelings known, and bearing in mind we pay several hundred pounds a season, I really see nothing wrong with banging the seats - it's not cringeowrthy at all. So for you snobs in the Upper West and Plastics in the North Stand, here's a piece of advice: keep your thoughts to yourself. You make no noise whatsoever all game, the atmosphere would be dead if it wasn't for us in the Y25. :x

buddy1983

by buddy1983 » 08 Jan 2012 10:56

jesusisaroyal I have a season ticket in the Y25 and regularly bang my seat in frustration. In my opinion it is a very effective way of venting our anger at the team's performance and letting our feelings known, and bearing in mind we pay several hundred pounds a season, I really see nothing wrong with banging the seats - it's not cringeowrthy at all. So for you snobs in the Upper West and Plastics in the North Stand, here's a piece of advice: keep your thoughts to yourself. You make no noise whatsoever all game, the atmosphere would be dead if it wasn't for us in the Y25. :x

I seat in Y25 also and i make noise throughout the game but i just dont see how banging my seat like a child would is goiing to make in ANY way. Its about getting behind your team not getting on their backs.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 08 Jan 2012 11:03

jesusisaroyal I have a season ticket in the Y25 and regularly bang my seat in frustration. In my opinion it is a very effective way of venting our anger at the team's performance and letting our feelings known, and bearing in mind we pay several hundred pounds a season, I really see nothing wrong with banging the seats - it's not cringeowrthy at all. So for you snobs in the Upper West and Plastics in the North Stand, here's a piece of advice: keep your thoughts to yourself. You make no noise whatsoever all game, the atmosphere would be dead if it wasn't for us in the Y25. :x

This is a forum you prat. The question was asked, people answer how they wish. Lol at your 'us and them' polarity. It's like standing outside the headmasters office sucking your thumb.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2012 11:09

buddy1983

I seat in Y25 also and i make noise throughout the game but i just dont see how banging my seat like a child would is goiing to make in ANY way. Its about getting behind your team not getting on their backs.

They didn't need people on their backs yesterday, they needed boots up their arses. There can be no excuse for not even battling and competing.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 08 Jan 2012 11:14

jesusisaroyal the atmosphere would be dead if it wasn't for us in the Y25. :x

You're so cool with your replica shirts over your jumper and One Direction haircuts

jesusisaroyal

by jesusisaroyal » 08 Jan 2012 11:44

who are ya?
jesusisaroyal the atmosphere would be dead if it wasn't for us in the Y25. :x

You're so cool with your replica shirts over your jumper and One Direction haircuts

Very stereotypical.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 08 Jan 2012 11:51

But I'm right

jesusisaroyal

by jesusisaroyal » 08 Jan 2012 11:56

I never wear a replica shirt to matches and have short back and sides. Anyway, that's beyond the point, it's simply pathetic how poncy you lot are getting over people banging their seats.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 08 Jan 2012 12:02

Fair enough m8, you'll grow out of it when you leave school

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 08 Jan 2012 12:03

Are the y25 a new boyband? I've never heard of them.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 08 Jan 2012 12:07

Yes m8, download the track "She Bangs The Seats"