Hob Nob Addict

Re: SPECULATION - Nicky Shorey

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Jul 2012 17:07

Just like Kitson and Little were.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: SIGNED: Nicky Shorey

by SLAMMED » 10 Jul 2012 17:08

Ups and Downs Will add some much needed pace to our back line.

This^

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 10 Jul 2012 17:15

Blakey's Right Peg
MouldyRoyal He'll need to work hard to get the extra year added on otherwise he'll end up back in the championship. I think we'll see the hungry, hardworking shorey...at least I hope we do.

If we do see a Shorey eager to prove himself then this could be a very shrewd deal.

this word is becoming an obsession amongst all rfc fans! haha

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 10 Jul 2012 17:25

i knew this was happening, he loved the 4 bed semi i showed him around last week in Axbridge Rd, hopefully now he's signed he will put an offer in and get settled ASAP.

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 10 Jul 2012 17:27

Focher i knew this was happening, he loved the 4 bed semi i showed him around last week in Axbridge Rd, hopefully now he's signed he will put an offer in and get settled ASAP.

After you showed him one semi, did you then show him another?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 10 Jul 2012 17:29

Albert Spangler
Focher i knew this was happening, he loved the 4 bed semi i showed him around last week in Axbridge Rd, hopefully now he's signed he will put an offer in and get settled ASAP.

Awkward, but there's some potential there.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 10 Jul 2012 17:30

Albert Spangler

I did m8, i took him to a nice semi in Salcombe Rd, unfortunately he didn't like next doors Rottweiler and the family of 14 opposite.

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

by Hemenbruff Royal » 10 Jul 2012 17:31

Good signing.

Maybe the plan is a job share with Ian Harte. Both slightly old, slightly slow left backs but both almost warrant a place in the side for their free kick and corner taking skills alone. If they can manage 45 minutes each then we have 90 minutes of potential superb dead ball delivery to Pog and Roberts.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 10 Jul 2012 17:34

He might be 31 but at least he still only looks 15.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Jul 2012 17:49

You don't need a FIFA pro coaching licence to work out that you just need to stick a pacey winger up against Shorey or Harte to totally destroy Reading down that flank.

Don't get me wrong, Shorey and Harte are decent players, but when you're up against Antonio Valencia, you need to have a left back with a bit of pace. It's ok to play these two against sides who don't have so much pace on the right wing.....

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 10 Jul 2012 17:51

Great news - Sprog 2 can now re-cycle Sprog 1's England shirt with 'Shorey' on the back.

Also - in the training pictures on the OS.. who is the player with an Alice band in his blond locks (Mills v2.0 ?)

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 10 Jul 2012 17:55

No Fixed Abode You don't need a FIFA pro coaching licence to work out that you just need to stick a pacey winger up against Cashley Cole to totally destroy Chelsea down that flank.

Corrected for you

MM

by MM » 10 Jul 2012 17:56

Welcome back Nicky and good luck for the season.

Disappointing that so many people have small minds and store up so much hate, but I guess it's typical of football fans generally.

Will it work out? Who knows, but he gets my support and best wishes and I'd prefer to judge the success or otherwise after the event and not before it.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 10 Jul 2012 17:59

MM Welcome back Nicky and good luck for the season.

Disappointing that so many people have small minds and store up so much hate, but I guess it's typical of football fans generally.

Will it work out? Who knows, but he gets my support and best wishes and I'd prefer to judge the success or otherwise after the event and not before it.

I think I'm gonna be sick :shock:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Jul 2012 17:59

SWLR
No Fixed Abode You don't need a FIFA pro coaching licence to work out that you just need to stick a pacey winger up against Cashley Cole to totally destroy Chelsea down that flank.

Corrected for you

Ashley Cole, perhaps the best left back in the World? :|

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 10 Jul 2012 18:06

No Fixed Abode You don't need a FIFA pro coaching licence to work out that you just need to stick a pacey winger up against Shorey or Harte to totally destroy Reading down that flank.

Don't get me wrong, Shorey and Harte are decent players, but when you're up against Antonio Valencia, you need to have a left back with a bit of pace. It's ok to play these two against sides who don't have so much pace on the right wing.....

in general that's so obvious it's not true but.... it didn't really happen last year as McAnuff did the covering job. I can see the sense in having like-for-like cover for Harte - if your 1st choice left back is deathly slow and your team is set up to allow for that, why play someone really quick there and change the team dynamic?

especially if they're good at actually kicking the football

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Jul 2012 18:11

Wax Jacket
Green Interesting how "resigned" (rezined) and "resigned" (re signed) are spelt the same but mean very different things.

Well I thought so.

that thought occurs to me maybe twice a year actually

Yep same here - in fact, I wrote an email to non-HNA people earlier about this and deleted "resigned" and replaced it with "rejoined" for purposes of clarity

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jul 2012 18:14

No Fixed Abode You don't need a FIFA pro coaching licence to work out that you just need to stick a pacey winger up against Shorey or Harte to totally destroy Reading down that flank.

Murty wasn't pacey and he didn't do too bad against Ronaldo (or anyone else for that matter) considering the gulf in class. Pace helps, nouce is more important.

Oh and Welcome back Shorey. I hope to see you recapture your former glory with us.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Jul 2012 18:17

Barry the bird boggler Time to move this to The Team.

Would that i could.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Jul 2012 18:19

No Fixed Abode
SWLR

Corrected for you

Ashley Cole, perhaps the left back best in the world at letting his country down? :|

Corrected.

376 posts