Back from the miracle

288 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Back from the miracle

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2013 17:06

Back from the internet I should say. If Anton ain't going to spend money, why should I. I actually earned mine you see.

Having said that I wish I had gone!! Unbelievable victory.

Feds 7. Couple of good saves, didn't do much wrong.
Gunter 6. Not amazing, but not awful.
Harte 6. Not sh*t surprisingly. Actually watching him closely he put in some awesome balls. Still as I say a good attacking player but just not a left back. Can't fault him today though.
Pearce 7. Quite solid.
Maps 7 quite solid.
Mcanuff 6. Was bullied a bit by jones so did ok. He wasn't bad to be fair. When he came into the centre he did a lot better. Te left side is not a fair position for him.
Carico 4. An excellent clever pass when attacking as a positive. Let's not talk about negatives. He was simply embarrassing.
Needs match fitness but I am see promise.
Karacan 7 worked hard, good tackles.
Guthrie 7. Actually put in quite a few awesome passes. His quality is there.
Kebe 8. An enigma. Awesome then rubbish then awesome. He changed the game. Typical kebe.
Pavel 9. Quite possibly the best finisher I've seen play for reading, and I've watched Cureton and Alfie play. give him half a chance and it's in. We MUST give this guy service.

Mcleary- 6.5. Was ok on the left.
Le fondre 7 Super sub. Hm coming on changed the game.

Brian - 9. BALLS to play Carico when not match fit. But even more balls to take him off so early. Yet more balls still to go for the win. Brian you can keep us up.

UpNorth

Re: Back from the miracle

by UpNorth » 12 Jan 2013 17:15

Generous for Feds - he should have stopped their second.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 12 Jan 2013 17:18

Bit harsh on carrico

was his first game and despite leaving some big gaps the lad done ok

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 12 Jan 2013 17:22

Feds 6. Good save at 0-0, but poor for their 2nd
Gunter 5. Poor
Harte 7. Solid
Pearce 7. Solid
Maps 7. Solid
Mcanuff 6. A few good moments, needs to work on crossing though
Carico 5. Not fit, showed a lot of promise though.
Karacan 7. Solid
Guthrie 7.5. Good passing
Kebe 8. Would have been a 6 if it wasn't for winning a pen and scoring. Was poor otherwise. Needs to work on crossing.
Pavel 8. Gave them problems all day long. When the ball is played on the ground he is superb. Not his fault if he gets long balls pinged at him constantly.

Mcleary- 8. Game changer for me. Turned Jones (their RB) inside out on numerous occasions, should have scored though.
Le fondre 7. Good composure for the pen.

RobRoyale

by RobRoyale » 12 Jan 2013 17:28

The band: -10
This lot are an embarrassment to the club and I despise hearing them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2013 17:29

Federici - 7 super save at 0-0, beaten at the near post for the second, but I'd lay more fault on Mariappa.
Gunter - 6 ok, our problem wasn't down the right today... needs to cross better.
Harte - 5 poor set pieces, gave the ball away easily too often
Pearce - 8 Only defender with any real credit in the bank today, checked by Lukaku for the first goal, great run to their box :lol:
Mariappa - 5 ok on the whole, but absolutely gifted Lukaku number two, stood off and just stepped across so he could cut inside and shoot at the whole goal.
Carrico - 5 touch and passing on the whole not bad, not up to speed and poor positioning.
Karacan - 6.5 poor first half, chasing shadows and mis-using the ball, second half winning second balls and keeping pressure up before subbed.
Guthrie - 5 loose telegraphed passing, weak shots, generally just poor
McAnuff - 5.5 as usual, out of the game once moved inside, some flashes, but just so short of confidence its frightening.
Kebe - 8 MotM first half poor, slowed down attacks not really in the game, second half excellent, scored, won a pen and supported the attack
Pog - 7 worked hard, but got stupid service he had little chance with, some loose passes and then a super finish to win the game

McCleary - 8 some poor crossing but stretched them with pace and started getting space as they switched off, ended up putting in dangerous balls we could win the clearances off.
ALF - 8 superb dummy for Kebe for the first, such a cool penalty. I love this guy.

McDermott - 7 not sure his decisions were all right, but I put most of the poor performance mainly down to the players for a change and even if I didn't think he necessarily got both subs 100% right, they bloody worked, and that's all that matters
Ref - 8 don't think he got a lot wrong at all.

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 12 Jan 2013 17:34

Apalling game tbh until the last ten.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2013 17:48

Ian Royal Guthrie - 5 loose telegraphed passing, weak shots, generally just poor

:shock: :shock:

You cannot be serious!

Loose telegraphed passing?!!

Even if they were on occasions 'telegraphed' it matters not a jot when those passes are to the feet or just in front of one of your team mates who is in open space!

Good control, cool in possession, some simple effective passes mixed up with some fantastic more ambitious passes - one in partcular lifted over their defence and over McAnuff's shoulder and into his stride as he broke into the right side of their area. Unfortunately McAnuff's control let him down and he flicked the ball up onto his body and away from him.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 12 Jan 2013 17:53

Season changing result.... nuff said!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2013 17:54

Yes, serious. First half he gave the ball away too easily far too often. Second half he was better, but all I really saw him do was hit tame shots from outside the box. I expect better of him.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 12 Jan 2013 17:54

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal Guthrie - 5 loose telegraphed passing, weak shots, generally just poor

:shock: :shock:

You cannot be serious!

Loose telegraphed passing?!!

Even if they were on occasions 'telegraphed' it matters not a jot when those passes are to the feet or just in front of one of your team mates who is in open space!

Good control, cool in possession, some simple effective passes mixed up with some fantastic more ambitious passes - one in partcular lifted over their defence and over McAnuff's shoulder and into his stride as he broke into the right side of their area. Unfortunately McAnuff's control let him down and he flicked the ball up onto his body and away from him.

guthrie controlled the midfield today was excellent

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 12 Jan 2013 17:54

Ian Royal Yes, serious. First half he gave the ball away too easily far too often. Second half he was better, but all I really saw him do was hit tame shots from outside the box. I expect better of him.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Jan 2013 17:55

We have had a result like this at this time of year every season Mcdermott has been boss.

And we all know what usually happens next.

Fingers crossed.

Not giving ratings.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2013 17:57

Ian Royal Yes, serious. First half he gave the ball away too easily far too often. Second half he was better, but all I really saw him do was hit tame shots from outside the box. I expect better of him.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2013 17:58

From the BBC Sport website:

Referee Mark Halsey is being booed off at Villa Park while an 80-year-old women dances incredibly badly in the stands at the Madejski Stadium. I wonder how crucial those two results will be at the end of the season? Aston Villa can feel hard done by after losing to a disputed penalty against Southampton while Reading have produced a victory out of nowhere after being outclassed by West Brom for the majority of the match.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Jan 2013 17:59

RoyalBlue From the BBC Sport website:

Referee Mark Halsey is being booed off at Villa Park while an 80-year-old women dances incredibly badly in the stands at the Madejski Stadium. I wonder how crucial those two results will be at the end of the season? Aston Villa can feel hard done by after losing to a disputed penalty against Southampton while Reading have produced a victory out of nowhere after being outclassed by West Brom for the majority of the match.

...Royal Lady... :?

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 12 Jan 2013 18:00

Royal Prince Season changing result.... nuff said!

We'll look back on this day as the day we thought we wouldn't get relegated.

It's the hope etc

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Jan 2013 18:01

Ian Royal Federici - 7 super save at 0-0, beaten at the near post for the second, but I'd lay more fault on Mariappa.
Gunter - 6 ok, our problem wasn't down the right today... needs to cross better.
Harte - 5 poor set pieces, gave the ball away easily too often
Pearce - 8 Only defender with any real credit in the bank today, checked by Lukaku for the first goal, great run to their box :lol:
Mariappa - 5 ok on the whole, but absolutely gifted Lukaku number two, stood off and just stepped across so he could cut inside and shoot at the whole goal.
Carrico - 5 touch and passing on the whole not bad, not up to speed and poor positioning.
Karacan - 6.5 poor first half, chasing shadows and mis-using the ball, second half winning second balls and keeping pressure up before subbed.
Guthrie - 5 loose telegraphed passing, weak shots, generally just poor
McAnuff - 5.5 as usual, out of the game once moved inside, some flashes, but just so short of confidence its frightening.
Kebe - 8 MotM first half poor, slowed down attacks not really in the game, second half excellent, scored, won a pen and supported the attack
Pog - 7 worked hard, but got stupid service he had little chance with, some loose passes and then a super finish to win the game

McCleary - 8 some poor crossing but stretched them with pace and started getting space as they switched off, ended up putting in dangerous balls we could win the clearances off.
ALF - 8 superb dummy for Kebe for the first, such a cool penalty. I love this guy.

McDermott - 7 not sure his decisions were all right, but I put most of the poor performance mainly down to the players for a change and even if I didn't think he necessarily got both subs 100% right, they bloody worked, and that's all that matters
Ref - 8 don't think he got a lot wrong at all.

Were you actually at the game or is this based on listening to it?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2013 18:01

And for those who moan about our support, also from BBC Sport:

Spurred on by a raucous home crowd, Reading sealed their comeback in the final minute of normal time when Pogrebnyak bundled in a knock-down from Alex Pearce past Foster.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Jan 2013 18:02

Appalling for 80 minutes, then jam a goal and hell breaks loose. Well done to all for the never say die attitude at least.

Guthrie was mom.

Desperately need to add something in attack somewhere though, not sure what but something is needed

288 posts