Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by sandman » 06 Dec 2015 22:52

Winston Smith
genome
CountryRoyal When he went we were already as good as down

We were four points off safety with 9 games to go, not sure I agree with that.

Doesn't matter m8, his record has long since been re-written on hna. He is close to being history's biggest monster on here some days.

Not just here either.

Would anyone really want to give success to fans who say stuff like this,

"I'll support Swindon & set fire to the Madejski Stadium if that fat bald prick is re-appointed. He's a scout, a shit one at that"

:?:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 06 Dec 2015 22:54

RoyallyFcuked He wasn't really a Premier League manager

That's not what it says here ^^^ 8)

Does anyone begrudge Burnley for sticking with Sean Dyche? Is he 'not really a Premier League manager' either? :?

The way they've stuck with him shows loyalty & class. Football fans & commentators used to compliment Reading for showing similar traits. However, JCL owners & fans alike continue to show zero class; exhibiting the kind of spoilt entitlement to Premier League success that gives North Stand Chat wet dreams.

We are Reading. We will always be mediocre... but I say lets do it with class. It's the Reading way.
Last edited by Cureton's Volley on 06 Dec 2015 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Dec 2015 22:54

Sandmong you blatantly just made that up...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Dec 2015 22:56

Sadly not C[u]ntyRoyal.

https://twitter.com/lordcks?lang=en-gb

Poor lad obviously missed the ghey off the front of his twatter name.
Last edited by sandman on 07 Dec 2015 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Dec 2015 22:58

So who posted it, when, and where?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Dec 2015 23:23

Try clicking the link he gave you.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Dec 2015 23:59

genome Try clicking the link he gave you.

Because I obviously would have asked if he'd posted a oxf*rd link. :|

Cheeky edit from him.

When I posted there was no link, I should have quoted him.

Don't be so quick to be an idiot.

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 07 Dec 2015 00:34

CountryRoyal
Don't be so quick to be an idiot.

It is a race and you're all losers.

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 07 Dec 2015 07:22

Cureton's Volley

Does anyone begrudge Burnley for sticking with Sean Dyche? Is he 'not really a Premier League manager' either? :?

The way they've stuck with him shows loyalty & class. Football fans & commentators used to compliment Reading for showing similar traits. However, JCL owners & fans alike continue to show zero class; exhibiting the kind of spoilt entitlement to Premier League success that gives North Stand Chat wet dreams.

We are Reading. We will always be mediocre... but I say lets do it with class. It's the Reading way.

Brian got us to the Premier, and was getting a job done for a while. There is no way that he wanted the Pog as his first choice striker. That was an owner's call. What did that cost him on his own want list? I was......and still am surprised at how many Reading 'fans' turned on him. I still believe that if RFC had stayed with him, he would have built a dynasty. He loved the Club and it is that part of him that permeated on to the Players. They were prepared to play out of their skins for h I'm.

There has not been a Manager who has been able to get the same out of the RFC Players since.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Dec 2015 09:36

Royal Bahamas
Cureton's Volley

Brian got us to the Premier, and was getting a job done for a while. There is no way that he wanted the Pog as his first choice striker. That was an owner's call. What did that cost him on his own want list? I was......and still am surprised at how many Reading 'fans' turned on him. I still believe that if RFC had stayed with him, he would have built a dynasty. He loved the Club and it is that part of him that permeated on to the Players. They were prepared to play out of their skins for h I'm.

There has not been a Manager who has been able to get the same out of the RFC Players since.

Probably what turned many supporters heads on BM was the lack of hindsight on the non existent finances and the whole lot off non money BM had to spend.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Dec 2015 09:37

genome

Unfortunately I think we were nailed on irrespective of the points difference we didn't look anywhere near capable of turning it round.

When he was sacked hadn't we just lost 4 or 5 on the spin including 6 pointers against fellow strugglers Wigan and Villa. The 3-0 loss to Wigan was as bad a result as any I've ever seen as a Reading fan and pretty much sealed McDermott's fate.

It's a shame he had to go, and things obviously didn't improve under Adkins but I still think McDermott had been given a fair crack of the whip. If the club wasn't Zingarvich's play thing and all the associated changes then sticking with McDermott probably would've made some sense. It didn't in the reality of the situation though. That's a shame because he seemingly was (or still is I assume) a nice bloke with the best interests of the club at heart.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Dec 2015 10:40

he deserved the chance to bring us back up

getting rid was the most damaging and shameful part of antons reign of error

imo.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 07 Dec 2015 10:56

Hoop Blah
genome

Unfortunately I think we were nailed on irrespective of the points difference we didn't look anywhere near capable of turning it round.

The owner seemed to take that opinion as well, which was the most foolish part of his sacking. BM's reign was all about achievement from seemingly hopeless positions. Whether that be in individual games to turning whole seasons around when everything looked lost. Right back from Day 1, getting stuffed 4-1 at Plymouth, we looked relegation fodder. Countless games we never looked like winning but we did. 4 pts from opening 6 games, name your price on us winning the league. Never give up. But we did give up on him didn't we? And that's why we are where we are now.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Dec 2015 11:09

I think we're where we are now because of a multitude of reasons.

Not sticking with McDermott is quite low down on that list of reasons IMO.

I don't think you can criticise the conclusion that McDermott was taking us down, especially after the Wigan and Villa defeats, and the nature of them.. Criticise the decision to sake him off the back of that conclusion by all means, but there was no way we were going to turn things around under McDermott.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Dec 2015 11:43

Hoop Blah I think we're where we are now because of a multitude of reasons.

Not sticking with McDermott is quite low down on that list of reasons IMO.

I don't think you can criticise the conclusion that McDermott was taking us down, especially after the Wigan and Villa defeats, and the nature of them.. Criticise the decision to sake him off the back of that conclusion by all means, but there was no way we were going to turn things around under McDermott.

:|

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 07 Dec 2015 11:46

Christ on a f*cking bike. is this still going?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Dec 2015 11:46

You know it's true brendy!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Dec 2015 12:11

I suspect its true. im just questioning the No Way.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 07 Dec 2015 12:47

Hoop Blah I don't think you can criticise the conclusion that McDermott was taking us down, especially after the Wigan and Villa defeats, and the nature of them.. Criticise the decision to sake him off the back of that conclusion by all means, but there was no way we were going to turn things around under McDermott.

Wigan was McDermott's worst game.
From the pre-match press conference to the post match press conference he messed up that weekend.

What made it feel worse was that we had all our nearest rivals at home in a row and lost all of them. But whereas some people would say thats indicative of McDermott, others would say it was indicative of the club at the time. And given the following manager did indeed take us down, and the then owner has since buggered off with the proceeds - Im inclined to agree with the latter. Especially as I was there and it was quite, quite obvious the club was in a bad place.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2015 13:05

Dr_Hfuhruhurr the then owner has since buggered off with the proceeds

No, he's buggered off thoroughly humbled and having lost both much of his personal fortune and a sizeable portion of his inheritance.

"The proceeds" were massive losses.

3714 posts