Carrico Watch

672 posts
Elm Park Pasty

Re: Carrico Watch

by Elm Park Pasty » 15 Jul 2013 14:07

Would presume that fact Carrico has gone to Portugal means the club haven't closed the door on him if a suitable deal is not agreed, either that or the players wanted him along to know where the best haunts were.

Can imagine Carrico sitting there with the others, as Nigel walks in and goes 'Right lads pre-season training in Portugal, Lisbon in fact!!!' All the players laugh and smile at the thought of a week in the sun, except Carrico, who sits at the back thinking, 'Rub it in, why oxf*rd don't you??!!'

ddetisi

by ddetisi » 15 Jul 2013 15:50

http://www.sevillafc.es/nuevaweb/actual ... cias/29605

Translation is pretty terrible. But Sevilla confirming the move on their OS

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 15 Jul 2013 15:51

ddetisi http://www.sevillafc.es/nuevaweb/actualidad/noticias/29605

Translation is pretty terrible. But Sevilla confirming the move on their OS

Was just in the middle of posting. Not sure what to say to that.

I'd say let the oxf*rd rot. Seems disrespectful spouting how desperate he is in wanting to leave Reading.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 15 Jul 2013 16:25

Can't speak Spanish, but did they sign him from Crystal Palace?

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 15 Jul 2013 16:48

News» News News 15 July 2013 the President confirms the signing of CARRICO and output of Hood 'is traveling to Seville', reviewed in addition to other topics, the President confirmed two news, one the imminent addition of Carrico, and another, the departure of Bell. With respect to the first name, the nest has confirmed that the player will be in town soon: "Carrico is travelling to Seville". In addition to the arrival of this player, has also spoken and confirmed campaign output to English football: "you know, because the Deputy Director General Deportivo said, we made him an offer and did not accept." He wanted to go. We accept that his representative put it on the market and has reached an agreement with Crystal Palace for about two million, more awards and a percentage in a future transfer. It is logical that today is signed and morning trip to the United Kingdom to pass the medical tests. I, when I sit in the armchair of President, try to be objective. When a youth squad a renewal offer is made and does not accept it, the offer of English football, it is better for the three parties, yes we have accepted it. Attributing responsibility to the club or technicians would be very simple. Campaign was going to star and unfortunately has not triumphed. We have done everything possible to get it. I have come to say to the coaches who had a lineup of ten footballers; that had to play or play... I spoke to that play campaign, understanding what I mean by these words. What are we doing more? Circumstances of fate and football. We want to campaign out at Crystal Palace because it is a product of our. It is true that campaign was not one that was going to leave but is to incorporate in the next hours a footballer who plays there and I think we're covered because everything done indicate that Guarente is." Department press Sevilla F.C.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 15 Jul 2013 16:53

madreadingfan News» News News 15 July 2013 the President confirms the signing of CARRICO and output of Hood 'is traveling to Seville', reviewed in addition to other topics, the President confirmed two news, one the imminent addition of Carrico, and another, the departure of Bell. With respect to the first name, the nest has confirmed that the player will be in town soon: "Carrico is travelling to Seville". In addition to the arrival of this player, has also spoken and confirmed campaign output to English football: "you know, because the Deputy Director General Deportivo said, we made him an offer and did not accept." He wanted to go. We accept that his representative put it on the market and has reached an agreement with Crystal Palace for about two million, more awards and a percentage in a future transfer. It is logical that today is signed and morning trip to the United Kingdom to pass the medical tests. I, when I sit in the armchair of President, try to be objective. When a youth squad a renewal offer is made and does not accept it, the offer of English football, it is better for the three parties, yes we have accepted it. Attributing responsibility to the club or technicians would be very simple. Campaign was going to star and unfortunately has not triumphed. We have done everything possible to get it. I have come to say to the coaches who had a lineup of ten footballers; that had to play or play... I spoke to that play campaign, understanding what I mean by these words. What are we doing more? Circumstances of fate and football. We want to campaign out at Crystal Palace because it is a product of our. It is true that campaign was not one that was going to leave but is to incorporate in the next hours a footballer who plays there and I think we're covered because everything done indicate that Guarente is." Department press Sevilla F.C.

who is going to Palace?

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 15 Jul 2013 16:56

Unbelievable Jeff
madreadingfan News» News News 15 July 2013 the President confirms the signing of CARRICO and output of Hood 'is traveling to Seville', reviewed in addition to other topics, the President confirmed two news, one the imminent addition of Carrico, and another, the departure of Bell. With respect to the first name, the nest has confirmed that the player will be in town soon: "Carrico is travelling to Seville". In addition to the arrival of this player, has also spoken and confirmed campaign output to English football: "you know, because the Deputy Director General Deportivo said, we made him an offer and did not accept." He wanted to go. We accept that his representative put it on the market and has reached an agreement with Crystal Palace for about two million, more awards and a percentage in a future transfer. It is logical that today is signed and morning trip to the United Kingdom to pass the medical tests. I, when I sit in the armchair of President, try to be objective. When a youth squad a renewal offer is made and does not accept it, the offer of English football, it is better for the three parties, yes we have accepted it. Attributing responsibility to the club or technicians would be very simple. Campaign was going to star and unfortunately has not triumphed. We have done everything possible to get it. I have come to say to the coaches who had a lineup of ten footballers; that had to play or play... I spoke to that play campaign, understanding what I mean by these words. What are we doing more? Circumstances of fate and football. We want to campaign out at Crystal Palace because it is a product of our. It is true that campaign was not one that was going to leave but is to incorporate in the next hours a footballer who plays there and I think we're covered because everything done indicate that Guarente is." Department press Sevilla F.C.

who is going to Palace?

One of Sevilla players for 2 mil

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 15 Jul 2013 17:15

Sevilla have confirmed midfielder Jose Campana is on the verge of a move to Crystal Palace. The Spanish club have given Campana permission to hold talks and undergo a medical at Palace after agreeing a €2million (£1.7m) fee for his services.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 15 Jul 2013 18:36

I speak Spanish, it only says they will be signing Carrico, no quotes from anybody though.

Campana wanted to leave, he is flying over for a medical at Palace. They said that they were positive he was going to be a star at Sevilla and that he was a guaranteed starter this season but rejected a new contract. He is a product of their academy and they wish him luck only for that reason.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 15 Jul 2013 20:29

Club have just confirmed on Facebook that Carrico has arrived in Sevilla for a medical ahead of a loan move.

Wonder if Sevilla's medical team make thee same mistakes.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Jul 2013 20:35

What a joke. How do we benefit from this? I am convinced he will be a success at Sevilla.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 15 Jul 2013 20:50

Well I for one hope we draw Sevilla in the 2015/16 Champions League so I can boo him heartily on his return to the 70,000 seater Mad Stad.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 15 Jul 2013 20:58

Ian Royal, responding to peterroyal76, :| Getting something wrong doesn't automatically make someone incompetent. Do you have to put much effort into being this dense and contrary, or does it come naturally?

Well, he did write "He must of" - That, to me, automatically gets a dismissal. Not worth wasting time writing a response to.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Jul 2013 22:17

Confirmed by the club on Twitter.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 15 Jul 2013 22:43

it does make you wonder why he is leaving on loan to a top Spanish side, came from a top Portuguese side and couldn't get a game for us....strange move

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 15 Jul 2013 23:15

I think it's a real shame that he's leaving as I would loved to have seen what a fully fit Carrico is capable of. As others have mentioned, to have come from Sporting Lisbon and then get a loan move to Sevilla after a season of no football must mean he has some decent talent.

The knee injuries did not help clearly in that he was never fully fi to play. Having moved from a foreign country aged 24, to then not play and instead be stuck in the physio room must've made his transition to English football and the UK more generally a difficult and depressing process. When he did play though we were always told that he was a midfielder, despite playing his whole career, save for a few cameo roles in the middle, as a centre back. This is a line the clubs press office still use in their official communications.

What I would love to see is a fully fit and integrated Carrico given a chance at centre back. In the new world that is a Reading FC passing game, surely Nigel Adkins would love a footballing centre back with the ability, experience and leadership qualities that Carrico possesses. In his first interview at the club he stated that he was a hard tackling ball winner so would not be out of place in the ruff and tumble Championship. So send him out on loan rather than sell him, especially to a side playing at a far higher standard, just seems a terribly sad waste. Emerse Fae flopped because of a terrible attitude, Matejovsky found the pace and physical elements of English football to much, Carrico unfortunately just hasn't been given a chance when fit.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 15 Jul 2013 23:49

Yeah, or he comes back after our promotion as a rejuvenated player and slots straight back in.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 15 Jul 2013 23:53

Is he contracted for another 2 seasons? If we go straight back up he could stay and in the mean time we have his wages off our books.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jul 2013 00:36

2015, can be extended by a year

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Jul 2013 08:11

I think it's highly unlikely that he'll come back other than to complete some formal transfer necessities.

672 posts