QPR (H) Match Thread, sponsored by the wooden spoon

197 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: QPR (H) Match Thread, sponsored by the wooden spoon

by Royal Lady » 28 Apr 2013 17:13

URZZZZ How Blackman gets in the team is a joke. Based on today, he won't even be good enough for the champ

That's rubbish. He'll be fine in the championship and probably one of our better players eventually. Or are you the utter idiot who spent the whole game lambasting him from about Row Y in Y25?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Apr 2013 17:16

Royal Lady
URZZZZ How Blackman gets in the team is a joke. Based on today, he won't even be good enough for the champ

That's rubbish. He'll be fine in the championship and probably one of our better players eventually.

Seriously, on what are you basing that? When he joined us, he had scored 6 goals from open play in League One this season, from 20-odd games. And then people say he wants to play in the middle (where he predominantly did for Sheffield United). Add in the fact that he has looked like a League One player since he joined us, and I'm struggling to see much positive about this signing.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Apr 2013 17:18

He's not a premier league player - he's totally out of his depth, but that's not his fault - but from what I've seen of him, he'll be fine for us in the Championship - happy to be reminded of this come the end of next season if he's been completely useless.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Apr 2013 17:19

Royal Lady He's not a premier league player - he's totally out of his depth, but that's not his fault - but from what I've seen of him, he'll be fine for us in the Championship - happy to be reminded of this come the end of next season if he's been completely useless.

Fine, will be great if you're proven right, but I did ask what exactly you'd seen in him that gave you that impression?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Apr 2013 17:23

He's been shaky at times, but he's managed to have shots, tackled, tracked back - he's a rough diamond that's all.

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 28 Apr 2013 17:31

Royal Lady

That's rubbish. He'll be fine in the championship and probably one of our better players eventually. Or are you the utter idiot who spent the whole game lambasting him from about Row Y in Y25?

I heard this moron as well, looked over and was some teenager having a pop at him with sarcastic/abusive comments.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Apr 2013 17:32

Royal Lady He's been shaky at times, but he's managed to have shots, tackled, tracked back - he's a rough diamond that's all.

I noticed his tackle today. His passing ruled him out as a cm, his crossing ruled him out as a winger and Adkins clearly doesn't seem to rate him as a striker.
Maybe next game Adkins will give him a go at centre back, lol.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Apr 2013 17:34

BenSmith91
Royal Lady

I heard this moron as well, looked over and was some teenager having a pop at him with sarcastic/abusive comments.

I gave him, / heard others give him, a lot of criticism during the game and I was nowhere near Y25. Perhaps loads of people were criticising him simply because he was so rubbish.

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 28 Apr 2013 17:47

BenSmith91
Royal Lady

At least you don't sit in the North East corner. There's a family there on almost the back row (near the drummer) who are absolute morons. They now seem to hate so many players that they boo more of the line-up when it's read out than they cheer, and they were delighting in every little mistake Pog made today. They really are pathetic excuses for fans. They were really getting unnecessarily personal with their abuse of Leigertwood and Mcanuff a few weeks back, and seem so clueless about football and angry at Reading with some of the stuff they shout you have to wonder why they bother turning up at all. Doesn't help that one of the blokes sounds like Janice from Friends either.

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 28 Apr 2013 17:59

Would not be surprised if the woman behind me has sent death threats to Jobi and Mikele this season with some of her comments. Pretty much summed up her stupidity today when I heard her ask her bint of a friend where QPR was.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Apr 2013 18:03

Royal Lady

What's he shown so far. Dreadful passing, shooting, crossing, dribbling

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 28 Apr 2013 18:06

But Blackman does get in good positions, and he's only 23 playing - without doubt - out of his depth. Maybe a couple of seasons in the Championship might just develop his skills a bit more and we'll see then.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Apr 2013 18:13

kwik-silva But Blackman does get in good positions, and he's only 23 playing - without doubt - out of his depth. Maybe a couple of seasons in the Championship might just develop his skills a bit more and we'll see then.

At what age does a player lose the 'only' in front of their age?
As in he's 'only' 24 or he's 'only' 26 or he's 'only' 28
23 for a footballer doesn't seem that young to me.

If Dominic Samuel was given a hefty chance in the league then it would probably be fair enough for a few months or so to say he's "only 19". Would this be a valid excuse with Samuel 4 years later though?

larry1971

by larry1971 » 28 Apr 2013 18:16

Croydon Royal
BenSmith91 [quote="Royal LadyThat's rubbish. He'll be fine in the championship and probably one of our better players eventually. Or are you the utter idiot who spent the whole game lambasting im from about Row Y in Y25?

At least you don't sit in the North East corner. There's a family there on almost the back row (near the drummer) who are absolute morons. They now seem to hate so many players that they boo more of the line-up when it's read out than they cheer, and they were delighting in every little mistake Pog made today. They really are pathetic excuses for fans. They were really getting unnecessarily personal with their abuse of Leigertwood and Mcanuff a few weeks back, and seem so clueless about football and angry at Reading with some of the stuff they shout you have to wonder why they bother turning up at all. Doesn't help that one of the blokes sounds like Janice from Friends either.[/quote]

unfortunately all clubs have these idiotic fans who think they know everything. It'll just be interesting to see if they turn up next season now we're back in the Champioship.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Apr 2013 18:20

P!ssed Off
I gave him, / heard others give him, a lot of criticism during the game and I was nowhere near Y25. Perhaps loads of people were criticising him simply because he was so rubbish.

But it's NOT his fault! He's been started by Adkins. What's he meant to say "oh no, don't worry boss, I'm not very good, so I'd rather sit this one out?" - how some so-called fans can give some of our players so much grief is beyond me. Get behind them, spur them on, look for the positives - not shout out how bloody useless he is all the time. And that bloody woman sat behind me who moans at every move that EVERY player makes, STFU - how I didn't turn round and slap her one today is a mystery. She moans, moans, moans, expects players to get balls that are nowhere near them, moans if we don't win EVERY ball and then when the oppo are on the attack shouts "ha ha here we go, here we go" EVERY FUKKIN WEEK FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS. Then I heard her say she was worried about "her boys" today in their game and getting into Europe. REALLY winds me up. Sure, we've seen some diabolical excuses for a football "match" this season, but as always, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and the players we have are the players we have and we should back them until such time as Adkins is given the go ahead to spend the money he needs to improve the team. GRrrrrrr.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Apr 2013 18:32

Royal Lady
P!ssed Off

But it's NOT his fault! He's been started by Adkins. What's he meant to say "oh no, don't worry boss, I'm not very good, so I'd rather sit this one out?" - how some so-called fans can give some of our players so much grief is beyond me. Get behind them, spur them on, look for the positives - not shout out how bloody useless he is all the time. And that bloody woman sat behind me who moans at every move that EVERY player makes, STFU - how I didn't turn round and slap her one today is a mystery. She moans, moans, moans, expects players to get balls that are nowhere near them, moans if we don't win EVERY ball and then when the oppo are on the attack shouts "ha ha here we go, here we go" EVERY FUKKIN WEEK FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS. Then I heard her say she was worried about "her boys" today in their game and getting into Europe. REALLY winds me up. Sure, we've seen some diabolical excuses for a football "match" this season, but as always, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and the players we have are the players we have and we should back them until such time as Adkins is given the go ahead to spend the money he needs to improve the team. GRrrrrrr.

Most of the criticism at Blackman from where I was wasn't shouted in his face, simply the vast majority of people stating that they didn't think he was any good.
People are allowed to say he's crap, just as people are allowed to say he's good (though I would find this a strange comment).

I did shout two things about him actually now I think about it:
"Don't foul throw!", just before he actually did foul throw, maybe I put him off my bad.
Also shouted "He's not a winger!", aimed at Adkins though, after Blackman mucked up one particularly promising move in the first half.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 28 Apr 2013 18:37

larry1971
Croydon Royal
BenSmith91 [quote="Royal LadyThat's rubbish. He'll be fine in the championship and probably one of our better players eventually. Or are you the utter idiot who spent the whole game lambasting im from about Row Y in Y25?

At least you don't sit in the North East corner. There's a family there on almost the back row (near the drummer) who are absolute morons. They now seem to hate so many players that they boo more of the line-up when it's read out than they cheer, and they were delighting in every little mistake Pog made today. They really are pathetic excuses for fans. They were really getting unnecessarily personal with their abuse of Leigertwood and Mcanuff a few weeks back, and seem so clueless about football and angry at Reading with some of the stuff they shout you have to wonder why they bother turning up at all. Doesn't help that one of the blokes sounds like Janice from Friends either.

unfortunately all clubs have these idiotic fans who think they know everything. It'll just be interesting to see if they turn up next season now we're back in the Champioship.[/quote]

Actually one of the good things about today is that RFC "fans" who only came this season to see the likes of Chelsea, Arse, MU and the likes and derided our players when they were not up to such illustrious company, wont be there next year. And good feckin' ridence.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Apr 2013 18:41

Good for you. My point is that slagging off someone like Blackman just shows you up to not understand what's happening at this club. Sure, if we'd paid £50m for RVP and he played like shite, give him grief. But Blackman was chosen to start, he has done his best, but he is NOT a premier league standard player. I'm certain that come next season, should he be chosen to play, he'll feel far more comfortable. We're in a transitional period - I can see that Adkins has already managed to instill more confidence and a different style of play amongst the players - a lot of our players are not Premier League quality, but that's what we've had and they've done their best.

I absolutely believe that every single player out there for us worked their socks off for the team, as best they could - whether it was to Premier league standard is a different thing altogether. I don't care what our results are, if I've seen the players give their all - when they look disinterested and lazy is the time to slag them off, if that's your bag.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Apr 2013 18:56

Royal Lady Good for you. My point is that slagging off someone like Blackman just shows you up to not understand what's happening at this club. Sure, if we'd paid £50m for RVP and he played like shite, give him grief. But Blackman was chosen to start, he has done his best, but he is NOT a premier league standard player. I'm certain that come next season, should he be chosen to play, he'll feel far more comfortable. We're in a transitional period - I can see that Adkins has already managed to instill more confidence and a different style of play amongst the players - a lot of our players are not Premier League quality, but that's what we've had and they've done their best.

I absolutely believe that every single player out there for us worked their socks off for the team, as best they could - whether it was to Premier league standard is a different thing altogether. I don't care what our results are, if I've seen the players give their all - when they look disinterested and lazy is the time to slag them off, if that's your bag.

I don't agree with a lot of this "it's not his fault, he's not good enough" talk that surrounds most of our players.

If I see a player giving an 8/10 one week and the next week a 6/10 then I know for a fact that they can and are good enough to play 8/10 the second week; they have clearly not performed to the best of their ability.
When a player plays less than their potential then more often than not it is 'their fault'

In regards to Blackman, I don't think Adkins is a complete simpleton, Blackman must have shown in training that he is at least better at playing on the wing than we've seen on the pitch so far therefore I think Blackman 'can do better' and hold him at least partly responsible for not doing so.

Also - as many people have pointed out, today was essentially two championship teams with predominantly championship quality players, so whether or not Blackman is 'Premier League standard' is fairly irrelevant for analysis of today's game.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Apr 2013 19:22

Looking on paper at our team v QPR team, they should have bossed us off the pitch and scored a hatful. But they didn't. I reckon we have maybe 3 or 4 players in our SQUAD who would do ok in another Prem team. QPR have an abundance of players who should be performing and aren't/haven't. I know which fan of which team I'd rather be right now.

Blackman came from League 1 didn't he? He was clearly picked by McD as one for the future and he's still young and a raw talent - Adkins can mould him into his style of play and bring him on imo. I still do not believe that anyone in RFC's team today played under par - they all gave as good as they could and that is the most pleasing thing in this sorry scenario imo.

197 posts