Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by SCIAG » 15 Jan 2020 10:07

Who even are Reading anyway? It's the sort of place you forget has a football team.

He’s not wrong, but that’s a bit rich coming from Blackpool.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Jan 2020 10:37

SCIAG
Who even are Reading anyway? It's the sort of place you forget has a football team.

He’s not wrong, but that’s a bit rich coming from Blackpool.

I let comments like that wash over me. I take pride in being the scruffy underdog club, it makes it even sweeter when you stick a spanner in the spokes of so called glamour clubs. Although in the case of Blackpool you would have to rub pretty Oxford hard to see the glamour, or be 70+years old!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jan 2020 10:57

Yeah, but even in football terms, the "glamour" of Blackpool is a balding 38 year old in a cup final.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 11:05

Hound
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hound With a bit of planning I think Reading would be a decent away day. Generally pretty easy to get to the town - loads of decent pubs there, the hop on the bus for 3pm

I’d have thought the away end would be pretty good as well - good views, good atmosphere when they sing

Can understand that Berkshire isn’t the most exciting place in the world though, and Reading does have a bit of a rep for being dull. Probably a little unfair tbh, I’m not sure it’s drastically different to most town/cities of similar size

Reading IS a decent away day. Plenty of Away fans enjoy coming here. Youd have to come by train, though and, outside London, its one of the easiest places to get to by Train. Its the car drivers that have a pretty soulless experience. Park up in the car park and watch a game in a stadium thats identikit nowadays with nothing to do beforehand or afters.

Oh, for later posts - I would disagree Nottingham is a shithole. Forest away also used to be one of Reading fan's favourite away games.

Nottingham away is a thoroughly decent day out. The centre of Nottingham is pretty lively and some good pubs etc

It’s some shitty parts on the outskirts (some proper rough), but then what city doesn’t?

Again, perhaps if you train up there or stay in a hotel over night in the centre. Last time I went up there we drove, parked on a dodgy looking side street in a shitty industrial estate, fairly certain several wheels and other parts would be missing on our return. Went to the game, bore 0:0 Draw - back to car, made a quick getaway in shock that the car was still in one piece and headed to the nearest service station for dinner due to lack of available near by eateries. I imagine this is a similar experience to anyone visiting the Mad Stad by car. Basically - don't drive to away days.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jan 2020 22:19

FFS. Can we just not play Reading again please.

Mentally weak, getting outplayed by oxf*rd Reading.

I mean, for oxf*rd’s sake Reading are no great shakes, they’re about as threatening as the average oxf*rd sock.

A team that fancies itself a tilt at automatic promotion should be beating them. Handily. That sounds disrespectful, well, it is, so do one any biscuit munchers reading, but stop making excuses for Forest‘s inability to kill off games when on top.

Beautiful.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Jan 2020 23:11

I'm sorry but if we are serious about our play off push we need to be beating tinpot teams like Forest. I mean Grabban is their most threatening player ffs.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jan 2020 23:55

Jagermesiter1871 I'm sorry but if we are serious about our play off push we need to be beating tinpot teams like Forest. I mean Grabban is their most threatening player ffs.

You're not wrong. Lewis oxf*rd Grabban :lol:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Jan 2020 07:47

Jagermesiter1871 I'm sorry but if we are serious about our play off push we need to be beating tinpot teams like Forest. I mean Grabban is their most threatening player ffs.

Great assist/shot from Ameobi for their goal. Their keeper really got revenge on us too. He failed narrowly to give us a goal in the first half but fair play, he stuck at it and gave us one in the end.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 07:50

You're so dull and deluded....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2020 08:31

Old Man Andrews

Interesting way of standing up for yourself and defending being bullied.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 08:33

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Be quiet Ian, not interested in hearing your opinion on anything.

He made a stupid comment about a team well above us in the league and you have defended it. Sums you up.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 23 Jan 2020 08:47

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews You're so dull and deluded....

He made a stupid comment about a team well above us in the league and you have defended it. Sums you up.

Talking of stupid comments, remind us who said "100% Reading will lose to Forest" ? 100%.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 08:52

Barney
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Interesting way of standing up for yourself and defending being bullied.

Talking of stupid comments, remind us who said "100% Reading will lose to Forest" ? 100%.

We were about to until Baldock scored. I was technically correct.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 23 Jan 2020 09:17

Fighting a losing battle on two fronts there old bean.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Jan 2020 10:10

Old Man Andrews
Barney
Old Man Andrews Be quiet Ian, not interested in hearing your opinion on anything.

I've been racking my brain to find a reason, any reason, why you might be 'technically' correct.
Not seeing it yet.

According to you, Leeds are the best side in the division despite the fact that they are not top. You claim that you can only judge when the competition is over. In which case, you can only judge whether we lost in a particular game when the game is over.

You appear to be moving the goalposts out of the stadium and into the next county.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2020 10:16

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews
Barney

I've been racking my brain to find a reason, any reason, why you might be 'technically' correct.
Not seeing it yet.

According to you, Leeds are the best side in the division despite the fact that they are not top. You claim that you can only judge when the competition is over. In which case, you can only judge whether we lost in a particular game when the game is over.

You appear to be moving the goalposts out of the stadium and into the next county.

You must be new here, this is OMA.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jan 2020 10:16

Not so sure about moving the goalposts, I think hes playing a completely different game.

Only goes to prove you can lead a horse to water.......

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2020 10:18

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews
Barney

Not seeing it yet.

Leeds are the best side in the division, well said.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Jan 2020 10:59

Old Man Andrews
Barney
Old Man Andrews Be quiet Ian, not interested in hearing your opinion on anything.

Remember when we beat Arsenal in the cup, until we didn't and they won? We won, technically.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2020 11:03

Anyone else remember when we technically won after being 6-1 down at half time against Norwich?

4464 posts