Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Oct 2020 17:51

URZZZZZZZZ I’m starting to get very jittery about every match at the moment, which is a stark contrast to matches in recent seasons.

It’s great isn’t it!!

Same. I was nearly having a panic attack during the Blackburn game.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 30 Oct 2020 18:01

I’ve found that drinking helps. I have a lovely bottle of Absolut Lime from Asda, a bargain for £16, lined up ready to help me “soak up the big match atmosphere” tonight.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Oct 2020 18:55

URZZZZZZZZ I’m starting to get very jittery about every match at the moment, which is a stark contrast to matches in recent seasons.

It’s great isn’t it!!

:lol: same. i haven't felt like this for years... is weird games actually mattering this early on for us. Our seasons usually over by now.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 28 Nov 2020 22:40

Bristol City (Home)

https://www.otib.co.uk/

Reading are a very good team with some above average players for this division - would love to have Joao, Meite, Ejaria, better than anything we have.

We didn't play that well, but they were simply better and some of our players just couldn't cope with their attack and got roasted today.

We kept it at 0-0 at half time which was good, but once we tried to take them on and opened up, they cruised to the win.

They were very good I thought. Surprised they’ve been on such a run before today. Some players there that will go on to bigger things for sure.

Got beat fair and square even if the goal that kicked Reading off had its share of luck with a big deflection off Vyner. As an attacking threat we never really got going. Too often when in advanced positions we failed to deliver the ball into the box, and certainly didn't get shots away. Semenyo had his quietest game for us yet, well shackled by Richards and Moore, while Pato was certainly off his creative game. Disappointing, but not the end of the world and we move on to QPR.

Well at least it wasn't 6-0 and two red cards. We got away with that, I suppose.

Difference between their forward players and ours was vast.

No shame in getting outclassed by that team. They’ve built a very good squad there. Sometimes the facts don’t suit negative agendas

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 29 Nov 2020 07:09

A good reflection on their fans that. I can't say I'd be as polite if we got a spanking from them.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Nov 2020 07:25

It’s really unusual for them it has to be said. Normally the angriest little pirates around.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Nov 2020 08:22

Fair play to them but surely Petes cherry picked those responses? No way there weren't a load of "we should be beating teams like Reading, thought we were the better team, ref cheated us, Readings a shit hole, its because they're used to no fans etc" posts?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Nov 2020 08:31

Jagermesiter1871 Fair play to them but surely Petes cherry picked those responses? No way there weren't a load of "we should be beating teams like Reading, thought we were the better team, ref cheated us, Readings a shit hole, its because they're used to no fans etc" posts?

I did see at least one, if we expect get to the play-offs we should be beating teams like Reading but generally they were pretty fair in us being the better side.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 29 Nov 2020 08:53

Jagermesiter1871 Fair play to them but surely Petes cherry picked those responses? No way there weren't a load of "we should be beating teams like Reading, thought we were the better team, ref cheated us, Readings a shit hole, its because they're used to no fans etc" posts?

The thread I found these on were 95% about their team, 5% about us that we were good. No derogatory comments tbf!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Nov 2020 15:29

skipper A good reflection on their fans that. I can't say I'd be as polite if we got a spanking from them.

Indeed. Although that set of quotes is missing the obligatory 'We shouldn't be losing to teams like Reading if we want to get promoted'!

Maybe we need to get some 'Teams Like Reading' banners around the stadium!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Nov 2020 15:35

There were a couple about how we were like bottom of the form table for the entire football league, and that we were good at the start but now not.

Clearly not factoring that the main reason we lost was because of injuries to our best players and this is the first game with pretty much our best 11, certainly that was available.

That’s fair though, I doubt many fans will delve too deeply into line ups of other teams of the games which contributed to the form (or lack thereof)... apart from that one guy of theirs with too much time his hands.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 Nov 2020 15:46

PistolPete

The thread I found these on were 95% about their team, 5% about us that we were good. No derogatory comments tbf!

early doors there were a couple of comments along the lines of - it won't hurt them not to have fans there, becaue they're used to playing in a soulless empty stadium.

But, yeah, fair comment I suppose

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 29 Nov 2020 16:03

skipper A good reflection on their fans that. I can't say I'd be as polite if we got a spanking from them.

I think for some of their fans, who didn’t agree with the appointment of Holden, when they get a poor result/performance it suits their agenda. I appreciate I don’t see them every week but they were okay, nothing special, and looked a mid table side on that performance but I’m sure that was an off day and they can play much better than that. That’s the beauty of the Championship!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Dec 2020 17:49

Just reading the Forestforum. No credit to us, all the refs fault, turning on Houghton (who they were worshipping when he arrived), bad mouthing us and our fans today, and our ground. They really are a self entitling, moaning, living in the past, odius bunch of c*nt's. Really want them to go down. Boring as f*CK.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Dec 2020 17:52

Ascotexgunner Just reading the Forestforum. No credit to us, all the refs fault, turning on Houghton (who they were worshipping when he arrived), bad mouthing us and our fans today, and our ground. They really are a self entitling, moaning, living in the past, odius bunch of c*nt's. Really want them to go down. Boring as f*CK.

Didn't you hear? They won 2 European Cups!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 18:00

Ascotexgunner Just reading the Forestforum. No credit to us, all the refs fault, turning on Houghton (who they were worshipping when he arrived), bad mouthing us and our fans today, and our ground. They really are a self entitling, moaning, living in the past, odius bunch of c*nt's. Really want them to go down. Boring as f*CK.

A big +1. They really are a deluded lot.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Dec 2020 18:07

They are the worst side I’ve seen this season. Only Derby come close to their absolute uselessness

And they’ve spent a ton of money to produce an incredibly conservative, dull and one paced side. How can you have no shots for 85 minutes, even with 10 men? (I’m not counting that scuffed block effort). I’d love them to go down.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Dec 2020 18:20

Didnt think they were that bad and certainly nowhere near as bad as they have been. Fair enough, a bit Billy Big Bollocks before kick off but most of their ire was aimed at Samba and Yates for the first goal which killed the game.

Generally what comments that were made about us were about us being streets ahead of them, particularly how much we've improved in 12 months. One fan even commented about how he felt sorry for anyone who's started watching them in the past 20 years because the highlight has been pipping Yeovil to promotion from League 1.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 05 Dec 2020 18:29

Hound They are the worst side I’ve seen this season. Only Derby come close to their absolute uselessness

And they’ve spent a ton of money to produce an incredibly conservative, dull and one paced side. How can you have no shots for 85 minutes, even with 10 men? (I’m not counting that scuffed block effort). I’d love them to go down.

Doesn’t help when the only way their striker gets any service is if he picks the ball himself in mid-field. Bloody good defensively, though. 2-0 was incredibly flattering. At times we looked like Spain against Germany.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Dec 2020 18:35

Singing Defective
Hound They are the worst side I’ve seen this season. Only Derby come close to their absolute uselessness

Doesn’t help when the only way their striker gets any service is if he picks the ball himself in mid-field. Bloody good defensively, though. 2-0 was incredibly flattering. At times we looked like Spain against Germany.

Lyle Taylor's decision to betray Charlton and condemn them to relegation not looking great now.

4486 posts