Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by WoodleyRoyal » 12 Dec 2020 21:57

Jagermesiter1871 What have those fakes been saying?

Internet down in jagerville?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Dec 2020 22:52

Not a lot about us. Not the most populated sites I've seen but seem to be arguing among themselves who's shitter, their squad or their manager.

Dickie described as having a larger turning circle than an aircraft carrier.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Dec 2020 22:53

From Despair To Where? Not a lot about us. Not the most populated sites I've seen but seem to be arguing among themselves who's shitter, their squad or their manager.

Dickie described as having a larger turning circle than an aircraft carrier.
sounds familiar

Didn’t we say the same about Pearce?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Dec 2020 22:59

I mention it more because people were suggesting we resign him in the summer. I think he cost them close to £2m.

Generally they thought we were not a top 6 side on that performance but the respective substitutions changed the game, ours for the better, theirs for the worse.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Dec 2020 23:02

From Despair To Where? I mention it more because people were suggesting we resign him in the summer. I think he cost them close to £2m.

Generally they thought we were not a top 6 side on that performance but the respective substitutions changed the game, ours for the better, theirs for the worse.

Did they gloss over the fact that two of our best players and current 1st and 2nd highest scorers were out injured?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Dec 2020 23:06

All a bit subjective, but I would’ve been happy to have seen him re-signed, and playing.

Great result today from our depleted team, enhanced with the winning goal...out of a nothing situation...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2020 23:18

Thought Dickie had a decent game tbh.

JR

by JR » 13 Dec 2020 00:02

tidus_mi2
From Despair To Where? I mention it more because people were suggesting we resign him in the summer. I think he cost them close to £2m.

Did they gloss over the fact that two of our best players and current 1st and 2nd highest scorers were out injured?

Don’t think we would make a big deal of this if the other way around.

You play what is put in front of you and it’s irrelevant whether it’s injury ravaged or not.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Dec 2020 00:37

JR
tidus_mi2

Don’t think we would make a big deal of this if the other way around.

You play what is put in front of you and it’s irrelevant whether it’s injury ravaged or not.

Well yes but they didn’t play against the 20 plus goal strike force that has got us where we are.

So it’s kind of relevant.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Dec 2020 09:21

To be honest, we don't tend to do it so I wouldn't expect another forum to either. In a preview maybe but not in a match thread. You tend to just react to what's in front of you. I wouldn't really have much of a clue about who QPR were missing.

Their Warburton Out thread in the aftermath of yesterday's game is longer than their match thread. Having said that, that one's dwarfed by a thread of mini karbotas getting uppity about BLM.

I may have inadvertently stumbled across the Sheperds Bush chapter of the Proud Boys.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Dec 2020 10:43

From Despair To Where? To be honest, we don't tend to do it so I wouldn't expect another forum to either. In a preview maybe but not in a match thread. You tend to just react to what's in front of you. I wouldn't really have much of a clue about who QPR were missing.

Their Warburton Out thread in the aftermath of yesterday's game is longer than their match thread. Having said that, that one's dwarfed by a thread of mini karbotas getting uppity about BLM.

I may have inadvertently stumbled across the Sheperds Bush chapter of the Proud Boys.

To be fair, I think most of them were supportive of taking the knee.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Dec 2020 11:12

To be honest, I gave up after 2 pages of nonsense on that thread.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Dec 2020 14:52

From Despair To Where? To be honest, I gave up after 2 pages of nonsense on that thread.

Fcuk me, it must be bad

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Dec 2020 18:24

It was the usual "They're Marxist/Leninists who want to defund the police" stuff.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but most Marxist/Leninist regimes have leaned quite heavily on the police in all its guises to control the populace so not entirely convinced one necessarily leads to the other.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Dec 2020 18:28

From Despair To Where? It was the usual "They're Marxist/Leninists who want to defund the police" stuff.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but most Marxist/Leninist regimes have leaned quite heavily on the police in all its guises to control the populace so not entirely convinced one necessarily leads to the other.

They don’t have a clue what they are talking about and are just parroting what they’ve read in The Sun , Mail or social media.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Dec 2020 19:15

What about defacing the cenotaph, rioting in the US and protesting during a pandemic? For me all genuine reasons to have grievances with BLM.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Dec 2020 23:28

Jagermesiter1871 What about defacing the cenotaph, rioting in the US and protesting during a pandemic? For me all genuine reasons to have grievances with BLM.

Some individuals, rightfully angry, go too far.

The BLM movement itself wasn't in favour of rioting or defacing the cenotaph and the protests were largely peaceful, masked, distanced and there wasn't any serious correlation between them and a spike in the virus from what I remember.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Dec 2020 00:34

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871 What about defacing the cenotaph, rioting in the US and protesting during a pandemic? For me all genuine reasons to have grievances with BLM.

The BLM movement itself wasn't in favour of rioting or defacing the cenotaph and the protests were largely peaceful, masked, distanced and there wasn't any serious correlation between them and a spike in the virus from what I remember.

Whether their anger is justified is debatable in itself. As with any decentralised organisation you can't say they do or don't condone anything; they clearly have elements and self proclaimed members who do condone riots and violence.

To pick out the numbers and figure out whether it lead to an increase in covid cases would be all but impossible. We, however, know for certain is that it went against official guidance at the time and congregation of mass crowds is hardly aiding in controlling a pandemic. I saw some masked and I saw plenty who weren't, but they certainly weren't distanced.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 Dec 2020 10:24

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal

As with any decentralised organisation you can't say they do or don't condone anything; they clearly have elements and self proclaimed members who do condone riots and violence.

Er, so what? There are Reading supporters that are very unpleasant individuals, that doesn't mean we all are. If some thug in a Reading shirt breaks into a McDonalds on the way to the game, neither the supporters or the club are responsible for his actions.

Jagermesiter1871 Whether their anger is justified is debatable in itself.

There is shedloads of evidence of racism in British society. There is shedloads of evidence of racism in English football.

Isn't Raheem Sterling entitled to call out the very obvious racism in the way the wealth of young black footballers and young white footballers is treated differently by the press? Isn't he entitled to be angry about it? That's just a single example.
https://www.joe.ie/sport/raheem-sterlin ... ame-651027

Did you watch the documentary Anton Ferdinand did, and listen to how he was interviewed by the FA as opposed to how john Terry was interviewed by the FA? That's another clear example of structural racism involving footballers.

If you're saying that anger about the racism, that we know exists, may not be justified, you're essentially saying that the racism itself can be justified, that it's absolutely fine.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Dec 2020 12:01

muirinho
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal Some individuals, rightfully angry, go too far.

As with any decentralised organisation you can't say they do or don't condone anything; they clearly have elements and self proclaimed members who do condone riots and violence.

Er, so what? There are Reading supporters that are very unpleasant individuals, that doesn't mean we all are. If some thug in a Reading shirt breaks into a McDonalds on the way to the game, neither the supporters or the club are responsible for his actions.

Jagermesiter1871 Whether their anger is justified is debatable in itself.

There is shedloads of evidence of racism in British society. There is shedloads of evidence of racism in English football.

Isn't Raheem Sterling entitled to call out the very obvious racism in the way the wealth of young black footballers and young white footballers is treated differently by the press? Isn't he entitled to be angry about it? That's just a single example.
https://www.joe.ie/sport/raheem-sterlin ... ame-651027

Did you watch the documentary Anton Ferdinand did, and listen to how he was interviewed by the FA as opposed to how john Terry was interviewed by the FA? That's another clear example of structural racism involving footballers.

If you're saying that anger about the racism, that we know exists, may not be justified, you're essentially saying that the racism itself can be justified, that it's absolutely fine.

Clearly if its one nut in a Reading shirt then it doesn't reflect the club but if it is a significant number than the club/supporters club would be forced to comment - see Millwall last week.

If BLM stood for that alone I don't think most people would take issue with it. The issue is that it's objectives are vague are wide ranging, including defunding the police and generally tends to be focused on policing issues and police violence. We already have a large problem with civil disobedience in this country and a lack of respect for the force. I also don't believe our police force has systemic racism, unlike in the US, and I don't think our police in general uses excess force (there will of course be isolated incidents). For these reasons and more I think BLM as a moniker is tarnished. We already have kick it out which has clear objectives, why do we another more divisive campaign pushed?

EDIT: O and your final comment is exactly the sort of comment that leads to no change. If you aren't able to debate the topic of racism without being branded a racist or an advocate of racism then nothing will change.

4464 posts