Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by paultheroyal » 23 Sep 2021 16:10

Boro fans - before the game

Ffs I completely forgot he went off injured... so we have three of our first choice back four missing as it stands.

Regardless of how we line up, I'm not very hopeful about this one. While Reading got off to a dodgy start, they have turned things around lately. Unbeaten in 3 with a surprising win at Fulham in their last game.

They do have a rather leaky defence, having conceded 18 goals...the most of any team in the league. But I don't think that will be a problem for them against Boro

Swift has 7 goals and 4 assists in 8 games so far. That's mental.

Defend like we have been doing, and it won’t end well. Readings defence isn’t great either, mind you.

Defeat is inevitable.

Warnock gone by end of next 3 games.

A team with no full backs versus a team with no centre backs...could be interesting...

I’m sure we’ll look to exploit this fortuitous situation by lumping it in the channels and straight out for a goal kick

Reading really do owe us one don't they... hard to think of a better run we've had against another side in recent times?

We've taken 25 out of our last 27 possible points against them - and they've had some decent seasons during that time.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but all 5 of Readings senior centre backs are out. They are playing a 17 year old at CB apparently

Boro and opportunities are never a good mix. What would be the odds of their 17yr old scoring I wonder? Good hunting ground for the Boro and need to make up for the previous game we played

If that's the case I'd be starting Uche then I think...Have him bully the kid around the pitch for a bit.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Sep 2021 17:32

I assume the 17 year old is Stickland, he was on the bench so maybe, really struggling to see who else could come in, maybe Laurent and Drinkwater in defence with Tetek coming into midfield, getting all a bit barebones.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Sep 2021 17:46

Ikpeazu would surely have Drinkwater for breakfast. No good options.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2021 23:14

SCIAG Ikpeazu would surely have Drinkwater for breakfast.

A bit racist there mate. You've been watching far too much Tarzan.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Sep 2021 08:37

Millsy

Ok finally you post something vaguely amusing.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Sep 2021 11:33

Millsy

:lol: Ffs Drinkwater is such a stupid name

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 24 Sep 2021 11:44

SCIAG
Millsy

His cousin Eddie Eatgreens is even worse.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Sep 2021 20:09

leon
Millsy

I was having an off day. Take it as an accident.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Sep 2021 12:11

Millsy
leon
Millsy

I was having an off day. Take it as an accident.

Millsy’s on fire.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Sep 2021 15:00

Quick look at the Boro site, a hell of a lot of Warnock Out. Tactically inept.

Generally saying we just passed the ball around them and that they got it completely wrong tactically considering they were playing a team with no centre backs.

Opinion on the sending off? Harsh but more pissed off that it gives Warnock his Get Out Of Jail Free card. McNair should have gone.

A few "We should be beating Reading" but that's generally in reference to our injury problems and the fact we're statistically were the worst team defensively in the league.

Pretty honest and realistic bunch, all told.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 25 Sep 2021 15:06

From Despair To Where? Quick look at the Boro site, a hell of a lot of Warnock Out. Tactically inept.

Generally saying we just passed the ball around them and that they got it completely wrong tactically considering they were playing a team with no centre backs.

Opinion on the sending off? Harsh but more pissed off that it gives Warnock his Get Out Of Jail Free card. McNair should have gone.

A few "We should be beating Reading" but that's generally in reference to our injury problems and the fact we're statistically were the worst team defensively in the league.

That all sounds absolutely fair enough. It is not as if the sending off was after 5 minutes of the game. I was expecting an aerial bombardment and so glad it didn’t happen, that was a real wtf moment when they played that first short corner!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Sep 2021 15:18

Hard to disagree with any of that. Before the match they should have beaten us. We played them off the park. With a decent manager they could have exploited our weaknesses.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Sep 2021 15:21

From Despair To Where? Quick look at the Boro site, a hell of a lot of Warnock Out. Tactically inept.

Yep all he could talk about was the red card. Said our goal was a bit lucky. Otherwise didn't talk about the game.

Came across as a bit of an old duffer tbh

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Sep 2021 15:59

bcubed

Yep all he could talk about was the red card. Said our goal was a bit lucky. Otherwise didn't talk about the game.

Came across as a bit of an old duffer tbh

I know you never want to call out your own players but if he honestly couldn’t have asked for more from his Boro team then what is he even doing there.

They were really poor.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Sep 2021 16:06

SCIAG
Millsy

Tbf he didn’t choose it m9

Needle

by Needle » 25 Sep 2021 19:04

Outhought, outfought, and outsung by a tinpot club. Embarrassing.

:lol:

Been told by someone on here that if we lost today, Warnock is gone.

Don't know if this person told anyone else but he's been absolutely bang on about things in the past so let's hope he's right.

Would be epic if Colin's last visit got him the sack. Reading would live rent free in his head 'til the end

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Sep 2021 19:17

...and to think.....there have been times in the past, we would’ve ate his sh1t to have him here.

He”s already fulfilled his role at Boro’ (kept them up) probably just holding-fort whilst they source his replacement.

He will (actually) be missed....for reasons good and bad.....soon to be tag-teaming at the Reading Christmas Pantomines.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Sep 2021 19:52

I think Warnock would have more of a case with the red if there hadn't been 2 other incidents more worthy of a red that his players got away with.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Sep 2021 19:59

Boro fans seem far more grounded than most. A great effort to bring so many for an early kick off.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Sep 2021 20:00

SCIAG Hard to disagree with any of that. Before the match they should have beaten us. We played them off the park. With a decent manager they could have exploited our weaknesses.

Yep bloody incredible, amazed after the early disallowed goal and our lack of height at the back they didn`t try to exploit it more , Colin has had a shocker there.
Makes you wonder how Cardiff will aproach the game next week with Moore, Flint and Morrison.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 26 Sep 2021 06:58, edited 1 time in total.

4464 posts