Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by bcubed » 27 Oct 2020 23:31

Jagermesiter1871 "Referees will favour the Southern team, the traditionally bigger team, the most recently PL side and the current higher placed team. In just about that order."

:lol: :lol:

Thought he gave us nothing tbf

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Oct 2020 23:36

Brighton north stand chat

I hope they fall away. No doubt some of their nobhead fans are already wondering how to reword their poncy 'record' chant.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Oct 2020 23:54

WoodleyRoyal Brighton north stand chat

I hope they fall away. No doubt some of their nobhead fans are already wondering how to reword their poncy 'record' chant.

I mean, they're kind of not wrong.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Oct 2020 23:58

We need to finish on the correct number of syllables otherwise it won't scan. 110 sounds about right but 111 would ruin it.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Oct 2020 00:07

genome We need to finish on the correct number of syllables otherwise it won't scan. 110 sounds about right but 111 would ruin it.

So if we get to 110 points we need to lose every game from there on?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 00:08

genome We need to finish on the correct number of syllables otherwise it won't scan. 110 sounds about right but 111 would ruin it.

Did we decide that 112 would also suffice? It's not my favourite as even though it's one syllable there is a bit more of an emphasis or intonation at the end of "twelve" but I wont complain.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2020 00:10

One hundred and six
One hundred and siiiiix
Brighton got no records
One hundred and six.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 00:58

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209401-reading/

Brizzle have joined the chat. :lol: :lol: Tbf those angry pirates have always hated us.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Oct 2020 06:46

CountryRoyal

I mean, they're kind of not wrong.

:lol: they've definitely been lurking on here. Might have to dust off the Reading Dave login and pay them a visit.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Oct 2020 06:47

That's just reminded me, didn't a Brighton fan once threaten to infiltrate HNA? :lol: :?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Oct 2020 06:53

paultheroyal Bristol City

They were hammered tonight.

The wheels will come off imo.

A few years ago they had a similar start which extended to around 11 games I think (not checked) which was a record start. Not sure that they made the playoffs that season

bet they are loving everyone writing them off.

Fair play to them, 22 points already. Only need to average about 1.25 points a game now and they’ll finish in the top 6!!

Oh dear.

I think,check your facts would be a good idea.
It was 35 years ago, 13 wins, but he was right, we missed out on the play-offs :roll:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Oct 2020 08:44

Franchise FC
paultheroyal Bristol City

They were hammered tonight.

The wheels will come off imo.

A few years ago they had a similar start which extended to around 11 games I think (not checked) which was a record start. Not sure that they made the playoffs that season

bet they are loving everyone writing them off.

Fair play to them, 22 points already. Only need to average about 1.25 points a game now and they’ll finish in the top 6!!

Oh dear.

I think,check your facts would be a good idea.
It was 35 years ago, 13 wins, but he was right, we missed out on the play-offs :roll:

We were hammered as well? Must've been watching a different game.

Obviously we won the league so missed the play-offs, but did the play-offs even exist then?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 08:45

Well. They have us sussed to be fair.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Oct 2020 09:15

Forest

Poxy Reading 17 points ahead of us before tonight's game.

Staggering.
They may be the team everyone expects to fall away but stay the course.

Amazing what a bit of momentum can do. Not many players in their side I would swap for our first 11.

He's one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. Lead the Fire to 1 playoff appearance in 4 years (you have to be abysmal not to get in the playoffs) and served up some of the most aimless shite I've ever witnessed. The Fire had the third or fourth biggest budget for those years too. I'm genuinely stunned at Reading's start.
Looking a little closer* Their expected goals should have them stuck in midtable. Their first 3 shots tonight all went in. 5 shots, 4 on target, 4 goals. No way he's keeping it up.
Perhaps it's luck, perhaps it's now genuine momentum, but I'll eat my hat if this continues

*I get that expected goals etc are only somewhat useful

Paunovic is making this league look like a piece of piss.

He's generated a great team spirit and a clear winning system.

I don't know how Reading are doing it. They're utter shit but can't stop winning.
If any club will feel at home and be unaffected by playing in an empty stadium with no atmosphere it’s Reading to be fair.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Oct 2020 09:18

paultheroyal Forest

Staggering.

Amazing what a bit of momentum can do. Not many players in their side I would swap for our first 11.

He's one of the worst coaches I've ever seen. Lead the Fire to 1 playoff appearance in 4 years (you have to be abysmal not to get in the playoffs) and served up some of the most aimless shite I've ever witnessed. The Fire had the third or fourth biggest budget for those years too. I'm genuinely stunned at Reading's start.
Looking a little closer* Their expected goals should have them stuck in midtable. Their first 3 shots tonight all went in. 5 shots, 4 on target, 4 goals. No way he's keeping it up.
Perhaps it's luck, perhaps it's now genuine momentum, but I'll eat my hat if this continues

I don't know how Reading are doing it. They're utter shit but can't stop winning.
If any club will feel at home and be unaffected by playing in an empty stadium with no atmosphere it’s Reading to be fair.

I enjoy the Chicago Fire comparisons, for such an apparently amazing team that VP failed with, they must be top of their conference in MLS.... *checks notes*.... 11th out of 14 in Eastern Conference.... oh.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Oct 2020 09:28

Someone on a Forest forum expected goals

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Oct 2020 09:28

paultheroyal Forest

Staggering.

How's the project going, lads?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2020 09:39

Has Tyler been let loose on the keyboard again?

Not one of their players I’d swap for Forests? Hmmmm

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 09:40

On this xG thing other fans seem obsessed with, it doesn't make sense.

Looking at the stats, our expected goals and expected conceded are very close. But they're different. Our xG is made up of a lower volume of high quality chances, which our in form strikers are converting.

The xG against us is a higher volume of low quality chances, which adds up to the same. But we have a good keeper, and you wouldn't expect him to get beaten by low quality chances often.

So basically, we're creating higher quality chances which we're converting, but our rivals don't consider it sustainable.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Oct 2020 09:50

WestYorksRoyal On this xG thing other fans seem obsessed with, it doesn't make sense.

Looking at the stats, our expected goals and expected conceded are very close. But they're different. Our xG is made up of a lower volume of high quality chances, which our in form strikers are converting.

The xG against us is a higher volume of low quality chances, which adds up to the same. But we have a good keeper, and you wouldn't expect him to get beaten by low quality chances often.

So basically, we're creating higher quality chances which we're converting, but our rivals don't consider it sustainable.

Tbf we need to bring Swift back to blaze a few randomly over to get our averages up.

4486 posts