Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
mikey_1871

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by mikey_1871 » 05 Oct 2022 00:00

From Despair To Where?
Ascotexgunner Was reading one of the Norwich forums on the bus back to Mereoak. Their fans really do take first prize for most arrogant, self entitled pr*cks out there as a fanbase. Many are asking for Smith to be sacked, they wrote us off as lucky and said we were appalling and our players were "old". It did t cross their miniscule brains that we are under stringent FFP restrictions whilst they piss money up the wall with their parachute payments and prepare to stink the PRemier League out again.

Forum.pinkun.com

I read the pinkun throughout the match and a fair few of them were saying that a point away to the team in 3rd was a good and fair result.

A few comments saying Hendrick ran the game and that Hoilett and Carroll gave their defence a torrid time.

Most of the comments about Smith were that he doesn't seem to have imposed a style or found a settled formation. There were maybe a handful suggesting he be sacked.

Not sure Norwich can be accused of pissing money up a wall either. They didnt exactly spend big last season and they've signed 4 players this, 3 on frees.

Yep, the ones on my bus back to town were pretty pragmatic and happy with a point. Were quite impressed by our performance too

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Oct 2022 00:31

Norwich fans showing their knowledge by:
A) Questioning how we're 3rd with Andy Carroll upfront.
B) Suggesting we're fcuked when Carroll get injured.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Oct 2022 00:36

Ironic considering our far from stellar injury record over the last 2 years that the one player who seems to have consistently remained fit in his time with us is Andy Carroll.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Oct 2022 07:52

mikey_1871
From Despair To Where?
Ascotexgunner Was reading one of the Norwich forums on the bus back to Mereoak. Their fans really do take first prize for most arrogant, self entitled pr*cks out there as a fanbase. Many are asking for Smith to be sacked, they wrote us off as lucky and said we were appalling and our players were "old". It did t cross their miniscule brains that we are under stringent FFP restrictions whilst they piss money up the wall with their parachute payments and prepare to stink the PRemier League out again.

Forum.pinkun.com

I read the pinkun throughout the match and a fair few of them were saying that a point away to the team in 3rd was a good and fair result.

A few comments saying Hendrick ran the game and that Hoilett and Carroll gave their defence a torrid time.

Most of the comments about Smith were that he doesn't seem to have imposed a style or found a settled formation. There were maybe a handful suggesting he be sacked.

Not sure Norwich can be accused of pissing money up a wall either. They didnt exactly spend big last season and they've signed 4 players this, 3 on frees.

Yep, the ones on my bus back to town were pretty pragmatic and happy with a point. Were quite impressed by our performance too

Not sure that’s correct. Their record signing they made before this season, Sara, who didn’t play last night, was £12 million and Nunez who was substituted last night, was around £10-million. They spent around £58 million in pre season when they last went up to the Premiership, which was a lot more than they spent last time they went up. They and Burnley have also been responsible for around half the total spend by championship clubs before this season started.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Oct 2022 08:01

From Despair To Where? Ironic considering our far from stellar injury record over the last 2 years that the one player who seems to have consistently remained fit in his time with us is Andy Carroll.

Ha ha well quite

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Oct 2022 08:05

Norfolk Royal
mikey_1871
From Despair To Where?

Not sure that’s correct. Their record signing they made before this season, Sara, who didn’t play last night, was £12 million and Nunez who was substituted last night, was around £10-million. They spent around £58 million in pre season when they last went up to the Premiership, which was a lot more than they spent last time they went up. They and Burnley have also been responsible for around half the total spend by championship clubs before this season started.

They may have spent £58m but they sold Buendia for £38m. A nett spend of £20m in the Premiership is nothing. They've spent £6m in this window. Again, not a huge amount for a club awash with parachute paynents. Half their signings have been free transfers from League 1.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Oct 2022 09:08

From Despair To Where?
Norfolk Royal
mikey_1871

They may have spent £58m but they sold Buendia for £38m. A nett spend of £20m in the Premiership is nothing. They've spent £6m in this window. Again, not a huge amount for a club awash with parachute paynents. Half their signings have been free transfers from League 1.

They've spent more than £6-million in this window. The fee for Gabriel Sara was quoted at the time as £6-million with further add ons, most Norwich fans think the fee will be nearer £10 million, plus Marcelino Nunez a Chilean international which was an undisclosed fee but Norwich fans again think close to £10 million. Then you have Isaac Hayden on loan from Newcastle. It's been reported that he was on 50k a week at Newcastle and that Norwich are paying 30k of that per week. Also Aaron Ramsey on loan from Aston Villa.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Oct 2022 09:41

Compare that to Bournemouth, Fulham, Nottingham Forest, West Brom, Sheffield United. All clubs of similar stature.

Forest have spent £120m this summer.

Sheffield United had a nett spend in the region of £120m over 2 seasons in the Premier League.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Oct 2022 09:49

From Despair To Where? Compare that to Bournemouth, Fulham, Nottingham Forest, West Brom, Sheffield United. All clubs of similar stature.

Sheffield United had a nett spend in the region of £120m over 2 seasons in the Premier League.

I'm not making any point over the relative spends of clubs and how that might affect their results etc. I'm just correcting or clarifying posts.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Oct 2022 09:54

Norfolk Royal
From Despair To Where? Compare that to Bournemouth, Fulham, Nottingham Forest, West Brom, Sheffield United. All clubs of similar stature.

I'm not making any point over the relative spends of clubs and how that might affect their results etc. I'm just correcting or clarifying posts.

Nice straight bat there Norfolkers. Good work.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2022 11:53

Spoke to norwich supporting colleague and he thought they were fairly average, lots of possession, no real cutting edge and that it was a poor game.

Said we were the best defence they've come up against that he's seen, but neither team were particularly good.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Oct 2022 12:19

Snowflake Royal Spoke to norwich supporting colleague and he thought they were fairly average, lots of possession, no real cutting edge and that it was a poor game.

Said we were the best defence they've come up against that he's seen, but neither team were particularly good.

Defensively we have mostly been excellent this year. Yes we have had the 3 implosions, but outside of that we have only let in 5 goals in the 9 other games. Massive improvement on last year's shitshow.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2022 12:32

Stranded
Snowflake Royal Spoke to norwich supporting colleague and he thought they were fairly average, lots of possession, no real cutting edge and that it was a poor game.

Defensively we have mostly been excellent this year. Yes we have had the 3 implosions, but outside of that we have only let in 5 goals in the 9 other games. Massive improvement on last year's shitshow.

Yep agreed. And one of those three was a horror show from the keeper.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Oct 2022 12:34

Yeah I would rather concede 4 goals in 1 game and lose (winning the other 3) as opposed to 4 goals in 4 games but only winning twice (at best).

The defence has certainly improved and every signing so far that has come in have proved their worth so far. Less so Baba who hasn't featured massively yet.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 05 Oct 2022 20:18

I thought Norwich looked okay and will easily make the top six, and most likely go up if key players don’t get injured but (famous last words!) I don’t think they are going to run away with the Championship this season. It will be interesting to compare them with the new Vincent Kompany Burnley and West Brom once Mr Potato Head has been replaced with a half decent manager, the early signs are that non-parachute money teams may have a chance of going up this season.

Thought they were quite good at the dark arts, Kenny McLean in particular got a tap on the ankle a couple of times and made it look like he’d suffered a career ending injury, is that a Dean Smith team trait? Not something I’d noticed from Norwich in the past. Hope the ref got his lift home on the Norwich team bus sorted out okay.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 05 Oct 2022 20:39

Pepe the Horseman Norwich fans showing their knowledge by:

It was nice of Norwich’s defence to not go within 6 yards of Andy when we played the ball up to him, certainly helped him avoid injury last night.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Oct 2022 12:16

Mr Optimist

It was nice of Norwich’s defence to not go within 6 yards of Andy when we played the ball up to him, certainly helped him avoid injury last night.

Tbf I wouldn't try if I was them either. Would ruin their aerial duel win % stats for the season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2022 12:58

NewCorkSeth
Mr Optimist

Tbf I wouldn't try if I was them either. Would ruin their aerial duel win % stats for the season.

This happened last year as well but it seems odd how we suddenly become so reliant on Carroll when he plays. We looked a much better team when he was playing and not knackered (ie first hour) than we did when he went off

Not sure we adapted very well to Joao replacing him

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2022 13:13

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Mr Optimist

This happened last year as well but it seems odd how we suddenly become so reliant on Carroll when he plays. We looked a much better team when he was playing and not knackered (ie first hour) than we did when he went off

Not sure we adapted very well to Joao replacing him

Looking forward to seeing a Carroll and Long partnership, reckon they’d complement each other really well. Add in Meite and Joao to the equation and it’s got to be up there with one of the strongest attacks in the league

What I like about what we’re currently doing is the small tweaks we can do to the formation for different needs. You’ve got games where you can use a flat three in midfield like Norwich, games where you can use both Ince and Ejaria behind one striker or games where you can use two out and out strikers. All formations fairly similar but the variations will keep the opposition guessing

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Oct 2022 14:43

One thing I love about the recruitment was that we don't have to rush Joao back from his recent injury, in recent seasons we've really had no other option so have always got him playing as soon as possible which has just lead him to getting injured again.

4464 posts