Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2022 12:55

Zip
Hound Yep spotted he was injured.

Not really missing swift tbh. Like the guy a lot but Ince has filled the gap and has more energy and defensive work - obvs a slight gap in some creativity

Still for the life of me can’t work out why Ince flopped at Stoke. He just looks a v good player to me

Just on his sheer work rate alone he has been impressive. Maybe he is giving it his all because his father is the boss but

I don’t think that's fair. He came in under Clowno and I think he played with much the same intensity. So I wouldn’t put it down to his dad, though I'm sure it helps him keep that intensity up.

I suspect he went into his move with Stoke a little complacent and arrogant. The fit wasn't right and it didn't work out and he wasn’t happy. He wouldn't be the first Reading player who's experience at Stoke was bad.

Then he gets the chance to salvage his career, probably his last chance given his age. And he's older, and wiser and this time the fit works.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 19 Aug 2022 13:53

Also think it is interesting the club gave him a 3 year deal in the summer given he's 30 years old. There must a be a lot that the football people at the club like.

Have to say I was sceptical when he first joined but I'm happy to have been proven wrong so far

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Aug 2022 14:04

3points Also think it is interesting the club gave him a 3 year deal in the summer given he's 30 years old. There must a be a lot that the football people at the club like.

Have to say I was sceptical when he first joined but I'm happy to have been proven wrong

corrected for you

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Aug 2022 14:16

TInce probably just enjoys playing every game and having a lot of freedom on the pitch. It's not like he is forced into any rigid role. He'll do a lot of damage in this league if the rest of the squad can support him.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Aug 2022 17:31

Boro fans are bitter about losing to us

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2022 17:32

So they should be. They were shit

bakerlou

by bakerlou » 20 Aug 2022 20:12

Boro - Fly Me To The Moon

16 pages so far (not all fans will have returned home yet at the time of writing)

https://fmttmboro.com/index.php?threads ... ead.35794/

Wilder's first ever dropped points against Reading, and high praise for the Park & Ride, although which one isn't specified. Mind you, the F2 was top notch today, and there was some Boro on it, so potentially could have been that one. It's tough to tell, best to draw your own conclusions, that's my advice.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Aug 2022 20:22

Thats a nice looking forum.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Aug 2022 08:09

That's twice in 4 days opposition fans have moaned about being "out thought and outclassed by a shit manager".

:idea:

I'm not claiming Ince is a genius, but 6 weeks ago, we had 7 players, we're not allowed to spend any money and are limited in what we can offer in wages but the spirit and fight in the side hasn't been this good in years and we look more solid as a unit.

Ince has always doen better in a backs against the wall situation. He may not take us that far forward but so far, he's going an good job in turning us around and pointing us in the right direction

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 21 Aug 2022 08:29

Brogue Thats a nice looking forum.

Lol very 2005

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2022 08:34

From Despair To Where? That's twice in 4 days opposition fans have moaned about being "out thought and outclassed by a shit manager".

:idea:

I'm not claiming Ince is a genius, but 6 weeks ago, we had 7 players, we're not allowed to spend any money and are limited in what we can offer in wages but the spirit and fight in the side hasn't been this good in years and we look more solid as a unit.

Ince has always doen better in a backs against the wall situation. He may not take us that far forward but so far, he's going an good job in turning us around and pointing us in the right direction

Credit also needs to be given to Brian Carey and Mark Bowen in identifying players.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Aug 2022 08:42

True, but nobody's calling them out as shit on other forums.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2022 09:02

Said in the match thread, how often do you see two games in a row where the oppo manager makes a HT tactical triple sub.

Yeah, now there's 5 available it'll be more common, but still a testament to how well we nullified the game plan of Blackburn and Middlesbrough. And we did it playing differently in each game.

That's impressive.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Aug 2022 09:32

I got chatting to a Boro fan after the game and tbf he was quite complimentary about us. He thought we just about deserved the win as we dug in really well and he felt for all their possession Boro didn’t offer much. He said that because of all the negativity about us being under a transfer embargo and having an injury crisis he believed they’d easily beat us by 2 or 3 goals.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 Aug 2022 09:49

blythspartan I got chatting to a Boro fan after the game and tbf he was quite complimentary about us. He thought we just about deserved the win as we dug in really well and he felt for all their possession Boro didn’t offer much. He said that because of all the negativity about us being under a transfer embargo and having an injury crisis he believed they’d easily beat us by 2 or 3 goals.

I saw a vlog from a Blackburn fan confidently predicting a 3-1 win for them during midweek; all the negativity about us pre-season and all the "pundits" having us a certain relegation candidates may have played into our hands at the start of the season, with teams (and fans) underestimating us......and thats before we get a fully fit squad available.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2022 10:27

Mr Angry
blythspartan I got chatting to a Boro fan after the game and tbf he was quite complimentary about us. He thought we just about deserved the win as we dug in really well and he felt for all their possession Boro didn’t offer much. He said that because of all the negativity about us being under a transfer embargo and having an injury crisis he believed they’d easily beat us by 2 or 3 goals.

I saw a vlog from a Blackburn fan confidently predicting a 3-1 win for them during midweek; all the negativity about us pre-season and all the "pundits" having us a certain relegation candidates may have played into our hands at the start of the season, with teams (and fans) underestimating us......and thats before we get a fully fit squad available.

Think there is a bit of that

Blackburn did seem a little complacent I thought, didn’t really look up for it at all

Less so Boro but they were just a bit clueless

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2022 11:45

Hound
Mr Angry

Blackburn did seem a little complacent I thought, didn’t really look up for it at all

Boro very much playing like if they just passed long enough, something would fall in their lap.

And tbf, Watmore should have at least seriously tested Bouzanis twice when he missed the target, if not out right scored.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Aug 2022 12:32

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Mr Angry

Boro very much playing like if they just passed long enough, something would fall in their lap.

And tbf, Watmore should have at least seriously tested Bouzanis twice when he missed the target, if not out right scored.

Not sure why there is a big fuss about Boro being potential promotion contenders, spent a fair bit of money yes but their team isn't actually all that really, just on the flip side to us seemingly being one of certainties to go down. Of course we will be in June with 12 players under our belts, but maybe not when we get a good squad of players together, which we're managing to do slowly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2022 12:48

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Not sure why there is a big fuss about Boro being potential promotion contenders, spent a fair bit of money yes but their team isn't actually all that really, just on the flip side to us seemingly being one of certainties to go down. Of course we will be in June with 12 players under our belts, but maybe not when we get a good squad of players together, which we're managing to do slowly.

I think its because they just missed the play offs last season and the division looks pretty average. Huddersfield looked in trouble in preseason, so that's one of last season’s top teams out of the running as well.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2022 13:01

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Boro very much playing like if they just passed long enough, something would fall in their lap.

I think its because they just missed the play offs last season and the division looks pretty average. Huddersfield looked in trouble in preseason, so that's one of last season’s top teams out of the running as well.

Sheff Utd are looking useful at the moment, esp. given they have a good few players crocked.

4464 posts