Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by karbota » 21 Oct 2021 11:03

From Despair To Where? I've said my piece on Blackpool on here before but to precis, great for a stag do but fcuk ever having to live there. You can stick as many fairly lights up as you can muster but it's still a dumping ground for the nation's unwanted and full of skagheads and grifters. Awful, awful place to live.

Ok but not as bad as Bradford?.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Oct 2021 13:09

karbota
From Despair To Where? I've said my piece on Blackpool on here before but to precis, great for a stag do but fcuk ever having to live there. You can stick as many fairly lights up as you can muster but it's still a dumping ground for the nation's unwanted and full of skagheads and grifters. Awful, awful place to live.

Not been to Bradford but would like to go one day, will do so when in the area next.

Whats it like?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Oct 2021 13:26

Depends who you ask. If you ask someone who worked in the heart of Manningham for 10 years, they'll tell you there's lots of decent pubs in the town centre, some great restaurants and some interesting art galleries, museums like The National Science and Media Museum and an IMAX cinema. It's also on the edge of the Dales so some really nice scenery and a great place to go walking or mountain biking. Go out to Keighley and you have the Keighley and Worth Valley Steam Railway. Obviously, like a lot of northern cities, it's suffered from a lack of investment over the past 30 years. The people are generally typical Yorkshire folk and a little bit insular.

If you ask a racist internet troll who gets his information from far right websites, he'll tell you it's on the front line of a cultural warzone controlled by Asian grooming gangs, where the police fear to tread.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Oct 2021 14:44

paultheroyal
karbota

Not been to Bradford but would like to go one day, will do so when in the area next.

Whats it like?

Stopped there for a bit on the way to further north this year and was pleasantly surprised. The city centre was quite grand, very clean and tidy. Lot of industrial revolution history about the place. Seemed quite prosperous judging by the way people were dressed and cars being driven.

The Keighley and Worth valley railway is well worth a visit as someone else said. If you get off halfway along you can walk up to Three Chimneys, the house in the Railway Children, and peer through the windows at the current occupants who must get sick of people doing that.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 21 Oct 2021 16:23

From Despair To Where? Depends who you ask. If you ask someone who worked in the heart of Manningham for 10 years, they'll tell you there's lots of decent pubs in the town centre, some great restaurants and some interesting art galleries, museums like The National Science and Media Museum and an IMAX cinema. It's also on the edge of the Dales so some really nice scenery and a great place to go walking or mountain biking. Go out to Keighley and you have the Keighley and Worth Valley Steam Railway. Obviously, like a lot of northern cities, it's suffered from a lack of investment over the past 30 years. The people are generally typical Yorkshire folk and a little bit insular.

If you ask a racist internet troll who gets his information from far right websites, he'll tell you it's on the front line of a cultural warzone controlled by Asian grooming gangs, where the police fear to tread.

I don't often read the TB, but I'm glad i did, otherwise I'd have missed this gem of a post

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Oct 2021 14:44

Re: Blackpool.

I think that Bill Bryson got it right when he wrote in "Notes from a small island" that ".....at the weekend Blackpool has more public lavatories than anywhere else in the UK; elsewhere they are called doorways".

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Oct 2021 20:53

paultheroyal
karbota

Whats it like?

A quick google gives us a rather depressing picture.

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/top-50-wors ... gland-2021

Bradford, in my opinion is the biggest hole in Europe, never mind the UK. With around 526,400 people in its district and most are drug dealers who roll around in their awful pimped up Range Rovers and people who just spend half of their life in Wetherspoons drinking away while claiming benefits. I come to this place either smelling urine or the smell of greasy takeaways.

The city centre is nothing less than a monstrosity. Filled with 60’s building which look hideous and with every hour a bunch of ne’er-do-wells coming out of a shop and having a punch up. I mean what will happen when westfield opens and all the shops in kirkgate close? fill up with Asian boutiques and takeaways? This city was nominated for the European city of culture, Are your kidding me? which idiot did that? obviously he hasn’t been to this place in their life.

Don’t get me started on the public transport, the service is abysmal for the money you’re paying and if you dare actually board the buses in this town you will inevitably get assaulted and your body will look so disfigured nobody will recognise you. If you go 1 mile or so out of the city centre you will find yourself in Manningham, trust me it’s worse than Detroit. This place has litter all over the floor while half of it are abandoned mills which have been looted, this place also hosted one of Britain worst riots in 2001. if you go further it just looks like one big Hackney; abandoned buildings, burned up buildings and drug houses. In this city you will see more flashy cars than in any other cities because there is so much drug crime, it’s almost just part of everyday life. Trust me this place makes Detroit look nice.

The unemployment levels are off the scale more than 85,000 of the population haven’t had a job in their life and live off benefits and then allegedly spend those benefits down at the local wetherspoons.
So let’s sum that all up Bradford full of addicts, alcoholics, ne’er-do-wells and revolting takeaways which i don’t understand how they keep running and the sad thing is none close but absolutely loads open. Put it this Way, Bradford is the stinking **** crack of Europe.

Bradford, if you see a sign saying it’s coming up, run for your life while you have the will to live.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Oct 2021 22:14

60s monstrosity in the city Centre

I mean, I could add more pictures of St George's Hall or The Alhambra or any number of examples of Victorian architecure in the city centre.

BTW, Westfield opened 6 years ago. Shows how up to date your link is, you gullible fool.

Litter strewn Manningham here

By the way, that's Cartwright Hall, an art gallery and museum in Lister Park. In Manningham. Its about a 5 minute walk from Valley Parade and well worth a visit.

If I were to hazard a guess, I reckon you've never even been to Bradford so you're really not in a position to comment.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 22 Oct 2021 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Oct 2021 22:31

Bradford 4th in the top 50 worst places to live in England!

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/top-50-wors ... gland-2021

Every year we run a poll throughout November and December to find the worst place to live in England. A staggering 125,681 visitors voted for 2021, smashing our previous year’s record.

All 125,681 visitors can't be wrong.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Oct 2021 22:32

That's for the whole poll, not for one place, you dense fcuk. On a site that encourages bored idiots to post nonsense. I'll take my own personal experiences over anything on there.

The thick racist turd quoted I mean what will happen when westfield opens

That opened 6 years ago. Hardly 2021's, opinion is it?

The only reason you don't like Bradford is because a lot of Asians live there and you're an Islamaphobic racist.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Oct 2021 11:01

A quick look at I Live Here would show anyone it's not worth using in any sort of comparisons. Just a place for sad people who are trying to be funny, or maybe theyre bitter about something, to sound off about their home town

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Oct 2021 11:31

From Despair To Where? That's for the whole poll, not for one place, you dense fcuk. On a site that encourages bored idiots to post nonsense. I'll take my own personal experiences over anything on there.

The thick racist turd quoted I mean what will happen when westfield opens

That opened 6 years ago. Hardly 2021's, opinion is it?

The only reason you don't like Bradford is because a lot of Asians live there and you're an Islamaphobic racist.

The typical Marxist trick to play the race card. The poll is dated 2021! 125,681 people voted online. I never voted because I have "never been to Bradford" have I?

Here is another shocking stat regards your beloved city.

https://crimerate.co.uk/west-yorkshire/bradford

"Bradford is the third most dangerous city in England Wales and Northern Ireland"

Bradford is the most dangerous city in West Yorkshire, and is among the top 5 most dangerous overall out of West Yorkshire's 121 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Bradford in 2020 was 133 crimes per 1,000 people. This compares poorly to West Yorkshire's overall crime rate, coming in 22% higher than the West Yorkshire rate of 104 per 1,000 residents. For England, Wales, and Northern Ireland as a whole, Bradford is the third most dangerous city, and the 194th most dangerous location out of all towns, cities, and villages.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Oct 2021 11:43

I'll stick up for Bradford purely because i just know how obsessed you and your little racist bum chums are and how worked up you get about it.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 23 Oct 2021 11:53, edited 3 times in total.

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 23 Oct 2021 11:52

Dangerous? Ha. Nowhere in the UK is truly dangerous, calling Bradford the 3rd most dangerous place in the UK is utterly meaningless.

Also, what's wrong with Hackney? Quite nice these days. Parts of Detroit are decent now as well. I'm guessing you're the kind of small-town racist that hardly ever goes leaves the place they live, hence why your views of such places are stuck in the 80s/90s

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Oct 2021 17:13

I went to Bradford once to pick up some granite, and asked the chap where to stay and he honestly advised we don't stay anywhere in Bradford but go outside it somewhere.

We did end up getting a hotel thing in Bradford and it was literally the shittest thing I've ever stayed in. Was trying to be really snazzy and modern but it had cheap laminate wood flooring, really high cheap tvs on the walls, they were really arrogant about it being modern and cool but it was just a horrible tacky place.

Pleased to have left.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 23 Oct 2021 17:51

Had to stay in Bradford recently for work commitments. It is UTTER HELL. Trust me, don't go there.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Oct 2021 19:52

Millsy I went to Bradford once to pick up some granite, and asked the chap where to stay and he honestly advised we don't stay anywhere in Bradford but go outside it somewhere.

We did end up getting a hotel thing in Bradford and it was literally the shittest thing I've ever stayed in. Was trying to be really snazzy and modern but it had cheap laminate wood flooring, really high cheap tvs on the walls, they were really arrogant about it being modern and cool but it was just a horrible tacky place.

Pleased to have left.

Ah, the true picture is emerging, but are are you racist?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Oct 2021 19:53

Barney Had to stay in Bradford recently for work commitments. It is UTTER HELL. Trust me, don't go there.

Ah, the true picture is emerging, but are are you racist too?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Oct 2021 20:15

From Despair To Where?

I'll stick up for Bradford purely because i just know how obsessed you and your little racist bum chums are and how worked up you get about it.

I recommend you read Professor Ed Husain's book "Among The Mosques" a Journey across Muslim Britain" or is he also racist?.

"Locals fear it will become an apartheid city ( Bradford) within 30 years. Muslim parents living in the area had forbidden their children from taking part in drama, theatre, and dance classes as well as drawing in echoes of rules implemented by the Taliban in Afghanistan and ISIS in Syria.
Last edited by karbota on 23 Oct 2021 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Oct 2021 20:18

mikey_1871 Dangerous? Ha. Nowhere in the UK is truly dangerous, calling Bradford the 3rd most dangerous place in the UK is utterly meaningless.

Also, what's wrong with Hackney? Quite nice these days. Parts of Detroit are decent now as well. I'm guessing you're the kind of small-town racist that hardly ever goes leaves the place they live, hence why your views of such places are stuck in the 80s/90s

Here comes the Marxist race card again.

Willing to bet that I have traveled and worked abroad a lot more than most on this forum.

4464 posts