Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 11:59

WoodleyRoyal
Maneki Neko
To run on the pitch after getting to the play off final is in my view embarrassing

agreed tbf

Calling Winston to the thread

Winston Biscuit amazing night, cracking pitch invasion, leapt on many players.

Maybe it is just because my expectations are so low at the start but I thought VDB & Blackett were very good

Winston Biscuit Spotted - myself as one of the very first people onto the pitch at the final whistle (top left corner) 8)

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-thousands-reading-fc-fans-13046005

was on the pitch myself tbf

but only to avoid the long walk around the stadium :lol:

but personally I have a problem with pitch invasions without having won anything or gained promotion yet.
its one step up from the invasion where we didn't even make the playoffs

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 May 2017 12:04

Maneki Neko
WoodleyRoyal
Maneki Neko

agreed tbf

Maybe it is just because my expectations are so low at the start but I thought VDB & Blackett were very good

Winston Biscuit Spotted - myself as one of the very first people onto the pitch at the final whistle (top left corner) 8)

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-thousands-reading-fc-fans-13046005

but personally I have a problem with pitch invasions without having won anything or gained promotion yet.
its one step up from the invasion where we didn't even make the playoffs

I am going to invade your woodland commune and just jump around like a moron singing 'ooh Brendyyyyyy, oh Brendyyyyyyy' leaving you to contemplate what on earth I am celebrating

The Informant

by The Informant » 17 May 2017 12:05

Me and a mate were tackled by stewards as we went on, re formed our maul and broke through the defensive lines at the second attempt.

I just carried on running until I reached the west and left through that exit.

Short cut.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 May 2017 12:07

muirinho Best move of the match was that one that Swift unaccountably failed to convert - if Fulham had done that, the commentators would have been overcome, and would have had to go and lie down

Watching Sky Sports News this morning and saw this on the highlights they showed. Can not believe that was not smashed in the goal - my view of it last night wasn't great, plus the beer dampened by senses.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 17 May 2017 12:12

bobby1413
muirinho Best move of the match was that one that Swift unaccountably failed to convert - if Fulham had done that, the commentators would have been overcome, and would have had to go and lie down

Watching Sky Sports News this morning and saw this on the highlights they showed. Can not believe that was not smashed in the goal - my view of it last night wasn't great, plus the beer dampened by senses.

One of those where it actually seemed harder fro him to miss, ah well, who cares now :)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 12:31

10539.4 Miles Away
bobby1413

One of those where it actually seemed harder fro him to miss, ah well, who cares now :)

It was a sensationally good move - all pace and precision and working together from the original Yann flick on. Brilliant run and cross from Gunts (why does he not gamble on doing this more often - really frustrates me). All that was lacking was the finish. Looked just as bad in real time from the ED stand

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 May 2017 12:39

Hound
10539.4 Miles Away
bobby1413

It was a sensationally good move - all pace and precision. Brilliant run and cross from Gunts (why does he not do this more often - really frustrates me). All that was lacking was the finish. Looked just as bad in real time from the ED stand

Confidence?

I think he has got better as this season has gone on - and I think the extra coaching he's getting, plus the backing he's getting from someone the calibre of Jaap Stam is making him try more (in the sense of being adventurous, I mean, he's always been a player that has tried).

If all they ever say to him is "Cross as soon as you have the chance, don't hesitate and think about it", that's about 95% of the battle.

There's been a number of those "hit it first time" type crosses this season, although not that many have been converted (one for a Beerens goal (against Bristol at home?), which I think was voted goal of the year on the OS was a similar precision move)

More of that in his game would be brilliant.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 May 2017 13:39

Maneki Neko
WoodleyRoyal
Maneki Neko

agreed tbf

Wish we'd thought of that. :(

Didn't join in the invasion because the real job wasn't finished last night.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 13:49

that's exactly how I feel about it

but then I suddenly realised about the short cut :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 May 2017 14:33

Fulham continue to be deluded and weird.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/in ... ic=59993.0

They think they are the future of the Championship.

Another poster has compared Cairney to Robinho. They are in the same bracket arguably he says.

They are expecting to win the league next season the trajectory that they are on. Another poster on another thread believes that Fulham are the most attractive club in the 2nd tier for a player to want to join.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 14:37

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 May 2017 14:38

Top Flight Fulham continue to be deluded and weird.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/in ... ic=59993.0

They think they are the future of the Championship.

Another poster has compared Cairney to Robinho. They are in the same bracket arguably he says.

They are expecting to win the league next season the trajectory that they are on. Another poster on another thread believes that Fulham are the most attractive club in the 2nd tier for a player to want to join.

I think he meant geographically, which given the league is going to be incredibly Nothern next year, he could have a point (assuming we go up).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 14:42

had a quick scan through that site earlier. Not pretty reading. I reckon their boss is going to Watford as well which would be good

Lots of posts whingeing about the handball. Its absolutely comical to claim Yann fouled there - his arm was clearly dragged onto the ball. Utterly deluded.

There are some other more interesting posts though. I would suggest we are in a much more stable state than them to push for promotion if we stay down next year. I can't see too much changing at RFC bar a few new signings and shipping out some dead wood

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2017 14:49

Their manager has also been whingeing about the referee and how the fact the best team lost

Apparently Piazon was also clearly shoved over in the box by Reading's second best footballers

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2017 15:04

I think that poster is getting confused. Top Belgian players tend to go to teams in the Champions LEAGUE. Fulham play in the ChampionsHIP. Other players from the Belgian League come to the Championship because even Burton can offer better wages.

And the fact that Cairney could theoretically be sold for a similar figure to what City paid for Robinho 10 years ago only goes to show you how overpriced English players are and will become even more so after Brexit. Lets be honest, that's still less than Liverpool paid for that carthorse Andy Carroll.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 May 2017 15:26

Great fun reading friends of Fulham. The sour grapes is unreal :lol:

The most deluded, arrogant, bitter, bedwetting ponces I've ever come across. One thing I've learnt from this season is that the championship must be the worst league in the world - if we are so bad at football, untalented and unskillful, how do we keep beating everyone? :lol:

FCUK OFF FULHAM! Bottle job pcunty toss pots.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 17 May 2017 15:31

No need for sour grapes on our end - if we're going to win we might as well win gracefully.

Fulham were extremely good yesterday and it took a phenomenal defensive effort to keep them at bay.

Their attacking players were all exceptional on the ball, most notably Kebano, Fredericks and Cairney. Aluko's 360 spin past gunter was brilliant and sessegnon has a very big future ahead of him.

Let the Fulham fans gripe and moan about the result - who cares? And they have good reason to be optimistic about next season.

But we beat them.

And that's all that needs to be said.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 May 2017 15:33

I thought they were oxf*rd self-obsessed knobs before the game and I think they are oxf*rd self-obsessed knobs now.

At least I'm consistent. :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2017 15:40

JimmytheJim No need for sour grapes on our end - if we're going to win we might as well win gracefully.

Fulham were extremely good yesterday and it took a phenomenal defensive effort to keep them at bay.

Their attacking players were all exceptional on the ball, most notably Kebano, Fredericks and Cairney. Aluko's 360 spin past gunter was brilliant and sessegnon has a very big future ahead of him.

Let the Fulham fans gripe and moan about the result - who cares? And they have good reason to be optimistic about next season.

But we beat them.

Being a bit pedantic but Aluko did his 360 spin past Joey.

However, your general point stands, a very attractive footballing team that are a bit soft and lack a natural goalscorer. Supported by a bunch of bed wetting namby pambys.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 15:50

JimmytheJim No need for sour grapes on our end - if we're going to win we might as well win gracefully.

But we beat them.

4486 posts