Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Feb 2021 08:42

They've been a team who start the season quick, fall off a cliff, climb back up the cliff then fall off again for the past 5 years. This season does seem different, though. They're struggling to climb back up the cliff.

Theve always looked a limited side but with a couple of decent players who can change the game. This season they seem to lack the couple of players who can change a game and they just look a bit shit. Wyconbe are the only team who've lost more games.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2021 09:09

They look like Hull this time last year; a team destined to free fall into League One. Luckily for Brizzle I think they've got enough points on the board already to stay up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2021 09:34

Pepe the Horseman They look like Hull this time last year; a team destined to free fall into League One. Luckily for Brizzle I think they've got enough points on the board already to stay up.

They are 11 points clear of the bottom 3 - I don't see them winning many more this year but realistically 3 wins (or equivalent) means one of Brum or Weds have to win 7/17 to go past them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2021 09:36

I think they are the worst team i've seen by a distance this season, on both occasions we've played them. They'll be thankful for those 4 wins at the start of the season to keep them up

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2021 09:53

Stranded
Pepe the Horseman They look like Hull this time last year; a team destined to free fall into League One. Luckily for Brizzle I think they've got enough points on the board already to stay up.

They are 11 points clear of the bottom 3 - I don't see them winning many more this year but realistically 3 wins (or equivalent) means one of Brum or Weds have to win 7/17 to go past them.

Just checked the table from last year. After 30 games Hull had.... 39 points :) They were 15 points ahead of Barnsley!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2021 10:04

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

Just checked the table from last year. After 30 games Hull had.... 39 points :) They were 15 points ahead of Barnsley!

Didn't Barnsley go on a crazy run of form at the end of last year? I guess it shows it can be done.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2021 10:09

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Stranded

Didn't Barnsley go on a crazy run of form at the end of last year? I guess it shows it can be done.

Yeh, I'm not confident enough to put a bet on. Just interesting* that they're on the exact same points as Hull were after 30 games, and closer to the bottom three.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2021 10:12

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo
Pepe the Horseman Just checked the table from last year. After 30 games Hull had.... 39 points :) They were 15 points ahead of Barnsley!

Yeh, I'm not confident enough to put a bet on. Just interesting* that they're on the exact same points as Hull were after 30 games, and closer to the bottom three.

16s with B365. :?

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 17 Feb 2021 10:17

They might of course get the 'new manager bounce'....I did get the impression last night reading OTIB that the manager wasn't terribly popular.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2021 10:20

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Hendo

16s with B365. :?

Maybe just a little bet then :wink:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Feb 2021 10:20

Best odds for Bristol to be relegated 14/1 (ah, 16s apparently)

Not good value. They are awful but to actually go down?

Reading 80/1 to be champions, 7/1 to win the POs.

Cardiff are 20/1 to win the POs. For me that is "20/1 to MAKE to POs" as, if they do they will be on top form with a shrewd manager.

Gonna be an interesting game v Bournemouth

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2021 10:48

Snowball Best odds for Bristol to be relegated 14/1 (ah, 16s apparently)

Cardiff are 20/1 to win the POs. For me that is "20/1 to MAKE to POs" as, if they do they will be on top form with a shrewd manager.

If you read the last few posts the maths has been done. They're definitely going down.

Also, it's already been established that it's a Reading v Swansea playoff final, so even if Cardiff make the POs they won't get to the final, let alone win it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Feb 2021 11:28

Pepe the Horseman
Snowball Best odds for Bristol to be relegated 14/1 (ah, 16s apparently)

If you read the last few posts the maths has been done. They're definitely going down.

Also, it's already been established that it's a Reading v Swansea playoff final, so even if Cardiff make the POs they won't get to the final, let alone win it.

Very pleased Scott Sinclair didn’t rejoin Swansea in the last window then....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Feb 2021 11:46

Stranded

Wednesday have won 4 of their last 7 in the league.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2021 12:59

From Despair To Where?
Stranded

Derby 5 of 6. QPR, Rotherham and Forest in decent form.

Would be very worried if I was a Huddersfield fan. 1 win in 10 including a home defeat to Wycombe.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2021 13:14

Stranded
From Despair To Where?
Stranded

Would be very worried if I was a Huddersfield fan. 1 win in 10 including a home defeat to Wycombe.

Yep. Birmingham, Huddersfield and Coventry look the most likely to be joining Wycombe to me

Really with the squads on paper available that’d look like huge failings at the first two. I’d like Coventry to stay up but they aren’t on too good form

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2021 13:20

Hound
Stranded
From Despair To Where?

Yep. Birmingham, Huddersfield and Coventry look the most likely to be joining Wycombe to me

Really with the squads on paper available that’d look like huge failings at the first two. I’d like Coventry to stay up but they aren’t on too good form

Hudds looked like PO candidates when we played them and Birmingham pretty much played out of their skin as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2021 13:29

Pepe the Horseman
Hound
Stranded

Hudds looked like PO candidates when we played them and Birmingham pretty much played out of their skin as well.

said at the time I thought Birmingham were poor 2nd half against us. We played dreadfully, yet scored 1 and missed a pen whilst they offered nothing going forward second half. They were excellent first half though. Their away record is actually pretty good.

Huddersfield definitely look like one that could sort of drift into the bottom 3 without ever looking that bad. They score goals but seem to concede far too easily

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2021 13:30

Pepe the Horseman
Hound
Stranded

Brum is always a weird fixture. At home we are on a run of taking 2 points from the last 7 home games against them whilst away, we have won 3 of the last 4. Still feels that if Joao had scored his pen, we'd have won that one.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2021 13:58

exileinleeds They might of course get the 'new manager bounce'....I did get the impression last night reading OTIB that the manager wasn't terribly popular.

Paul Cook is the current favourite but the fans want Eddie Howe, though Celtic are supposedly after him to take over from Neil Lennon in the summer.

4464 posts