The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

7491 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

by Sutekh » 12 Dec 2022 10:23

Paul Ince says he expects both Femi Azeez and Scott Dann :shock: to be involved v Sunderland today.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 12 Dec 2022 10:44

Presumably it will be very much a scratch side for Sunderland with their first 18 on duty v WBA.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 12 Dec 2022 10:49

South Coast Royal Presumably it will be very much a scratch side for Sunderland with their first 18 on duty v WBA.

Am looking forward to seeing Azeez again.
Has he gone World Cup blonde as my brother said he was when having a kick around on Saturday (" he" being Azeez, and not my brother with his knee problems!!).?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2022 12:51

Odds on one of them having a set back must be near 100%

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2022 13:23

Snowflake Royal Odds on one of them having a set back must be near 100%

Especially with it being about -2c at the moment.

Quiet afternoon at work so reckon I’ll give this a watch

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Dec 2022 13:32

Snowflake Royal Odds on one of them having a set back must be near 100%

I'll be surprised if 1 of them gets through the game uninjured.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 Dec 2022 14:02

Boyce- Clarke
Abrefa
Dann
Abbey
Guinness-Walker
Akande
Senga
Leavy
Scott
Azeez
Ehibhatiomhan
SUBS
Collins
Paul
Purcell
Osorio
Melvin-Lambert
No stream yet on you tube that i can see.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2022 14:06

Nope can’t see a stream either annoyingly

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 Dec 2022 14:29

0-1 24 mins
H-T 0-1
0-2 56 mins
1-2 68 mins Ehibhatiomhan
F-T 1-2
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 12 Dec 2022 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2022 15:33

Dann got an hour and has been subbed now

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Dec 2022 21:59

Ben Purcell who has been on loan to Hartley Witney has been recalled by the Royals and has been re- loaned to Farnborough.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Dec 2022 08:07

Royals and Racers Ben Purcell who has been on loan to Hartley Witney has been recalled by the Royals and has been re- loaned to Farnborough.

Good sign that, hopefully he continues to develop well.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Dec 2022 13:35

Just listened to Jimmy Bullard doing his You Know The Drill from Soccer AM and he seems to think that our goalkeeper Conniah Boyce-Clarke will be in the first team reckoning soon, his judgement implies that there is a real talent there. Not something that I think most of us don't already know, but nice to have another set of eyes on that regardless.

That might impact our decisions with who we end up with as our next goalkeeper and for how long as well.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Dec 2022 13:43

YorkshireRoyal99 Just listened to Jimmy Bullard doing his You Know The Drill from Soccer AM and he seems to think that our goalkeeper Conniah Boyce-Clarke will be in the first team reckoning soon, his judgement implies that there is a real talent there. Not something that I think most of us don't already know, but nice to have another set of eyes on that regardless.

That might impact our decisions with who we end up with as our next goalkeeper and for how long as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPGvTyJF2V4

Will keep my eye out for the full clip.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Dec 2022 15:29

Hendo
YorkshireRoyal99 Just listened to Jimmy Bullard doing his You Know The Drill from Soccer AM and he seems to think that our goalkeeper Conniah Boyce-Clarke will be in the first team reckoning soon, his judgement implies that there is a real talent there. Not something that I think most of us don't already know, but nice to have another set of eyes on that regardless.

Thats pretty high praise coming from Jimmy!! Would be happy to keep our current Goalkeeping set up for next season and give both CBC and Andreasson another year away on loan and then look at getting them both in the first team set up.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Dec 2022 16:16

Crowbar6753
Hendo

Thats pretty high praise coming from Jimmy!! Would be happy to keep our current Goalkeeping set up for next season and give both CBC and Andreasson another year away on loan and then look at getting them both in the first team set up.

Yeah I'm looking forward to our next generation of talent from the academy, it's just a shame that one of those two likely won't make it for us and may have to move on to be successful at whatever level they play at. Think CBC's ceiling is higher than Andresson based on previous links with top clubs at a young age.

But with the likes of Abbey, Dorsett, Senga, Camara and Kelvin E that have been talked about heavily over the last 12-18 months (along with CBC and Andresson), we could have a real bright future with our academy.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Dec 2022 16:27

YorkshireRoyal99
Crowbar6753
Hendo

Yeah I'm looking forward to our next generation of talent from the academy, it's just a shame that one of those two likely won't make it for us and may have to move on to be successful at whatever level they play at. Think CBC's ceiling is higher than Andresson based on previous links with top clubs at a young age.

But with the likes of Abbey, Dorsett, Senga, Camara and Kelvin E that have been talked about heavily over the last 12-18 months (along with CBC and Andresson), we could have a real bright future with our academy.

That lad "Tuma" is meant to be pretty special and one to watch....... :) getting our Cat 1 academy back will be key to our future and should be the supply line to build the team around. The future is bright indeed.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Dec 2022 16:36

Crowbar6753
YorkshireRoyal99
Crowbar6753

That lad "Tuma" is meant to be pretty special and one to watch....... :) getting our Cat 1 academy back will be key to our future and should be the supply line to build the team around. The future is bright indeed.

Yep - I've been saying for a few years now that the academy has to be the centre of what we do. I know that every player won't make the first team from the academy, but we seem to have a large proportion that are capable of making it to the level we are at that we can certainly build our team/club around.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2022 16:53

Well my current thinking on the keepers at the club is:

Joe Lumley

Expecting him to be re-signed permanently in the summer

Dean Bouzanis

Will remain as the no. 2 and is contracted to 2025

Luke Southwood

Presume will be offered a contract to ensure getting a development fee for him as I expect him to move on in the summer.

Jokull Andresson

Expecting Reading to loan him out for next season in the same way as with Southwood this season.

Coniah (or Cornish if you have an autospellchecker) Boyce-Clarke

Have to move sharpish here if he is rated by the club as his contract is up in the summer. As with Jokull, if Coniah is still here next season, I would want him out on loan somewhere with a view to stepping up to the first team squad in 24/25.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Dec 2022 17:05

Sutekh Well my current thinking on the keepers at the club is:

Joe Lumley

Expecting him to be re-signed permanently in the summer

Dean Bouzanis

Will remain as the no. 2 and is contracted to 2025

Luke Southwood

Presume will be offered a contract to ensure getting a development fee for him as I expect him to move on in the summer.

Jokull Andresson

Expecting Reading to loan him out for next season in the same way as with Southwood this season.

Coniah (or Cornish if you have an autospellchecker) Boyce-Clarke

Have to move sharpish here if he is rated by the club as his contract is up in the summer. As with Jokull, if Coniah is still here next season, I would want him out on loan somewhere with a view to stepping up to the first team squad in 24/25.

I think a lot will depend on when the club will expect Andresson and/or CBC to be ready for first team football. Whether it's Lumley or not we sign next summer, I think that might determine how long a contract we offer him i.e. if the club think it will be 2 years before CBC/Andresson are ready, then we might offer him a 2 year deal so that, on expiry of Lumley's (or whoever's) contract, we have ready made replacements within the club without having to spend anymore.

Agree that we are going to have to get CBC tied down as quickly as possible before we lose him to someone else.

7491 posts