Anton To Face Fans Backlash?

571 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Anton To Face Fans Backlash?

by SPARTA » 15 Sep 2013 22:39

Investing in a Category 1 youth academy and a new state of the art training ground is not the work of a dodgy owner wanting to mug the club for every penny, or risk its long-term future. It's the complete opposite. Some of you really need to take a long hard look at yourselves and stop believing a lot of the bullshit idiot fans come out with just because they're a bit annoyed with recent results.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Sep 2013 22:41

The extension was talked about the other day, and can go later if mutually agreed by both parties. apparently tax implications are slightly beneficial paid later (in quarters 3 or 4), not sure who or how. I gloss over on all this overseas assets stuff.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Sep 2013 22:45

Seems like Hammond, Howe and Madejski are still very influential and AZ, knowing he is sti inexperienced, is listening to them. Seems both he and Adkins are frustrated, but that's where we are. When Madejski leaves we will probably see both Hammond and Howe go.at a similar time. Might see a bit more investment but focus will remain in the infrastructures, facilities and youth I'd imagine.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 15 Sep 2013 22:45

maffff The extension was talked about the other day, and can go later if mutually agreed by both parties. apparently tax implications are slightly beneficial paid later (in quarters 3 or 4), not sure who or how. I gloss over on all this overseas assets stuff.

That makes sense, but it also suggests AZ isn't the sole 'new' owner, and there may be other backers? What was the Prince's name who now sits on the board? He must have some involvement?

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Sep 2013 22:50

maffff Seems like Hammond, Howe and Madejski are still very influential and AZ, knowing he is sti inexperienced, is listening to them. Seems both he and Adkins are frustrated, but that's where we are. When Madejski leaves we will probably see both Hammond and Howe go.at a similar time. Might see a bit more investment but focus will remain in the infrastructures, facilities and youth I'd imagine.

I said earlier Nigel Howe wont be here long after SJM leaves. He works for SJM on several of his other business, he is very much his man and pushes the 'Reading Way' onto AZ.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Sep 2013 22:51

One8Seven1
maffff Seems like Hammond, Howe and Madejski are still very influential and AZ, knowing he is sti inexperienced, is listening to them. Seems both he and Adkins are frustrated, but that's where we are. When Madejski leaves we will probably see both Hammond and Howe go.at a similar time. Might see a bit more investment but focus will remain in the infrastructures, facilities and youth I'd imagine.

I said earlier Nigel Howe wont be here long after SJM leaves. He works for SJM on several of his other business, he is very much his man and pushes the 'Reading Way' onto AZ.

Ah, didn't see that.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Sep 2013 22:53

Wibble

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Sep 2013 22:57

maffff
One8Seven1

Ah, didn't see that.

I agree entirely with you. I think we have a split board most definitely; one wants to change things and the other wants to try and keep things as close to how they are/were as possible and they're holding us back, but the fans are getting the wrong impression of Anton, when actually it's the older heads that are holding us back, not so much the new.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Sep 2013 22:57

I think all this does tell us though is that we deserve a solid explanation.

"We're lying bastards who have pretended time and again to various managers that there'd be adequate transfer funds but haven't delivered and we lied to you fans so you'd not lose faith and stop buying season tickets. We need good managers and good gates to maintain our ultimate genuine goal of sustained Prem footy, so we had to lie, sorry. In the meantime we are actually investing heavily in cat1 and an expansion for the stadium etc.. I hope you understand why we had to lie."

Or

"We're actually pretty bloody clueless. We honestly thought that we would be able to spend lost of money AND attract sufficiently good players here despite knowing all along that we're merely a championship side but we were so sure of it we stupidly convinced poor old Adkins of this and you poor fans of this. We're so sorry for being inept idiots but trust us, we are focussing on cat1 academy etc. Just wait a few years and before you know it we'll be producing phenomenal players."

Either of these explanations is fine by me and probably the majority of disgruntled fans and the most likely case.

The trouble is that without it, we're left clutching at crazy conspiracy theories making the club look more evil and/or clueless than the poor guys actually are.

When you lead us to believe several new players will join when we have a horribly desperate need for a striker and CB, but instead you do the opposite and SELL our two best players, what do you expect us to think? We expect 3 players and we get minus 2!!!! HNA-infiltrating Apologists and the intellectually challenged aside, we can see something is wrong.

Come on club, just come clean for your own sakes. Next we'll be claiming you're responsible for 911, chemtrails, fluoride and the chemical attack in Syria! Come clean before more BS is spread.

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 15 Sep 2013 23:10

Gunny Fishcake I was thinking of a new post for this but thought it's better and appropriate here.

I've a source very close to SJM and these are the facts....

As per the take over contract Anton owes £15m by September 30th to be precise , if this is not paid there is a clause where SJM can regain his majority shareholding.

Worryingly Anton has mortgaged the stadium the raise cash.

There is very grave concern in the club on high about the financial affairs and commitment of Anton. No surprise there.

The recent transfer window non activity caused huge ructions within the board and Adkins backing up evidence of the financial concerns of Anton.

These are worrying times for sure.

You are a massive bell end! How do you block ppl on here?

Edit: Done. Thanks.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 15 Sep 2013 23:58

It's not Antons fault. The manager has 30 players to choose from. We are not Man City's money. Do what West Ham and Southampton do, bring on youth players into 1st team and sell them at he right time. Buying players AS we have being doing will only cover the cracks, major surgery is necessary.

beetleyroyal

on the rumour page, do you believe it???

by beetleyroyal » 16 Sep 2013 07:44

Anton Zingarevich has mortgaged the Madejski Stadium so he can pay the remaining £14.8m to Sir John Madejski before the 30-Sept deadline.

Reading fans should be very very concerned. There are already questions being raised about the lack of transfer activity in the last four windows, and now this has come out.

It looks like the wool has been firmly pulled over Madejski's and RFC's fans eyes by this fake of an owner.

Also as posted a few weeks ago by myself, Adkins did fall out with AZ about lack of transfers, there is a board split, and the club is in a mess behind the scenes!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: on the rumour page, do you believe it???

by Royal Ginger » 16 Sep 2013 08:02

beetleyroyal Anton Zingarevich has mortgaged the Madejski Stadium so he can pay the remaining £14.8m to Sir John Madejski before the 30-Sept deadline.

Reading fans should be very very concerned. There are already questions being raised about the lack of transfer activity in the last four windows, and now this has come out.

It looks like the wool has been firmly pulled over Madejski's and RFC's fans eyes by this fake of an owner.

Also as posted a few weeks ago by myself, Adkins did fall out with AZ about lack of transfers, there is a board split, and the club is in a mess behind the scenes!

Idiot.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

it can be the only reason

by paddy20 » 16 Sep 2013 09:17

Having seen the shambles of the transfer window I think there can only be one answer to our present predicament. There is a big problem with our new owners. Despite publicising our determination to get back into the premiership, to signing three new players including a top striker and immediate return to the perm, everything seems to have suddenly changed. The only answer I can see is that suddenly all the funds have dried up. We sold two of our better players with indecent haste to bring in £5m. Hammond says we need to have ' a reality check', Adkins is staying diplomatically quiet but underneath I think we can see a manager seething that all the promises of funding to build a new team to play possession football have disappeared. A deal struck with Sissoko was suddenly changed at the last moment. We are now saying we cant afford Sharp's wages of £18k pw. Zingaravech is neither seen or heard?? It seems to have been pretty sudden also.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: it can be the only reason

by Nameless » 16 Sep 2013 09:19

Starting twin threads full of unoriginal conspiracy theory wastes your time and everyone elses.

Try just contributing to existing threads of coming up with something interesting of your own...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Sep 2013 09:20

Heard rumours that Anton still owes Sir John a sizeable amount of cash. This could be where the parachute payments have gone.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 16 Sep 2013 09:24

What about the OTHER only reason that you've just posted about, 2 posts down?

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 16 Sep 2013 09:27

genome Heard rumours that Anton still owes Sir John a sizeable amount of cash. This could be where the parachute payments have gone.

I'm fairly sure the parachute payments are the clubs money, not Antons. And if Anton wanted to take that money out of the club to then pay SJM with, he'd have to do it in the proper manner (plus paying tax on it etc)...?

That is if a football club is run in the same way as any other Ltd company...

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 16 Sep 2013 09:33

oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off oxf*rd off Use the 12521458124798512895 other threads

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 16 Sep 2013 09:36

2 world wars, 1 world cup When you lead us to believe several new players will join when we have a horribly desperate need for a striker and CB, but instead you do the opposite and SELL our two best players, what do you expect us to think? We expect 3 players and we get minus 2!!!! HNA-infiltrating Apologists and the intellectually challenged aside, we can see something is wrong.

You can't keep players who have played in the prem and want to get back there. Don't blame the club for that.

We already have enough players sulking about their cut in wages following relegation and that no doubt has a bearing on the pisspoor performances we're getting.

We also can't sign players who prefer to sit on the bench in a prem side, the big financial gap has just got bigger.

571 posts