403 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Boro Match Thread

by Millsy » 29 Dec 2013 16:42

Royal Ginger
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Pseud O'Nym

What I'd really like to know is whether anyone else puts butter on stollen?

I used to hate butter but its ok in some situations.

No idea what stollen is though. Isn't it a type of mythical horse?

German biscuit, which coincidentally would make a good username.

Wasn't far off with mythical horse then.

I don't think butter would work with German food. I don't think they have butter. Having said that, they might.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 29 Dec 2013 16:42

Just for a laugh, (and accepting it doesn't mean much given a mention doesn't distinguish been a good or bad point), here's the list of "mentions" by player in the BBC text commentary for the first half.

Given 0 McCarthy 0

Varga 1 Gunter 0
Friend 1 Pearce 0
Gibson 1 Gorkss 6
Ayala 2 Cummings 2

Whitehead 1 McCleary 1
Ledesma 7 Williams 0
Leadbitter 5 Guthrie 1
adomah 3 McAnuff 2

Emnes 4 Sharp 2
Jutkiewicz 7 Pogrebnyak 1

Not so oxf*rd dominant now are we Spadkins??

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 29 Dec 2013 16:42

windermere_royal Gorkss commited about 5 fouls so far, on a yellow too, could be a red coming there...if we are lucky

:D

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Dec 2013 16:42

Royalee Well on the plus side hopefully that means he's played his last game for the club.

Gorkss @ CB >>>>>>>> Gunter/Kelly @ CB

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Dec 2013 16:43

We will still win 3-2.

Mark my words.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 16:43

MmmMonsterMunch More in hope than anything else but I really hope the board back Adkins in Jan & allow him to build a squad that can compete for next season.

Anything can happen but surely we have no hope of play-offs with the current squad?

It makes absolute sense for them to write this season off & give him some cash to see what he can do.

The most frustrating thing for me is that we DO have a squad that is capable of play-offs and promotion this season. Other than QPR how many of the squads above us would you rather have? The problem is with the way we are playing and the form of the players, not the personnel.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2013 16:44

MmmMonsterMunch
Royalee Well on the plus side hopefully that means he's played his last game for the club.

Gorkss @ CB >>>>>>>> Gunter/Kelly @ CB

Although not by much. Hector should be available in January, stick him in.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Dec 2013 16:44

2 world wars, 1 world cup We will still win 3-2.

Mark my words.

Which game?

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 29 Dec 2013 16:45

"well we had great possession of the football throughout the game despite being unlucky going down to 10 men. We move on to our next game of football at home on New Years day"... Then he runs off to carry on playing 'Where's Anton"

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2013 16:45

MmmMonsterMunch Well this just gets better & better doesn't it? Nice one Gorkss!!

Could easily get worse.

Give it another ten minutes and can see Guthrie randomly having a Lee Bowyer style bust up with one of our players... two more reds, lose 7-0...

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 29 Dec 2013 16:45

ScottishRoyal
MmmMonsterMunch More in hope than anything else but I really hope the board back Adkins in Jan & allow him to build a squad that can compete for next season.

Anything can happen but surely we have no hope of play-offs with the current squad?

It makes absolute sense for them to write this season off & give him some cash to see what he can do.

The most frustrating thing for me is that we DO have a squad that is capable of play-offs and promotion this season. Other than QPR how many of the squads above us would you rather have? The problem is with the way we are playing and the form of the players, not the personnel.

And whose fault is that............ :roll:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2013 16:46

Cypry When is Hector available after his recall?

I heard 5th of Jan somewhere, but i may be wrong.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Dec 2013 16:47

ScottishRoyal

NOT the personnel?

When anyone with half a brain cell could see that we have been sorely missing a decent striker and attacking midfielder for over a season.. INCLUDING the club who said they'd be bringing in more players but then mysteriously didn't.

On top of that anyone can see we have NO LEFT BACK COVER

And now NO CB COVER

how on EARTH anyone in their right mind say our personnel/squad is fine?????

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2013 16:48

ScottishRoyal

the majority of the Adkins fan club were tipping us for top 2 at the start of the season with exactly this squad. Now it's the squad's fault, apparently.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 29 Dec 2013 16:48

BBC showing us as having 60% possession still

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2013 16:49

Might be worth going on Wednesday just for the amusement value alone.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Dec 2013 16:49

leon
ScottishRoyal

the majority of the Adkins fan club were tipping us for top 2 at the start of the season with exactly this squad. Now it's the squad's fault, apparently.

Having no LB cover or CB cover and no AM or decent striker cover is a perfectly healthy squad.

Apparently.

FFS, what's the average IQ on HNA?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2013 16:49

ScottishRoyal

We have a squad of good players (nowhere near as good as you make out though) but their respective abilities do not fit well together. That is why even SAF would struggle to get the current lot to fit together and play effectively as a team.

No point in providing a list of who we would rather have because you can guarantee that, despite funds supposedly being available, Anton, Madejski and Hammond will f*ck up yet another transfer window.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2013 16:49

URZZZZZ BBC showing us as having 60% possession still

#winning

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Dec 2013 16:50

URZZZZZ BBC showing us as having 60% possession still

Phew. I can sleep happy.