BFTG Forest

122 posts
oldebiscuit

BFTG Forest

by oldebiscuit » 01 Jan 2014 18:52

For 78 minutes, no plan, no shape, no idea, a reminder of the Tommy Burns era. And then we give it a go. What turned out to be the last 17 minutes was entertaining and showed some signs of desire to win with some shots and headers on target before a last gap equaliser.
I won't single out any particular player for criticism because they were all poor for 78 minutes. Sloppy passing, poor crossing, awful defensive headed clearances, but we got away with it and got a point.
Bring on the FA Cup and a break from league footie for a week.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Forest

by kwik-silva » 01 Jan 2014 18:58

They need to play like that for more than 10 minutes, but they've shown they can do it and we (somehow) came away with a point. There are positives but they're few and far between - they really were dire for 80 minutes. blog

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 18:59

Wasn't great today but glad to see us go for it at the end. Blackman good, Gunter ok - rest were quite poor really, Alf anonymous & not even sure he touched the ball.

Forest were pretty bad too. Quite astonishing that they are 5th. Just shows how crap this division is!

Neither team comes away with that much credit but pleased we got something. Let's hope it sparks an upturn in form..

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Jan 2014 19:02

Forest just slightly less dire than us. About it really

Happy for Blackman today an thought Gunter was ok at CB. Poor old Pearce though, they've been so badly drilled by Adkins that he just didn't know what to do when he didn't have Guthrie to pass to. Felt embarrassed for him.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:06

I'm trying to be positive but Pearce today.....

When he kicked it straight out of touch at the end that just topped it off :lol:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Jan 2014 19:11

MmmMonsterMunch I'm trying to be positive but Pearce today.....

When he kicked it straight out of touch at the end that just topped it off :lol:

Poor bloke, he looked like he was trying to resist punching someone after he did that. I think he's another that is sick of the constrictive style under Adkins.

Watching him, Gunter & McCreary, they almost behave like they'll get in trouble if they deviate from what they've been told even once, and you can see they keep getting stuck in two minds when space opens up

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 01 Jan 2014 19:12

Our biggest crime is that we play without tempo; everything is too slow, too lethargic, and we look like we will concede at any given moment.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:14

John Madejski's Wallet

Poor bloke, he looked like he was trying to resist punching someone after he did that. I think he's another that is sick of the constrictive style under Adkins.

Watching him, Gunter & McCreary, they almost behave like they'll get in trouble if they deviate from what they've been told even once, and you can see they keep getting stuck in two minds when space opens up

Or perhaps he just isn't that great on the ball? This is not really a surprise as deep down we all know this..

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 01 Jan 2014 19:17

94 minutes of utter gash, last minutes undeserved equaliser after a lot of HOOOOfing

oxf*rd renewing my season ticket for that oxf*rd oxf*rd
Last edited by soggy biscuit on 01 Jan 2014 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Jan 2014 19:17

Pearce was fine whenever he had someone to pass to. He had trouble whenever he didn't have someone to pass to.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 01 Jan 2014 19:19

John Madejski's Wallet

It was hard watching him make those genuine mistakes as it was clear he was beating himself up badly. Especially with the moans and groans.

When he kicked it out at the end and he walked away cursing and almost hitting himself I felt a lot of empathy for him.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:39

Yep agree Bobby - I did feel quite sorry for him. They are short on confidence & it shows. Let's hope that injury time equaliser is a turning point.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 01 Jan 2014 19:40

Forest missed four good chances in 2nd half-if we had lost 5-0 or 5-1 would that have been it for NA-doubt it no one around to sack him.We were completely clueless today for 80 minutes-no movement, organisation,spirit or pace-we were awful .This has now being going on for a year now with no signs of improvement-cannot remember the last time we played well ?

McCarthy 5: a couple of kicks were really poor-and I am beginning to suspect he is a bit thick-when he needed to get a move on near the end-he just kept waiting for the perfect option.

Kelly 4 : But for the goal I would have given him a 3-a real liability at RB and more comfortable at CB-NA should have known this.
Gunter 5: Did his best at CB and really only caught out once-probably better than Gorks at CB !
Pierce 4 : Pretty bad-his passing and misdirected headers are just not good enough for a Championship player.
Cummings 4 : Some sharp tackles but a real liability if the ball is played over his head-offers nothing going forward and desperately short of confidence .
Blackman 5: Our best player but for that awful cross at the end.
Williams 4: Contributes nothing doesn't defend, doesn't attack with any conviction-what position was he actually bought for ?
Guthrie 5: Once again out of sorts.
McCleary 3 : I like McCleary but today he was awful-why ? Was he on the piss last night ?
Pog 5 : Worked hard but Forest were all over him and he couldn't cope.
Sharp 4: Waste of space-no point signing him up.

DRenth 4 : Tried hard but did very little.
Taylor 5 : Give him a go-cannot be worse than Williams.
Alf 4 : Did nothing

Forest: The Chelsea boy in midfield looked pretty good as did Lansbury-why cannot we get young Prem rejects ?

Ref: Best this season-very few mistakes and penalised Forest for their time wasting.Forest crowd average-but once again we were very quiet-although I suspect that if we hadn't snatched a draw-there would have been a major protest at the way we are playing.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 01 Jan 2014 19:41

Utter load of dog shit

Adkins interview annoyed me as well

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 01 Jan 2014 19:43

Guthrie needs to take the passes when they're on, and not get himself into trouble whilst simultaneously slowing the game and passing it back to Pearce - who then has no options.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 01 Jan 2014 19:44

Westwood52 Forest missed four good chances in 2nd half-if we had lost 5-0 or 5-1 would that have been it for NA-doubt it no one around to sack him.We were completely clueless today for 80 minutes-no movement, organisation,spirit or pace-we were awful .This has now being going on for a year now with no signs of improvement-cannot remember the last time we played well ?

McCarthy 5: a couple of kicks were really poor-and I am beginning to suspect he is a bit thick-when he needed to get a move on near the end-he just kept waiting for the perfect option.

Kelly 4 : But for the goal I would have given him a 3-a real liability at RB and more comfortable at CB-NA should have known this.
Gunter 5: Did his best at CB and really only caught out once-probably better than Gorks at CB !
Pierce 4 : Pretty bad-his passing and misdirected headers are just not good enough for a Championship player.
Cummings 4 : Some sharp tackles but a real liability if the ball is played over his head-offers nothing going forward and desperately short of confidence .
Blackman 5: Our best player but for that awful cross at the end.
Williams 4: Contributes nothing doesn't defend, doesn't attack with any conviction-what position was he actually bought for ?
Guthrie 5: Once again out of sorts.
McCleary 3 : I like McCleary but today he was awful-why ? Was he on the piss last night ?
Pog 5 : Worked hard but Forest were all over him and he couldn't cope.
Sharp 4: Waste of space-no point signing him up.

DRenth 4 : Tried hard but did very little.
Taylor 5 : Give him a go-cannot be worse than Williams.
Alf 4 : Did nothing

Forest: The Chelsea boy in midfield looked pretty good as did Lansbury-why cannot we get young Prem rejects ?

Ref: Best this season-very few mistakes and penalised Forest for their time wasting.Forest crowd average-but once again we were very quiet-although I suspect that if we hadn't snatched a draw-there would have been a major protest at the way we are playing.

UTTER RUBBISH

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Jan 2014 19:46

Got away with that big time, Forest could've and should've been four up by the time our goal went in. Point is a point.

McCarthy - Kicking once again woeful. Could have been picking the ball out of the net on another three occasions but didn't thanks to Matt Derbyshire being unable to score in a brothel. 5

Kelly - Lost the ball several times most notably when he slowed down on the half way line and a forest player nicked the ball from him. Gets two extra marks for A. His block on the line early in the second half and B. Scoring the goal. 5
Gunter - Poor on the ball and caught out a couple of times playing in unnatural position. 4
Pearce - Tries his best but just can't play Adkins style. Particularly enjoyed the simple header which went into the East Stand. 5
Cummings - Wasn't the complete disaster he has been recently. 4

McCleary - Anonymous and deservedly subbed. 3
Guthrie - Hasn't had a good game in at least two months. Good shot from the edge of the area but that was about it. Poor passing and once again slowed us down too much. 4
Williams - Don't know what to make of him tbh. Does some good and a quite a bit of bad as well.
Blackman - His best game in a Reading shirt by quite a distance. Still had some dodgy moments like when he tried to trap an aerial ball and completely missed it but it was his shot that gave us some belief we could get something out of the game. 7

Pog - Limited service but held the ball up well when he did get it. 6
Sharp - Poor game. 4

Subs:
Drenthe - Injected a bit of energy into the game with a couple of decent runs. 6
ALF - Can tell he's not happy. One decent run but couldn't find a cross at the end of it (not that it would've mattered because no one was in the box). 5
Taylor - Did ok. 5

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 01 Jan 2014 19:49

Had the game finished 30 seconds earlier this mongboard would be in meltdown and fans would have been calling for the manager to go at the final whistle

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 19:52

soggy biscuit Had the game finished 30 seconds earlier this mongboard would be in meltdown and fans would have been calling for the manager to go at the final whistle

So true!!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Jan 2014 19:52

Blackman Man of the Match :shock:
Says it all

Shocking game but good last ten and maybe it will give them some confidence

122 posts