Top 5 most hated ex-Royals - Sponsored by Big Foot

154 posts
Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Top 5 most hated ex-Royals - Sponsored by Big Foot

by Gav » 04 Feb 2014 19:41

Ian Royal
WAZZOCK Matt Mills was not nearly as bad as you lot are making out, did some fantastic work in the community all told.

One slip up off the back of dogs abuse from impatient fans, and it's held against him forever :roll:

For the hard of thinking here, if you actually read what people are saying, a lot of it has absolutely nothing to do with him giving a bunch of East Stand bellends the finger.

It also wasn't dog's abuse. It was a sigh/groan from everyone at once. It was the mildest "abuse" I've ever witnessed.

I don't abuse our players, but I sighed that day. We all sighed that day.

PS - I don't hate Matt Mills, but he was a big-headed liability who was a poor leader on the pitch and had a hot head. I was delighted when we shifted him off to Leicester, and it has nothing to do with his community service or his finger.

If you're gonna be a liability, be a Bikey.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 04 Feb 2014 19:42

sandman Quiet, unassuming guy, who turned up to training every day and unlike other strikers of that time was no trouble at all on or of the pitch. Yeah I can see why people wouldn't like Doyle.

It's rare that I agree with Sandman but this reply was spot on.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 04 Feb 2014 19:52

Ian Royal Paul Brooker - I don't think I've ever felt so irate about a footballer, even opposition players, as I did about Brooker. Even now just thinking about him makes me want to spit vitriol, the useless streak of gutless yellow shite. Bottled every challenge, mis-placed passes left right and centre, rarely beat his man and generally served no oxf*rd purpose what-so-ever.

But... No Paul Brooker, no "Brooker 4 England" banner, so...

I might even argue that it was this that started to get RFC noticed, ultimately leading to Shorey's selection.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 05 Feb 2014 11:34

Referring to the comments made about Shorey et all above, it does make me LOLaugh that fans expect players to stay with clubs that have supposedly "plucked them from obscurity". They're normal people at the end of the day and if somebody comes along and says "Here's 3 times your current salary to come and do exactly the same job for a different firm, oh and here's a massive tax free bonus just for joining", 99% of people would be off in a shot. Why should footballers be any different?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 05 Feb 2014 12:26

the taphouse Just one for me Kevin Doyle....for his lack of fight against Birmingham City 3rd May 2009,came on and was the RAT jumping ship.Done oxf*rd all since just a oxf*rd Mercenary RAT :x Now at QPR need i say more...Kevin Doyle .

Christ.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 05 Feb 2014 12:45

Hugo Boss Referring to the comments made about Shorey et all above, it does make me LOLaugh that fans expect players to stay with clubs that have supposedly "plucked them from obscurity". They're normal people at the end of the day and if somebody comes along and says "Here's 3 times your current salary to come and do exactly the same job for a different firm, oh and here's a massive tax free bonus just for joining", 99% of people would be off in a shot. Why should footballers be any different?

You can do that AND not disinterestingly kick the ball to the opposition / out of play for three consecutive winnable home games. As it turned out we only needed one point.

The 'plucked from obscurity' argument is not for the debate as to why he left, but for the debate as to why he started playing with such little interest to the detriment of our relegation status.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 05 Feb 2014 14:50

Zana Badawi
Hugo Boss Referring to the comments made about Shorey et all above, it does make me LOLaugh that fans expect players to stay with clubs that have supposedly "plucked them from obscurity". They're normal people at the end of the day and if somebody comes along and says "Here's 3 times your current salary to come and do exactly the same job for a different firm, oh and here's a massive tax free bonus just for joining", 99% of people would be off in a shot. Why should footballers be any different?

You can do that AND not disinterestingly kick the ball to the opposition / out of play for three consecutive winnable home games. As it turned out we only needed one point.

The 'plucked from obscurity' argument is not for the debate as to why he left, but for the debate as to why he started playing with such little interest to the detriment of our relegation status.
Poor man management by Coppell, from what I gather he was very hands off.

Perhaps Shorey had some off the field issues? - I bet it involved money, usually does.

the taphouse

by the taphouse » 05 Feb 2014 16:42

southbank1871
the taphouse Just one for me Kevin Doyle....for his lack of fight against Birmingham City 3rd May 2009,came on and was the RAT jumping ship.Done oxf*rd all since just a oxf*rd Mercenary RAT :x Now at QPR need i say more...Kevin Doyle .

Christ.

:lol: Getting all Religious on me.I have no problem with Matt Mills either :wink:

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 07 Feb 2014 17:02

Anybody who comes to Reading FC and gives it a go-even if their crap(not their fault-whoever bought them's fault) is OK with me

However I am bored this PM-so here we go:

Halford: A right big time Charlie.

Mills : For giving the fans the finger that night-when he was absolute crap.

Salako : Took the piss and couldn't wait to run off with his money.

Henderson (Darius): Dirty bugger, particularly when playing against us.

Fae: We made a big investment(for us) in him and he couldn't be arsed.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Feb 2014 17:44

Westwood52 Anybody who comes to Reading FC and gives it a go-even if their crap(not their fault-whoever bought them's fault) is OK with me

However I am bored this PM-so here we go:

Mills : For giving the fans the finger that night-when he set up a goal and helped keep a clean sheet.

Salako : Took the piss and couldn't wait to run off with his money.
Henderson (Darius): Dirty bugger, particularly when playing against us.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 07 Feb 2014 19:42

Westwood52

In their first (?) game, Halford was thrown in at the deep end against Spurs away (and conceded a dubious penalty) and Fae was thrown in against Arsenal away in a game the Manager clearly - from the line up - didnt ever see us win.

Each of which never recovered. So I see it being a bit harsh to level "hate" against either.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 15 Mar 2014 10:50

roberto_11 Well hating someone like Martyn Booty or Michael Meaker would be akin to bullying the little kid in the playground.

Booty's ability to get into a decent crossing position then, without fail, hit the first defender still annoys me today. I still refer to a cross that hits the first defender as a "Booty cross".

Meaker: Not a chinless wonder. More a wonderless chin.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Mar 2014 11:12

harry
roberto_11 Well hating someone like Martyn Booty or Michael Meaker would be akin to bullying the little kid in the playground.

Booty's ability to get into a decent crossing position then, without fail, hit the first defender still annoys me today. I still refer to a cross that hits the first defender as a "Booty cross".

Nowadays known as a "Gunter cross".

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 15 Mar 2014 11:16

sandman
harry

Nowadays known as a "Gunter cross".

Still a "Booty cross" to me, but looks like Gunter may have attended the Booty Academy of rightbackery

154 posts