Sheff Weds - Back from the game

291 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Sheff Weds - Back from the game

by floyd__streete » 08 Feb 2014 18:15

Unfortunately, we had BBC Radio Berkshire on in the car home so we got to listen to Adkins excuse making, bemoaning the sending off. I think more the problem and certainly more worthy of his concern is the fact that Pearce managed to get the wrong side of his man 4 times in 8 minutes, the final time fatally so. Before then we should have been ahead anyway, Saint Adam Le Fondre making an utter hash of a chance with only the 'keeper to beat then Pog could/should have done better with a further opening. A day of individual mistakes, compounded by yet another misplaced pass by the woeful Hope Akpan. Moment later game over, McCarthy should have held on to the initial effort but he saved from point blank at 0-1 earlier anyway.

If we need to make budget cuts next season can we start with the management team first? If we're going to hit long diagonals to Pog - so famously dominant in the air :| - at 0-2 then perhaps we could find a manager from League 2 at the fraction of the wage we waste on Adkins.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sheff Weds - Back from the game

by Agent Balti » 08 Feb 2014 18:25

Very easy to jump all over Adkins when Pearce is clearly to blame. Not many sides could overturn a goal deficit with ten men. Pearce had had this coming, frankly. (Couldn't really see if it was a penalty myself from my vantage point)

Plenty of effort on show, but when McCleary had to drop to right back, then creativity is going to be stifled. Well played to Gray who put Antonio on to nullify Obita going forward.

All the moaners on BBC Berks blaming Adkins for this result need a reality check.

Still, the weather conditions were fun! As a game, I really enjoyed it.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 08 Feb 2014 18:26

Oh come on Floyd - it wasn't that bad. The red card fcuked the game up obviously but there was nothing less than 100% effort from all of them out there today & we were unlucky not to score.

It was just one of those days unfortunately.

How you can have a pop at Adkins for that performance today I don't know.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 08 Feb 2014 18:28

Left Winnersh at 130 and was still at junction 11 at 3 it was horrendous, I was thinking kick off would be delayed, it wasn't so I effed off home.

Best result of the day.
Last edited by Winnershroyal on 08 Feb 2014 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Feb 2014 18:28

Agent Balti All the moaners on BBC Berks blaming Adkins for this result need a reality check.

0-2 down with more than 30 mins left we then resorted to hitting diagonals towards Pog and Kirkland didn't have a shot to save. Adkins can take the blame for that, if not the many individual mistakes made by the players he (allegedly) coaches during the week.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Feb 2014 18:29

The give a dog a bad name merchants out in force already. *shrugs*

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 08 Feb 2014 18:30

floyd__streete
Agent Balti All the moaners on BBC Berks blaming Adkins for this result need a reality check.

0-2 down with more than 30 mins left we then resorted to hitting diagonals towards Pog and Kirkland didn't have a shot to save. Adkins can take the blame for that, if not the many individual mistakes made by the players he (allegedly) coaches during the week.

So you're blaming Adkins for Pearce's red card?

Ok then :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Feb 2014 18:31

MmmMonsterMunch Ok then :lol:

No.

Re-read what I said.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Feb 2014 18:32

floyd__streete

God you're my definition of fickle fan. Moan, moan, moan.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Feb 2014 18:32

MmmMonsterMunch
floyd__streete

So you're blaming Adkins for Pearce's red card?

Ok then :lol:

:lol:
Are you thick?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 08 Feb 2014 18:33

I can read fine thanks.

The "he allegedly coaches" statement is pretty much inferring that he can't coach isn't it?

EarleyRoyal16

by EarleyRoyal16 » 08 Feb 2014 18:35

Poor poor game.

Pearce got turned for pace a countless amount of times in just 10 minutes, red card could be a blessing for the next 3 games, Hector getting his chance.

Alf and Pog both really wasted good chances in the first 10 minutes, should have been 2-0 up before the pen.

Credit to Adkins for going for it, ended the game with (sort of) 4 strikers on the pitch.

There isn't much we can do when down to 10 besides lump it forward, especially when our most creative player is forced to drop to Right Back.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Feb 2014 18:35

Royalwaster God you're my definition of fickle fan. Moan, moan, moan.

Not at all fickle, I've consistently said all season that we have been largely poor and unenjoyable to watch. Fair play to you if you enjoyed that second half today or thought that it was a good enough return on the money you shelled out. Recent 'revival' based on beating poor sides like Bolton, Blackpool, Millwall. Reading will get murdered at QPR next Sunday, happily I've got old episodes of New Tricks Sky Plussed.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 08 Feb 2014 18:36

Royalwaster
floyd__streete

God you're my definition of fickle fan. Moan, moan, moan.

Quite. It's baffling how people can have a pop at the manager or the players today TBH. Those players must be knackered after that. They did not stop trying until the bitter end. Yes it wasn't the result we wanted but the red card pretty much saw to that.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Feb 2014 18:36

Doesn't mean Floyd said he blamed him for pearce's hot headed antics!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Feb 2014 18:36

Not fussed what all the happy clappers say.
A home match against a shit team where we can't even muster a solitary shot on target is absolutely pathetic.
No two ways about it.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Feb 2014 18:37

MmmMonsterMunch
The "he allegedly coaches" statement is pretty much inferring that he can't coach isn't it?

Adkins is massively overrated as a coach I reckon, yep.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 08 Feb 2014 18:38

floyd__streete

So you actually think he told the players to go long? Bullshit. They were knackered from chasing the game with ten men, you plank, of course they are going to go long with ten men! Individual errors (in that weather) you can legislate for to a point. Were Wednesday error free? Of course not. Get real.

Having ten men for 80 minutes is never going to be a realistic benchmark of our play. Shoving it all on Adkins is so sodding tiresome, but what else is expected from you "Victor"?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Feb 2014 18:39

Agent Balti So you actually think he told the players to go long? Bullshit.

So they don't do as they are asked by the manager? That is even more damning then 8)

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 08 Feb 2014 18:40

We started well and would have won comfortably but for the sending off.

Either Pearce is to blame or the ref is, but Adkins certainly isn't.

The over reaction after losing a game which we played more than 85mins with 10 men is just comical.

Some people need to get a grip.

291 posts