Who would you like in charge next season?

122 posts

Who would you like to see manage the team in August?

Nigel Adkins
56%
Eamonn Dolan
16%
Steve Clarke
3%
Chris Hughton
2%
Malky Mackay
7%
Brian McDermott
10%
Paolo Di Canio
1%
Phil Parkinson
3%
Other
3%

Total votes: 199
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who would you like in charge next season?

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2014 17:39

No matter how much anyone may dislike the idea, I think it's safe to say that as long as Madejski stays in charge Adkins will be here next season unless someone offers him a better job elsewhere.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Apr 2014 19:22

Maybe as Adkins is another one of Anton's signings we can't afford to pay him off either?

But I still want to give him another season

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Apr 2014 19:42

I'm fine with Adkins. Dolan is the natural replacement, but then he was for McDermott too...
Ian Royal I'll be amazed if there aren't changes. But we don't have the bodies to make wholesale ones. Can you imagine what stick he'd get if he did play something like the team below and it got stuffed by 3 or more? It'd be horrendus.

Federici
Gunter, Pearce, Hector, Obita
Blackman, Kuhl, Tshibola, Tanner
Taylor
Ugwu

Blackman ahead of Stacey? Adkins out!

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 19 Apr 2014 19:48

I have seen no evidence that Adkins knows what he is doing.
He is the manager of a squad of players. Quite frankly no matter how poor an individual player is, it is his remit to get the best out of them.
There appears to be no tactics or camaraderie among the team and that is the fault of the manager. Not Wiggy. Not the Russian.
The football seen this season has been absolutely appalling

Basically he has failed miserably as a manager of Reading FC and I am not looking forward to another season under his leadership.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 19 Apr 2014 20:08

Agree with all of the above.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2014 20:54

SCIAG I'm fine with Adkins. Dolan is the natural replacement, but then he was for McDermott too...
Ian Royal I'll be amazed if there aren't changes. But we don't have the bodies to make wholesale ones. Can you imagine what stick he'd get if he did play something like the team below and it got stuffed by 3 or more? It'd be horrendus.

Federici
Gunter, Pearce, Hector, Obita
Blackman, Kuhl, Tshibola, Tanner
Taylor
Ugwu

Blackman ahead of Stacey? Adkins out!

Stacey is probably my fav pick to make it from the U18s actually.

Royal Rads

by Royal Rads » 19 Apr 2014 21:07

Adkins still for sure, however if he wants to bugger off in the summer or new owners want a change I'd 100% back Dolan being in charge, teams play good football, giving some of the games recently his motivational speeches seem to do the trick and given todays subs he knows what he can do with the bench to change a game, also very much seems to have the dressing room in a positive mentality, easy choice for me.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 19 Apr 2014 21:24

Avon Royal The manager isn't the problem.

It's the ownership that needs sorting.

This.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 19 Apr 2014 21:37

[quote="Arnie_Pie"][quote="Avon Royal"]The manager isn't the problem. :shock:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Apr 2014 00:24

Uke
bcubed We need a change, not sure who but we need someone else, not Adkins

From my post in another thread

I would say management whether football management or not, is nearly always about coping with and resolving problems. Adkins has shown no ability to solve problems, no prowess at motivating players and little PR skills. Pretty much all the things you want a manager to do. Yes there have been injuries, yes there have been disciplines issues, but so what? Deal with it, manage it! Making a team out of individuals is what previous managers have done and I don't see any evidence that he has that ability

Did you cut and paste that from a Brendan Rodgers thread?

No

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 20 Apr 2014 00:40

I've always tried to support Adkins, but now we've had him for over a year it just seems like he is a totally wrong fit. He hasn't been able to identify with the fans, and he just doesn't seem to have fitted in at the club. It never looks right seeing him on the touchline, even though with all the managers previously from Pardew to McDermott (Only been a fan since 2001!) they just seemed to click and identify with the club and it's fans.

Shame, as I reckon under good circumstances Adkins could be fantastic for a club, just not ours

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 20 Apr 2014 13:19

Adkins.

He needs to get rid of some of the first team, who lack commitment and passion. Also, McAnuff as captain. We need a strong leader on the pitch. Bring in some more from our academy, buy/loan a couple in. Let the new team blend and bond, easy peasy 8)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2014 13:24

Obviously I like Jobi an awful lot and I'm on record as saying he's a good captain, which I stand by. But I'm not sure he's the right captain for a team going through what we are right now. That is more of a blood and thunder captain for me. And he's also probably the most susceptible to losing confidence. Though he'll plough on through it trying hard regardless.

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 20 Apr 2014 13:40

scumbag Eddie Howe is a top shout if we could prise him away. But I agree the ownership seems far more important.

Eddie Howe would be my choice as replacement manager.......but why would he possibly want to come here? :cry:

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 20 Apr 2014 14:05

Ian Royal Obviously I like Jobi an awful lot and I'm on record as saying he's a good captain, which I stand by. But I'm not sure he's the right captain for a team going through what we are right now. That is more of a blood and thunder captain for me. And he's also probably the most susceptible to losing confidence. Though he'll plough on through it trying hard regardless.

Yes, I take some of your point and agree. He tries ever so hard, maybe too hard but I dont see him as a strong presence/character on the field, which is where we need it most. IMO.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2014 14:14

surrounded by saints
scumbag Eddie Howe is a top shout if we could prise him away. But I agree the ownership seems far more important.

Eddie Howe would be my choice as replacement manager.......but why would he possibly want to come here? :cry:

More sustainable long term success, given our academy and a stadium that holds double Bournemouth's capacity. Expect Bournemouth to slip back into mid-table or worse over the next two seasons and then struggle to recover from it. If we can sort out the wages and or the owner we should stay roughly where we are at least.

JR

by JR » 20 Apr 2014 15:57

Those fans jumping on the Adkins out bandwagon would do well to remember the last time we rashly sacked a manager without giving him sufficient time to change the way the team play and bring through the academy...

Mr Rodgers is about to win the Premiership and we sacked him....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Apr 2014 16:06

And? A play off final and a Championship title since. Say he'd done really well at Reading would he still be here now? Of course not, the moment we came in for him he walked out on Watford and he walked out of Swansea after one half decent PL season. Loyalty clearly isn't one of Brendan Rodgers many buzzwords.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Apr 2014 16:22

sandman And? A play off final and a Championship title since. Say he'd done really well at Reading would he still be here now? Of course not, the moment we came in for him he walked out on Watford and he walked out of Swansea after one half decent PL season. Loyalty clearly isn't one of Brendan Rodgers many buzzwords.

We don't know do we, nothing may have come of it and he could still be here. Or he could have got us promoted and settled into the PL playing like Soton or Swansea. I believe we'd have been better off playing wise over the last three seasons than we are now but then there are many who don't. Either way it was a stupid decision of the club to get rid of him and JMs biggest mistake manager wise.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 20 Apr 2014 16:26

JR Those fans jumping on the Adkins out bandwagon would do well to remember the last time we rashly sacked a manager without giving him sufficient time

Stop going on about Brian all the time. Anton just wanted to make his mark, that's all. He's young, it's to be expected.

122 posts