Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Buyout

by Uke » 25 Jan 2014 09:53

The bull shit is a consequence of the window, and the media frenzy that surrounds it

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Jan 2014 10:11

We're always being fed bullshit. JM was happy with the delay in AZ paying second tranche of money/Everything is fine don't panic/the soup this week is Leek and Potato. :roll:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Jan 2014 10:15

All I can say is that when this is all worked out it better be ****** worth it as I really can't take any more of this talk talk talk turning out to be a load of cobblers, JMs pre Xmas comments on money available irrespective if the takeover position being a prime example.

Here's hoping next season will be the start of something special....

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 25 Jan 2014 10:37

The only thing that's weak in all of this is people's resistance to feeling hard done by and depressed by what is ultimately just a game in which their team didn't get them the toys they wanted.

It's so easy to be negative, but it's just slightly challenging to try to stay positive. That's why there's so many people taking the easy option. Honestly it makes life so much easier stepping out of your comfort zone and challenging your own paradigms that make you feel fed up.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Jan 2014 10:51

Royal Lady We're always being fed bullshit. JM was happy with the delay in AZ paying second tranche of money/Everything is fine don't panic/the soup this week is Leek and Potato. :roll:

But what else could he say without damaging the club and it's value to its shareholders. As a company director it is his legal responsibility.

Perhaps if people stopped asking questions to which they already know the answer, to force a press statement out of a director who cannot give any other answer we might get some sense?

It's clear from the evidence what has gone on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2014 12:30

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Royal Rother No idea why people perpetuate this lie that we never make signings. :lol: Bizarre.

I'm not sure it's the "we never make signings", it's more the " we never make quality signings." Other than Pog (possibly) name me one real top half Primmadonnaship we have made..... ever.

How on arth can you expect us to sign top half PL players when we've had a grand total of three seasons in the top flight? oxf*rd Nora, even the likes of Aston Villa struggle to regularly sign top half PL players!

When you say quality signings, I assume you mean big name signings, given most of our best 'uns have been cheap no names at the time?
Pogrebnyak
Drenthe
Bridge
Guthrie
Kelly
Gunter
McCleary
Marriapa
Mills
Rosenior...

All players with good reputations, either with PL experience or touted as amongst the best outside the PL in their position at the time we signed them.

And if people mean we never make quality signings, they should bloody say it. Because all I see is people moaning we never make any signings. And this will be the first transfer window since they started that we've made no signings. And there's still a week of it left!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Jan 2014 12:33

Just wait till the summer clear out if we don't get promoted.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2014 12:33

2 world wars, 1 world cup
But in Reading's case promising to spend big then not delivering was a tragedy whic ph cost us survival

I'm not sure how you can complain about promises not being delivered on when you've just made the promise up in the first place.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 25 Jan 2014 13:15

JIM this is exactly why we will always be a second class club. no Big investment in the team. JM should have boosted the finances (as a business man) When Steve took us up the first time. The academy could have waited until we were an established Premier club. He did promised to extend the stadium if we stayed up that year, we did ,he didnt. Now investors see us as a yoyo club and its too late now.So until we get a far sighted owner this is the way it is going to be sadly.

I was told by one of the board directors money was made available to Coppell but he declined to spend it. This was a couple of years after the event so he had no reason to BS.
If you remember last time they had to build the media wing first -which cost quite a lot- to comply with the prem rules so that was probably why the extension was delayed.(this is only my assumption btw)
As an aside the 'swimming pool' recently built at the bottom of the hill by the roundabout is to do with the proposed extension (but just to keep the planning permission in place so don't get your hopes up :lol: )

Cypry

by Cypry » 25 Jan 2014 13:28

JIM this is exactly why we will always be a second class club. no Big investment in the team. JM should have boosted the finances (as a business man) When Steve took us up the first time. The academy could have waited until we were an established Premier club. He did promised to extend the stadium if we stayed up that year, we did ,he didnt. Now investors see us as a yoyo club and its too late now.So until we get a far sighted owner this is the way it is going to be sadly.

Which is fine if there's a guarantee that we'll be promoted in the next couple of years, but there isn't.

The CAT1 status is a huge asset to the club going forward - it means that regardless of whether we're in the Premier League, or the Championship, we'll have a much better group of players in the academy, who can feed the first team, and, in the event that they transfer out to "big" clubs, generate an income in their own right.
If we'd waited 1, 2, 5 , 10 years, that boat would have sailed, and we'd be building the whole thing from the ground up - as it is, we've managed to retain most of the talent we already had in the academy, and add to it, due to the status (I know of at least one U18 player who turned down offers from two of the big four clubs to stay with us, the basis of his thinking being that as CAT1 we'd offer a similar level of coaching quality, but due to our size there's be a much bigger chance to break into the first team in years to come).

If we have nothing else to thank TSI/Anton for, then pushing for, and getting, CAT1 status is something that we should be extremely grateful for....

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Jan 2014 13:32

PieEater Just wait till the summer clear out if we don't get promoted.

I will be more than happy to see Kelly, HRK, Guthrie and Pog go. Even Pearce with his overly high wages. It'll be a shame to see McCarthy go, but that's about it (with the exception of the kids coming through).

Who knows what the Omani's will have in store for us, but I'll err on the side of caution and expect to see the wage bill slashed, and return to a more SJM way of running the club. I am intrigued though how this will be 'good for football in Oman', as quoted last week. I hope that doesn't mean we get overloaded with below average Omani players. The odd one why not, you might dig out a gem that otherwise might have gone unnoticed, but if they over do it it could work against us. That is obviously me over-thinking and worrying about something that might not happen, but it's better than discussing this bloody transfer window.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 25 Jan 2014 13:41

SPARTA

I will be more than happy to see Kelly, HRK, Guthrie and Pog go. Even Pearce with his overly high wages. It'll be a shame to see McCarthy go, but that's about it (with the exception of the kids coming through).

Who knows what the Omani's will have in store for us, but I'll err on the side of caution and expect to see the wage bill slashed, and return to a more SJM way of running the club. I am intrigued though how this will be 'good for football in Oman', as quoted last week. I hope that doesn't mean we get overloaded with below average Omani players. The odd one why not, you might dig out a gem that otherwise might have gone unnoticed, but if they over do it it could work against us. That is obviously me over-thinking and worrying about something that might not happen, but it's better than discussing this bloody transfer window.

I think it will expose the Omani's (if it happens of course) to the English training methods and get them closer to the action. I doubt they would run out the Omani first team to play QPR if that's what you're worried about! (although they did win at the Madejski so perhaps not too bad an idea.....)

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Jan 2014 13:50

Hmmm, have the conspiracy theorists suggested that we threw the match to keep the Omanis interested yet?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 25 Jan 2014 13:53

Uke Hmmm, have the conspiracy theorists suggested that we threw the match to keep the Omanis interested yet?

In a "Wow they are pretty shite lets buy them" approach....yep works every time.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Jan 2014 13:54

multisync1830
SPARTA

I think it will expose the Omani's (if it happens of course) to the English training methods and get them closer to the action. I doubt they would run out the Omani first team to play QPR if that's what you're worried about! (although they did win at the Madejski so perhaps not too bad an idea.....)

Not to that extent, no, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a handful of Omani internationals come here in the near future.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Jan 2014 13:55

Cypry

Which is fine if there's a guarantee that we'll be promoted in the next couple of years, but there isn't.

The CAT1 status is a huge asset to the club going forward - it means that regardless of whether we're in the Premier League, or the Championship, we'll have a much better group of players in the academy, who can feed the first team, and, in the event that they transfer out to "big" clubs, generate an income in their own right.
If we'd waited 1, 2, 5 , 10 years, that boat would have sailed, and we'd be building the whole thing from the ground up - as it is, we've managed to retain most of the talent we already had in the academy, and add to it, due to the status (I know of at least one U18 player who turned down offers from two of the big four clubs to stay with us, the basis of his thinking being that as CAT1 we'd offer a similar level of coaching quality, but due to our size there's be a much bigger chance to break into the first team in years to come).

If we have nothing else to thank TSI/Anton for, then pushing for, and getting, CAT1 status is something that we should be extremely grateful for....

+fcuking1

It continues to amaze me how so many people are happy to moan about 'modern football' and its reliance on money and foreigners and the abandonment of local roots - yet show no interest in the development of home grown talent.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Jan 2014 14:00

multisync1830
Uke Hmmm, have the conspiracy theorists suggested that we threw the match to keep the Omanis interested yet?

In a "Wow they are pretty shite lets buy them" approach....yep works every time.

As opposed to the "Lets trounce the cream of your nation, they are no better than dogs, I wave my shoes at you and your kind" which always goes down well with Heads of State?

Glad you think it's credible enough to respond though! :lol:

JIM

by JIM » 25 Jan 2014 14:18

You dont get it do you.the fans are fed up with being the mushroom supporters. kept in the dark and fed on s..t our rise to the top was fantastic, but short sighted policy caused the club to falter, no risk no short term investment in players to ensure survival in the premier,whilst a plan B was formulated. JM was left to carry the club.Dont blame him.The other members around him just waited for the money to roll in .OK the academy is a long term policy, but it is the only policy we have.Lets hope if we do manage promotion in the no too distant future, we wont be put in the same position again, end of rant

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Jan 2014 15:01

"The fans are fed up...." :lol:

You actually think you're speaking for the majority here don't you? BIG JIM!!!!

Priceless.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 25 Jan 2014 15:57

Uke The bull shit is a consequence of the window, and the media frenzy that surrounds it

I'm not talking about the rumours and speculation. I'm talking about the words coming out of the actual mouths of the owners. If there is no willing to invest, don't pretend there is.

8684 posts