Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by winchester_royal » 01 Aug 2014 14:17

multisync1830

You sound like Looserpool. "Next year Rodney"

Yeah lol, god forbid we turn out to have a long term strategy implemented like the one Rodgers has got going there :!:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Yes, Siam new owner of Reading Football Club

by Uke » 01 Aug 2014 14:18

If this goes wrong the club will sink without trace

It'll be like the Thai-tanic

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 01 Aug 2014 14:20

What's this talk about a 'partnership'?
Strange way of putting it.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

Re: Yes, Siam new owner of Reading Football Club

by YateleyRoyal » 01 Aug 2014 14:31

Uke If this goes wrong the club will sink without trace

It'll be like the Thai-tanic

BOOM!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2014 14:35

Terminal Boardom
BR2 Jolly good-all you guys have the answers but really know f*** all however you all post with great authority :wink: .
Nameless,
Do you really believe that Nigel is happy to go with unproven youngsters?
His record at Southampton shows that if there is money to spend he will readily have it spent.
I only hope that we don't end up with Billy Sharp.

At this rate, Billy Sharp would be a good signing.

Nothing wrong with Billy Sharp. He's just as proven as Le Fondre at this level. OK he might not be the next level but at least he'd give us something up front.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2014 14:36

The Rouge
Uke Now the threads are merged, how about a new title without a typo?

New Ownership Deal Thaid Up

Try "And the race for Reading ends in a Thai"
Last edited by Sutekh on 01 Aug 2014 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2014 14:38

JC
Sutekh I also hear that the payment is to be completed via an installment plan so this suggests that the "consortium" do not have the monies available up front at this point in time, certainly that would probably be why the club are terming it as a partnership. Whether this plan is for several installments over several years or a few installments over 6/12 months isn't known (yet).

So, unless this is the only way payment could be arranged given the political situation in Thailand, we may well be going from one limited owner to another.

Therefore i'm not going to expect much even if the FL do approve it.

The ball is with you Samrit and Srivikorn, amaze us :D

What is your source for this other than "I hear" ?

Source is Tim Dellor :o , BBC Radio Berkshire at about 09:10 this morning.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 01 Aug 2014 14:47

winchester_royal
multisync1830

Yeah lol, god forbid we turn out to have a long term strategy implemented like the one Rodgers has got going there :!:

What has he got going there, nothing IMHO. They will be back to where they belong next season, without Suarez they are very average.A smokescreen no more.

I agree RFC cannot afford to throw caution to the wind this year or even with these new owners but aiming for 'average' long term isn't making my heart race.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Aug 2014 15:09

Sutekh
JC
Sutekh I also hear that the payment is to be completed via an installment plan so this suggests that the "consortium" do not have the monies available up front at this point in time, certainly that would probably be why the club are terming it as a partnership. Whether this plan is for several installments over several years or a few installments over 6/12 months isn't known (yet).

So, unless this is the only way payment could be arranged given the political situation in Thailand, we may well be going from one limited owner to another.

What is your source for this other than "I hear" ?

Source is Tim Dellor :o , BBC Radio Berkshire at about 09:10 this morning.

Must be true then :shock:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Aug 2014 15:13

multisync1830
winchester_royal
multisync1830

What has he got going there, nothing IMHO. They will be back to where they belong next season, without Suarez they are very average.A smokescreen no more.

I agree RFC cannot afford to throw caution to the wind this year or even with these new owners but aiming for 'average' long term isn't making my heart race.

I couldn't disagree more. To me, Liverpool look like the one top 6 club that have a coherent strategy going.

Sound business strategy rarely gets the heart racing. But it does produce steady and sustainable growth.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Aug 2014 16:24

winchester_royal
BR2
winchester_royal Don't quite what people are hoping for out of this tbh. Maybe some still cling to the slightly delusional idea that there's a multi-billionaire out there waiting to make us the new Man City. Or maybe some believe that there's a philanthropic football loving rich guy willing to clear our debts and pump money in without expecting anything in return.

The club is on the right path in a lot of ways. The academy is going from strength to strength. We have a number of talented young players starting out on their careers with us. We have a number of excellent coaches across the various squads. We just need a bit of financial stability after the excesses of TSI, a secure hand on the rudder, nothing too flashy or destabilising. Let that infrastructure that has been built from the ground up over the last 20 years do the talking. I imagine that is what Sir John was looking for from the new owners. And if the Thais happen to make some money off a bit of land redevelopment then fair play to them.

Are you sure you don't work for the club in the PR dept.?
A lot is being made of our young players and it requires a massive leap of faith to believe that more than a couple of these will be good enough to play in the Championship this season.
The club has had a bit of a clearout and I would expect at the very least 3 or 4 new signings for this season-it's what football clubs do,especially those with parachute payments to enjoy and use.

I'm not just talking about this season though. Football is a long term sport that requires long term thinking. I think we have more than enough quality in this current squad to stay up. When players are back fit we'll have arguably the best set of midfielders in the league, a very decent defence, and a class striker. Yes we'll probably lack the depth required to challenge seriously, but I think we've got a better chance of taking the division by storm with a small tight nit group of players that work hard for each other (ala 05/06) rather than signing a few average journeymen to fill up the squad. And then over the next couple of seasons we can really kick on with some blooded youngsters and a well thought out recruitment strategy. And I will be more than happy with that.

Bitch and whine as much as you want, that's your prerogative I guess, but there are plenty of clubs out there who would very much like to be in our position right now. I genuinely believe that.

Which is precisely why Chelsea have won 2 Premier Leagues and the Champions League. Hang on, I might have misread that. :roll: :roll:

Trebor_Blue

by Trebor_Blue » 01 Aug 2014 17:15

Not only do the new consortium need to bring in 3 or 4 new players but more importantly we need to ensure the current players whose contracts run out at the end of the season sign new contracts to keep them at RFC.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Thai Knee Dancer

by Uke » 01 Aug 2014 17:17

Instalments = suitcases stuffed with cash?

They may not be the rich Thaicoons we thought they were?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Aug 2014 17:17

tidus_mi2 I'd say last time Brendan tried to play youngsters and change the playing style, to his credit, Adkins at least knows when to adapt to the players strengths so may have more success at integrating youngsters.

I'm not sure I really buy into him trying particularly hard to play youngsters.

Pearce, Long, Robson-Kanu(?) and Karacan were already in and around the first team. He bought Rasiak, Howard, McAnuff and Mills for something like £4m (headline figures) hardly relying on youngsters.

So basically what TB is saying is that playing Sigurdsson and Church (forgive me if I've forgotten someone) equates with starting to bring through Hector, Obita & Taylor last season and potentially several of Kuhl, Tshibola, Edwards, Tanner, Samuel, Sweeney, Cooper, Griffin and Long, with (so far this season) no new senior support.

I don't really see that as remotely comparable personally.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Aug 2014 17:22

It may have escaped you notice TB, but we aren't Chelsea, we don't have an Abramovich owner, nor are we likely to ever get one and trying to emulate their 'spend spend spend' philosophy won't work for us.

We've already seen what happens when you gamble on (comparative) big wage, big reputation players. That's why we're in this mess.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 01 Aug 2014 17:26

Uke

Instalments = suitcases stuffed with cash?

They may not be the rich Thaicoons we thought they were?

Racist

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 01 Aug 2014 17:33

trueroyal1871
Uke They may not be the rich Thaicoons we thought they were?

Racist
Don't create racism when there is none line some racist version of Dr Sam Becket jumping from thread to thread hoping that the last thread will the one that sends them home.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Aug 2014 17:35

winchester_royal
BR2
winchester_royal Don't quite what people are hoping for out of this tbh. Maybe some still cling to the slightly delusional idea that there's a multi-billionaire out there waiting to make us the new Man City. Or maybe some believe that there's a philanthropic football loving rich guy willing to clear our debts and pump money in without expecting anything in return.

The club is on the right path in a lot of ways. The academy is going from strength to strength. We have a number of talented young players starting out on their careers with us. We have a number of excellent coaches across the various squads. We just need a bit of financial stability after the excesses of TSI, a secure hand on the rudder, nothing too flashy or destabilising. Let that infrastructure that has been built from the ground up over the last 20 years do the talking. I imagine that is what Sir John was looking for from the new owners. And if the Thais happen to make some money off a bit of land redevelopment then fair play to them.

Are you sure you don't work for the club in the PR dept.?
A lot is being made of our young players and it requires a massive leap of faith to believe that more than a couple of these will be good enough to play in the Championship this season.
The club has had a bit of a clearout and I would expect at the very least 3 or 4 new signings for this season-it's what football clubs do,especially those with parachute payments to enjoy and use.

I'm not just talking about this season though. Football is a long term sport that requires long term thinking. I think we have more than enough quality in this current squad to stay up. When players are back fit we'll have arguably the best set of midfielders in the league, a very decent defence, and a class striker. Yes we'll probably lack the depth required to challenge seriously, but I think we've got a better chance of taking the division by storm with a small tight nit group of players that work hard for each other (ala 05/06) rather than signing a few average journeymen to fill up the squad. And then over the next couple of seasons we can really kick on with some blooded youngsters and a well thought out recruitment strategy. And I will be more than happy with that.

Bitch and whine as much as you want, that's your prerogative I guess, but there are plenty of clubs out there who would very much like to be in our position right now. I genuinely believe that.

I'll ask again winch-do you work in the PR dept or are you just young, massively optimistic and just a bit gullible rather than like some of us old gits who are....old and cynical? :wink:
To suggest that we have a "class striker" and "arguably the best set of midfielders in the league" is a bit too much hype for me.
Remember that last season we finished around 30 points off the top.
I do sincerely hope that our youngsters come on strongly and form the backbone of our side (something that every club is trying to do, even at Chelsea and City)as it is the long-term model for every club.

I would like Adkins to spend some money to bring in players who might be good enough for the Premier League, something that Sharp is clearly not, to help us bridge that enormous gap that existed last season which frankly was a disgrace for a club that was playing in the Premier League the season before.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Thai Mee Kangaroo Down Sport

by Uke » 01 Aug 2014 17:39

trueroyal1871
Uke They may not be the rich Thaicoons we thought they were?

Racist

The pun was too En Thai Sing

I'm no racist though, you can tell from the way I wok

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by floyd__streete » 01 Aug 2014 17:46

Lacoste None of you have a clue so chill and wait to see who is involved/costed etc when all confirmed.

:lol:

Because there has been a good recent record in terms of such clarity hasn't there :?:

You carry on being deluded though, life is a lot easier when you don't ask questions. Run along and be a good little supporter now, won't you :?:

8684 posts