Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Oct 2013 11:23

Let's hope that any new owner has deep pockets-JM would never sell his share in the club to anyone but, would he?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 05 Oct 2013 11:38

Cypry
Thankgodisfriday Hi guys,I really hope everything is ok in the buyout camp.... however JM I feel was desperate for money as the printing empire was going down the tubes,so take with a pinch of salt the fact AZ was a perfect fit....JMs house was recently putup for sale....is this knowledge that the deal was looking shaky... added to the fact that Hammond had limited budget for signings.
All is not well in the Financial camp.....when did we last see AZ at Reading? ...birth of baby excluded...have his reprentatives been seen...?

As far as I know Samuel has been at pretty much every game.....suspect visa limitations are meaning Anton has to pick and choose when he can be here...

He does not need to worry about Visa restrictions, he's probably completed his Tier 1 continuous residence period already.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Oct 2013 13:20

Well, clearly something is not right. Why would you agree to a buyout and then not pay your second instalment unless there was something stopping you? Nothing surprises me anymore, a Saudi coming in to buy out both SJM and Anton is no more ludicrous than the thought of us signing an ex Real Madrid player would have been a couple of years ago.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 05 Oct 2013 13:44

It'd be a real shame, really, if he doesn't buyout SJM's share. I get the impression that he genuinely wants to help the club. I really don't think a championship club would be a potential investment for anyone wanting to make money, though. Too many people want too much money, very little would be left for any chairman to take some. In the past we've been very sensibly ran. I hope, though very much doubt, that we're spending within our means.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Oct 2013 15:00

These commies have ripped the heart out of this club, a real shambles.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 05 Oct 2013 16:42

ILoveMoonPig It'd be a real shame, really, if he doesn't buyout SJM's share. I get the impression that he genuinely wants to help the club. I really don't think a championship club would be a potential investment for anyone wanting to make money, though. Too many people want too much money, very little would be left for any chairman to take some. In the past we've been very sensibly ran. I hope, though very much doubt, that we're spending within our means.

What a sensible POV.....

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 05 Oct 2013 18:34

This might be true and Zingarevich is looking to off-load the club, but here we go again, during the recent close season and transfer window there were lots of "quotes" from inside the club attributed to Adkins, Zingarevich etc....................regarding transfer expectations. All most wanted was some sort of explantion as to why we were struggling to get players in, and many times on these threads the PR side of the club was heavilly critised for its lack of clarity. Now we have this story, in which the not yet completion of the buyout has been reported in the national press, if there isnt a problem why don't they come out and say so ? then all these suspicions would disappear, as long as this uncertainty continues this thread will be heading for a 100 pages before long.

Cypry

by Cypry » 05 Oct 2013 19:24

Royal Lady Well, clearly something is not right. Why would you agree to a buyout and then not pay your second instalment unless there was something stopping you? Nothing surprises me anymore, a Saudi coming in to buy out both SJM and Anton is no more ludicrous than the thought of us signing an ex Real Madrid player would have been a couple of years ago.

Yeah, or there could be some advantage to one, or both parties in the delay - companies rarely base themselves offshore, and then behave in a tax inefficient way....

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Oct 2013 19:48

Exciting times ahead for the royals!!!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Oct 2013 23:13

Cypry
Thankgodisfriday Hi guys,I really hope everything is ok in the buyout camp.... however JM I feel was desperate for money as the printing empire was going down the tubes,so take with a pinch of salt the fact AZ was a perfect fit....JMs house was recently putup for sale....is this knowledge that the deal was looking shaky... added to the fact that Hammond had limited budget for signings.
All is not well in the Financial camp.....when did we last see AZ at Reading? ...birth of baby excluded...have his reprentatives been seen...?

As far as I know Samuel has been at pretty much every game.....suspect visa limitations are meaning Anton has to pick and choose when he can be here...

Samuel:

Samuelson:

Know the difference!

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 06 Oct 2013 18:46

Based on nothing really but I have suspected that something isn't right for a while now.

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 06 Oct 2013 21:14

Any one got a betfair account and can check out odds on neither SJM or AZ being there by end of season? Worth a few quid!

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 06 Oct 2013 23:33

EverHopeful Any one got a betfair account and can check out odds on neither SJM or AZ being there by end of season? Worth a few quid!

I think the odds On SJM being here are shorter than AZ judging by what I heard yesterday.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Oct 2013 04:35

I've done several large business transactions for my business and despite being completely in the money and all above board thee have almost always been issues and delays. Anyone who's ever bought a house for example will know this. To start speculating just because we didn't sign promised players and the takeover hasnt happened yet is daft. Things this big take time and will stumble.

I'm just glad we have Sir John to look after matters.

The one saving grace is that if it does all go tits up the club apologists here will look even more bloody stupid on HNA than they already do so not all will be lost.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 07 Oct 2013 07:54

Just going to throw this out there, perhaps Anton has taken a back seat to spend time with his newborn baby? John Madejski didn't attend every match before he retired either.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Oct 2013 08:47

Sky Sports now reporting that Zingarevich is looking to sell just 18 months after buying club?

Do they have anything to back this up or have they just got it from here?

Why don't these so-called journalists start asking serious questions of the main (business) players in this saga ? JM was happy to have media attention when it suited him. Time for him to be put in the spotlight again. It would be interesting to see how he answers/eludes the questions.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 07 Oct 2013 09:01

RoyalBlue Sky Sports now reporting that Zingarevich is looking to sell just 18 months after buying club?

Do they have anything to back this up or have they just got it from here?

Why don't these so-called journalists start asking serious questions of the main (business) players in this saga ? JM was happy to have media attention when it suited him. Time for him to be put in the spotlight again. It would be interesting to see how he answers/eludes the questions.

Sky prb picked it up from today's Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... stake.html

and The Sun prb got the rumour from this site!

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 07 Oct 2013 09:41

Doesn't Jonny Fordham now write for the Sun?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 07 Oct 2013 11:21

Theres 2 Sheiks after the club

Abdul Ratthel and Muhammad Wroll

They are looking at joining forces if so we would have Sheik Ratthel and Wroll

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Oct 2013 11:28

Baaaad